Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Why not add an avatar to your profile ?

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: What type of alarm system is fitted  (Read 701 times)

Offline Joeh

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: 2017 tigersport
  • City / Town: Glasgow
What type of alarm system is fitted
« on: 01 April, 2020, 07:36:00 AM »
Hi folks
Quick question just bought a 2017 tiger sport and insurance is due in a couple of days, and what i need to know is what type of alarm system is fitted to these bikes .on turning of my bike a  i red light comes on in the dash and flashes occasionally, so any idea the exact model as the insurance form offers multiple choices  .ps the bike is data tagged and i can transfer registration to my self for 15, question again is it worth it as in will i save more on my insurance with it and do folk rate the data tag  system ie is it worth the bother cheers

Online Ukwes

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: 2016 Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Hastings
Re: What type of alarm system is fitted
« Reply #1 on: 01 April, 2020, 08:21:50 AM »
I pick factory fitted immobiliser and mine is Datatagged too
Other bikes: 2017 Speed Triple R, 2010 Street Triple R,  ZXR 400 race bike for track days and Fantic 250 Casa for green lanes, and a Yamaha TDR250 for investment fun

Online Ukwes

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: 2016 Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Hastings
« Reply #2 on: 01 April, 2020, 08:25:11 AM »
...and shop around, savings to be had even between the compare sites.
I think Go Compare are looking cheapest this year, last year it was Confused.com for me
Other bikes: 2017 Speed Triple R, 2010 Street Triple R,  ZXR 400 race bike for track days and Fantic 250 Casa for green lanes, and a Yamaha TDR250 for investment fun

Online Timbox

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Helga
  • City / Town: Newport
« Reply #3 on: 01 April, 2020, 12:03:15 PM »
Most TS's were Datatagged at the Dealer, but you'll need the paperwork to send off to get owner changed. Yeah, flashing light is purely to say Immobiliser is active and turns off after several hours or a day? Cant remember exact
Ex Sport owner now on KTM 1290 SAS

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport (2014)
« Reply #4 on: 01 April, 2020, 01:52:03 PM »
Flashing light is the immobiliser, you may not have an alarm at all. If you did, you'd have an extra key fob (Triumph or other).

Datatag transfer update well worth it I think. As long as people keep up their datatag info, it helps keep thefts of these bikes down. If you talk to the guys at a show, it's amazing what is datatagged around the world (e.g. some very expensive tractors and their parts).

Offline Joeh

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: 2017 tigersport
  • City / Town: Glasgow
« Reply #5 on: 01 April, 2020, 03:24:12 PM »
Thanks guys timbox so due to not having a fob of any sort i take it i have the standard triumph immobiliser which means no datatool alarm ,meaning my immobiliser is triumphs owm.?paulie thanks  for the advise will register as i have the information, hopefully discount will cover 15 cost.cheers

Online vela

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: tiger 1050
  • City / Town: newcastle
« Reply #6 on: 19 June, 2020, 01:57:56 PM »
so will a 58 plate tiger have a factory fitted immobiliser? after i had been & bought it i phoned them up and asked about security for my insurance also but they said nothing fitted :013:

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport (2014)
« Reply #7 on: 19 June, 2020, 06:02:39 PM »
*Originally Posted by vela [+]
so will a 58 plate tiger have a factory fitted immobiliser? after i had been & bought it i phoned them up and asked about security for my insurance also but they said nothing fitted :013:
Unfortunately not, only the Sports.
But if you're talking of an alarm system, they were an optional extra, and they did incorporate an immobiliser. Plus you'd know if you had one - would see it under the seat, plus the key fob.

Online Timbox

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Helga
  • City / Town: Newport
« Reply #8 on: 19 June, 2020, 06:51:47 PM »
My experience has been that the saving on insurance is minimal having an alarm system/immobiliser fitted. My other experience with 2 Triumph Datatool systems has been that the only person they stopped riding the bike was me
Ex Sport owner now on KTM 1290 SAS