Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Original equipment topbox and panniers.  (Read 489 times)

Offline PaulRiquet

• Tiger Newbie
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050
Original equipment topbox and panniers.
« on: 15 May, 2020, 10:00:58 AM »
Hi, I am new to this forum so please bear with me if the topic has been covered before. I recently bought a 2007 Tiger 1050 (after some numpty reversed his coach over my 995). I got it for a good price and absolutely love it, apart from the worst headlights on any bike I've owned, however the "gentleman" who sold it told me that there was a rear rack in the top box, I was in a rush so piled all the bits into a car and didn't check until some days later, no rack. its fitted with original panniers and carriers and I've got the plastic plate for the topbox, its obviously had the rack fitted at some time as there are scuff marks on the underside of the grab rail. I've tried the SW Moto rack but it doesn't fit with the existing equipment and the plate wouldn't take the plastic fitting anyway. Nothing for sale on any of the usual sites so any ideas on where I can get a rack that would fit with the grab rail, someone said that the sliding carriage off a Sprint 1050 would fit but the part numbers are slightly different (TRIUMPH TIGER ST SLIDING CARRIAGE KIT A9508031 TRIUMPH SPRINT ST SLIDING CARRIAGE KIT A9508032) any help gratefully received. :183:

Offline gavuk

• Tiger Master
  • Ride when you can... Love life.. it's short....
  • Bike/Model: Z1000sx now!!
  • City / Town: cornwall
Re: Original equipment topbox and panniers.
« Reply #1 on: 15 May, 2020, 04:10:22 PM »
Hi I have recently sold my tiger after 5+ happy years but still pop in cause they are a friendly bunch.

Post an introduction and a photo of your beast.

If everything is standard there should be 4 bolt holes underneath the grab rail (behind the pillion seat) that links the pannier brackets together. On my former triumph they produce a link plate (I can't remember what triumph call it) and I attached a old givi top box via good old British bodging.

The more technically skilled members will be along with better answers.

Gav

Offline gavuk

• Tiger Master
« Reply #2 on: 15 May, 2020, 04:24:02 PM »
Me again

Part number A9500194 79.80 rack cast coat from W of  T. But not in stock.

I had this rack connected to my givi top box.

Gav

Offline Tigermike

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2010 Bk/Grey 1050SE
  • City / Town: Banbury
« Reply #3 on: 15 May, 2020, 05:42:46 PM »
 :405: PaulRiquet, as Gavuk says post up a photo of your new ride in the New members section.
 :031:
Yam RD125 DX, Kwak GPZ305, Honda CB400T, 1983 Kwak GT550, Suzuki GSF650 Bandit, Tiger 1050SE .... got there in the end.

Offline gavuk

• Tiger Master
« Reply #4 on: 15 May, 2020, 06:20:43 PM »
*Originally Posted by gavuk [+]
Me again

Part number A9500194 79.80 rack cast coat from W of  T. But not in stock.

I had this rack connected to my givi top box.

The photo is from the underside obviously but I simply used two strips of 3mm aluminium plate to offset the screws and bolted the givi plate to the triumph rack. It didn't slide but was solid and worked.

What bits of the sliding kit did you get with the bike (that you threw into the car)?

Gav

Offline PaulRiquet

• Tiger Newbie
« Reply #5 on: 18 May, 2020, 05:13:43 PM »
Thanks for all of the feedback and my apologies for the late reply, I am a key worker and my shifts are a bit long at the moment.
I think I am going to have to go down the route of "adapting" a rack from another bike, I have a day off at the end of the week so if I'm not asleep I will put up some photos of the bike.

Online tiggersteve

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 1050 now KTM 1290SAS
  • City / Town: doddington cambs
« Reply #6 on: 18 May, 2020, 05:26:58 PM »
Sounds like this is what you need, then buy the Givi adaptor plate

https://www.sw-motech-shop.co.uk/ALU-RACK-Black-Triumph-Sprint-ST-1050-Tiger-1050-SE

Offline Fourbears

• Tiger Pro
  • City / Town: Norwich
« Reply #7 on: 23 May, 2020, 09:24:28 PM »
*Originally Posted by tiggersteve [+]
Sounds like this is what you need, then buy the Givi adaptor plate

https://www.sw-motech-shop.co.uk/ALU-RACK-Black-Triumph-Sprint-ST-1050-Tiger-1050-SE
Thats what I've got on mine - works a treat but you may need the adapter plate from SW Motech.