Tiger 1050 - Main Discussion Section > Alarms, Immobilisers, and Security

Bike not starting, alarm / warning light on

(1/2) > >>

Harry:
Hi guys/girls,

Share you my just solved issue, some of you might have this problem too.

Early this year my TS 2014 came up with the alarm warning light when ignition is switched on, same as in this video: //www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1lQ9yjw5TcThis happened more often now and I tried to understand why this happens.
The chipped key must be read by an pickup-antenna that is in the top of the ignition lock. If the keychipcode is confirmed by the ECU, the immobiliser unit will release the system, being able to start the bike.
Before replacing the whole ignition lock (and every other lock to match the new keys), I took the ignition lock of the bike and checked it out to see what it looks like.
I found that the antena part is a separate item from the lock part, only the cable loom is shared.
Ik looked that the antenna cable was a bit knackered because it was it the position where  the (steering) lock pin comes out.
I also use an ohmmeter to check the resistance and it was around 10 ohms, but when i touched the bad point in the antenna cable the value changed a lot . So I cutted the cable open and found one of the 2 wires was broken. I repaired the wire, put some tape around and tied the cable up, so it won't happen again. It is still 10 ohms now and it remains so if I move the cable.

I have seen several posts about this and not all off them might have suffered from a cable issue but some surely did. I can remember sometime I could not get the lock in, although I was sure to have the handlebar in the right position. At thank point I was pressing the lockpin on the antennacable.

Will add some photo's I made off the repair. If you want to measure your antenna: it is the thin white and brown wire on the multi connector, should be 10 ohms.

Hope this will save you some agony and money

Harry

Timbox:
Good work mate, this could save some a few quid :028:

Kolodong:
Brilliant Thank you.  :020:

indytiger1050:
Should I add this to a sticky..

Sport guy and gals I need help on how and where to post this stuff.  LOOKING FOR SUGGESTIONS.

Timbox:
Originally Posted by indytiger1050 Should I add this to a sticky..

Sport guy and gals I need help on how and where to post this stuff.  LOOKING FOR SUGGESTIONS.

I think its worthy, probably a link under new sport in this section?  https://www.tiger1050.com/index.php/topic,16252.0.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version