Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Why not add an avatar to your profile ?

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: FrontRanger  (Read 640 times)

Offline Tigermike

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2010 Bk/Grey 1050SE
  • City / Town: Banbury
Re: FrontRanger
« Reply #10 on: 21 May, 2020, 10:34:27 PM »
OK,  just a few thoughts.
 Use the best quality fuel -super unleaded as the bike will run better and give better fuel economy.
Tyres, I have only tried Michelin PR2,  PR4 and road 5's. All gave me 10 to 12k miles, Road 5s seem to be best in the wet but there are other makes which are just as good.
Oil, most semi synthetics are good, have used motul,  ipone and shell.
Oil filters, I normally fit a hi flo hf204, i stay away from K&N especially the ones with the nut on the top.
Yes the headlights are crap,  best conversion is to fit the Sport headlights  :028:
Best idea Is to read the posts in the stickies, loads of great info and guides in there..
 :031:
Yam RD125 DX, Kwak GPZ305, Honda CB400T, 1983 Kwak GT550, Suzuki GSF650 Bandit, Tiger 1050SE .... got there in the end.

Offline varnerju

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: 2008 1050 ABS
  • City / Town: Holland, MI
« Reply #11 on: 22 May, 2020, 03:13:50 PM »
 :401:
Glad you found us. I've been to Colorado a few times on my Tiger and it was great. Kept to the asphalt though, so while I would highly recommend the Michielen Pilot series, sounds like it isn't what you are looking for. Glad you got the best color too! Hope to see pictures of your adventures. Gotta get pictures for when the dementia sets in, you can revisit bit by bit!

Cheers

Offline turtle

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: 2011 Tiger 1050 SE
  • City / Town: Central IL
« Reply #12 on: 22 May, 2020, 05:36:02 PM »
I don't know how the cost works out, but my headlights were converted to HID and they are fine for the amount of night riding I tend to do.  Might be easier to find HID than Sport headlights?  Not sure.  I was lucky and was able to buy the entire headlight housing converted already.  It's a bit of a chore to do, as I believe the housing has to be split apart and re-sealed.
Bill
2011 Tiger 1050 SE