Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Bits to change  (Read 1570 times)

Offline Jaytee

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: Tiger sport
  • City / Town: Exeter
Bits to change
« on: 22 May, 2020, 05:23:32 PM »
Afternoon everyone. So Ive had my bike only a couple days and already I need to change some parts. I love the bike, its a 2014 TS. Theres a Powerbronze tall screen on it, but the buffeting I get is awful, so Im thinking mra vario, do you guys rate them? Also the gear lever feels too short, I could do with it sticking out half inch more, is there such a thing?  Also the spotlights could do with replacing for better ones. Any suggestions greatly appreciated   

Offline tiggersteve

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: now bikeless
  • City / Town: doddington cambs
Re: Bits to change
« Reply #1 on: 22 May, 2020, 06:52:31 PM »
Mra vario is probably best option as it's multi adjustable, other than buying and selling numerous screens,
Is the gear lever "peg" riveted in or screwed in, could just do with a longer "peg" if screwed<
can't comment on the lights

Offline Ukwes

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: 2016 Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Hastings
« Reply #2 on: 22 May, 2020, 07:12:08 PM »
I needed a longer gear lever when I changed from Sidi to TCX boots which were thicker on the toe.
I got a Palmers gear lever which is fully adjustable for movement and length.
Other bikes: 2017 Speed Triple R, 2010 Street Triple R,  ZXR 400 race bike for track days and Fantic 250 Casa for green lanes, and a Yamaha TDR250 for investment fun

Offline tiggersteve

• Tiger God
« Reply #3 on: 22 May, 2020, 07:27:15 PM »
"I got a Palmers gear lever which is fully adjustable for movement and length."

yea pretty it ain't  looks like something someone made in their shed but hey I'm sure it works

Offline vern

• Tiger Member
  • only 2 things certain in life, death and taxes.
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: Surrey
« Reply #4 on: 22 May, 2020, 09:30:19 PM »
Palmer gear lever does what it needs to do very well.  Very strongly built and just the thing for riding in heavy boots.

Offline Jaytee

• Tiger Member
« Reply #5 on: 23 May, 2020, 07:41:27 AM »
Thank you for the replies guys.
Mra screen looks like the preferred option for a lot of people so Im going to try that, and the Palmer gear lever, although it does look meccano ish.

Offline Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
« Reply #6 on: 23 May, 2020, 10:38:00 AM »
Screens are a fickle thing, what works for one person doesn't necessarily work for another, even people of similar height.
I have never suffered the buffeting many complain of, but the noise for me was horrendous. The short PowerBronze screen solves that but gets you wet.
The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions.
Leonardo da Vinci

Offline tiggersteve

• Tiger God
« Reply #7 on: 23 May, 2020, 12:05:16 PM »
*Originally Posted by Paul2bikes [+]
Screens are a fickle thing, what works for one person doesn't necessarily work for another, even people of similar height.
I have never suffered the buffeting many complain of, but the noise for me was horrendous. The short PowerBronze screen solves that but gets you wet.

:0461: but for me the Vario stopped the buffeting unfortunately not the noise even tried with no screen,

Offline Jaytee

• Tiger Member
« Reply #8 on: 23 May, 2020, 03:27:54 PM »
Crikey now youve thrown a spanner in the works lol. I thought the mra would solve everything?! I think if its raining youre gonna get wet no matter what. Maybe a short screen would work, I dont mind the wind hitting my chest and it would be quieter than present. Might try getting hold of a 2nd hand original and start from scratch.

Offline tiggersteve

• Tiger God
« Reply #9 on: 23 May, 2020, 04:46:19 PM »
The noise is a big issue for most, yes it varies from rider to rider and also the perception of noise differs for different people a bit like vibes
but it is there, for me even with no screen it became an issue and was one of the reasons the Tiger had to go,
seems to be a bigger issue if you are short/short in the body (like me) as you can't then get out of the dirty air which comes round the side of the fairing