Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: GR Moto Exhaust  (Read 728 times)

Offline Luddfooter

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike/Model: 2016 Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Halifax
GR Moto Exhaust
« on: 19 May, 2020, 06:28:27 AM »
Hi there everyone, I was wondering if anyone has fitted a GR Moto end can. Ive been looking at them on EBay and Ive got to say the looks, build quality and price are very tempting. Im just concerned about part throttle fuelling and torque loss. I fitted an SC Project end can to my 2013 Street Triple R and it ruined the fuelling and torque. Ended up having to go with the factory Arrow, although on that bike the end can standard & Arrow had a large collector box incorporated into the end can. As the Tiger doesnt Im hopeful an end can will be fine. Thoughts??

Offline gosling 1

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: '08 Orange Tiger
  • City / Town: Connecticut
Re: GR Moto Exhaust
« Reply #1 on: 19 May, 2020, 11:27:59 AM »
This question was asked a couple of years ago. Don't know if the OP actually purchased one? There were some question if the link pipe was included or not. Can you provide a link to the ad, the one in the previous thread is no longer working.

https://www.tiger1050.com/index.php/topic,38875.0.html
Larger than life and twice as ugly!

Offline gavuk

• Tiger Master
  • Ride when you can... Love life.. it's short....
  • Bike/Model: Z1000sx now!!
  • City / Town: cornwall
« Reply #2 on: 19 May, 2020, 12:02:48 PM »
Just realized I was the OP!

Didn't go down the GR Moto route. I found a 2nd hand bargain Delkevic with bump stop.

Lovely tone.

Sorry that doesn't help the GR question.

Offline Grumpy old man

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: 2019 Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Te Awamutu
« Reply #3 on: 19 May, 2020, 11:44:21 PM »
I have fitted an SC Project to both my now sold 2017 T/Sport and after the adaptation cycle it was way better than stock in torque and being quicker to spin up (maybe a placebo effect)

And I have fitted a new SC Project end can to my 2019 T/Sport and again no issues with loss of bottom end torque and it is very eager to get going

Both bikes I left the baffle piece in the muffler

You just have to do the adaptation cycle and your are good to go with the later sport models

My 19 model bike is a totally different beast to what my 17 model was but I did run it in differently (harder and faster) and as a result it seems more eager all round , the 17 was very torque heavy but was a bit flat over 7,000 rpm's even with the stock pipe

This was posted by Timbox  in another post regarding mufflers

Adaptation

1. Ensure the engine is cold.
2. WITHOUT TOUCHING THE THROTTLE, start the engine and allow it to warm up until
the cooling fan comes on.
3. Leave the engine to idle for a further 12 minutes.

Switch off using the KEY
this will reset the idle area of the ecu mapping

Riding will write a new map for the rest of the throttle circuit every 10 mins of riding BUT only turn the bike off using the KEY or it will not save the new map
« Last Edit: 19 May, 2020, 11:59:53 PM by Grumpy old man »

Offline Dieseldog

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: 2013 Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Billingham
« Reply #4 on: 21 May, 2020, 09:23:43 PM »
Just fitted Delkevic to my 2013 sport, very happy with it, will be doing a remap at the weekend.
Short sound clip here
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dxOWBJ02X5MA4dvOA4vwjwHWNUQYYdlK
The best engine in the world is the vagina.  It can be started with one finger.  It is self-lubricating.  It takes any size piston.  And it changes its own oil every four weeks.  It is only a pity that the management system is so temperamental

Offline Luddfooter

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #5 on: 22 May, 2020, 08:13:24 AM »
It definitely says it has a link pipe included now. Other option Im thinking of is a Remus Hexacone. Has anyone any thoughts on those?

Offline Luddfooter

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #6 on: 22 May, 2020, 09:16:58 AM »
Just been looking at the Delkavic Titanium X can, I really like the look of that. Seems a good price. Has anyone got one?

Online mustangpilot

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: 2020 Tiger Sport
« Reply #7 on: 22 May, 2020, 09:53:00 AM »
*Originally Posted by Grumpy old man [+]
I have fitted an SC Project to both my now sold 2017 T/Sport and after the adaptation cycle it was way better than stock in torque and being quicker to spin up (maybe a placebo effect)

And I have fitted a new SC Project end can to my 2019 T/Sport and again no issues with loss of bottom end torque and it is very eager to get going

Both bikes I left the baffle piece in the muffler

You just have to do the adaptation cycle and your are good to go with the later sport models

My 19 model bike is a totally different beast to what my 17 model was but I did run it in differently (harder and faster) and as a result it seems more eager all round , the 17 was very torque heavy but was a bit flat over 7,000 rpm's even with the stock pipe

This was posted by Timbox  in another post regarding mufflers

Adaptation

1. Ensure the engine is cold.
2. WITHOUT TOUCHING THE THROTTLE, start the engine and allow it to warm up until
the cooling fan comes on.
3. Leave the engine to idle for a further 12 minutes.

Switch off using the KEY
this will reset the idle area of the ecu mapping

Riding will write a new map for the rest of the throttle circuit every 10 mins of riding BUT only turn the bike off using the KEY or it will not save the new map

:460:
On my 2009 Tiger 1050 I had a OEM Arrow with Arrow map.
On my 2017 Tiger Sport first a SCPROJECT T08-H02C and later a REMUS Hexacone.
Currently  have a SCPROJECT SR1-R om my 2020 Tiger Sport.
All needed the 12 minute adaptation reset to run well.
Dbkillers were left in place.

« Last Edit: 22 May, 2020, 09:57:48 AM by mustangpilot »
Triumph centerstand, engine guards and heated grips, GIVI PLR6404 side rack, Givi DLM36 panniers, SR6404 topbox rack with M9B plate, Givi V47 and TRK52B topcases, Givi ST603 tanklock tankbag, Evotech radiator and oil cooler guard, ExtendaFenda, Pyramid hugger extension, Puig touring Screen with spoiler, Zumo 396 with Zumolock holder on RAM mount,  Osco chain oiler, SWMotech sidestand extension, CNC shorty clutch & brake levers, SCPROJECT SC1-R can

Online seangee

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • City / Town: Bracknell
« Reply #8 on: 22 May, 2020, 01:05:19 PM »
The stock end can on the 16 plus models is quite free flowing so there should not actually be any noticeable difference in performance if you leave the baffle in. Most of the noise reduction happens in the cats before it reaches the end pipe.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Offline Luddfooter

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #9 on: 22 May, 2020, 01:08:22 PM »
Thanks for the pictures of your SC Project, if you dont mind me asking, how much was the latest one you have fitted?