Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Front Right Fork Leg (High Mileage Tigers)  (Read 670 times)

Offline Rhead

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 07
  • City / Town: Long Island, N.Y
Re: Front Right Fork Leg (High Mileage Tigers)
« Reply #10 on: 31 March, 2020, 05:56:25 PM »
my 07 had that issue. Noticed it before it got too bad. Used a ziptie to keep the cable off of it. No problem for the last 170k miles

Offline Timbox

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Helga
  • City / Town: Newport
« Reply #11 on: 31 March, 2020, 06:51:40 PM »
*Originally Posted by Rhead [+]
my 07 had that issue. Noticed it before it got too bad. Used a ziptie to keep the cable off of it. No problem for the last 170k miles

Get the F... out,  :008:  170k miles,  how did I miss this, Its not a Triggers Broom job though is it. 2 Frames, 3 engines etc
Ex Sport owner now on KTM 1290 SAS

Offline indytiger1050

• Tiger Supporter
  • Supreme Tiger
  • Bike/Model: 79 Honda 750L
  • City / Town: Indianapolis
« Reply #12 on: 31 March, 2020, 10:22:48 PM »
*Originally Posted by Timbox [+]
Never seen this before, but I do recall a Tech Bulletin coming out for the Sports to check on clutch cable routing, but from my bad memory think that was more to do with it contacting the steering lock/switch?
  Do remember something a LONG while back.   

So nice to see you brother.    You shame me with the number of miles you put on compared to mine. 

Doing a complete bike checkout.. NOTHING, should be able to rub on ANYTHING else.   Remember a post like this a long while back ALSO remember the same cable hitting the radiator and doing the same.
Vibrations WILL tear up your stuff.   Hardest material win's and in some cases more than one item lost the vibration battle.
Others include the main wiring harness being to tight on the right side of the frame.

If you look at this post,, then refer to post 5,,, that goes back to 2008..   SO history repeats itself. 

https://www.tiger1050.com/index.php/topic,29973.10.html
Support the forum.   :031:

Online Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
« Reply #13 on: 01 April, 2020, 12:33:49 PM »
Mine is fine with steering in middle but on full r/h lock the fork leg squashes up against all the cables & wiring, I see no way of avoiding that.

I can't get my camera to take a pic down there with it on full lock. Flash problem.
The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions.
Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Nick.k

• Tiger Newbie
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: Bolton
« Reply #14 on: 01 April, 2020, 01:45:44 PM »
Mine 's the same o8 50,000. Just turned the leg around and forgot about it.
More frightening was the the rear brake hose cutting into the side wall of rear tyre, only discovered when miles from anywhere in spain ( took the rest of the trip a bit gentile)
08 tiger, 58 tiger, g80, kz400, firestorm.

Offline Rhead

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 07
  • City / Town: Long Island, N.Y
« Reply #15 on: 01 April, 2020, 05:49:49 PM »
170k miles since noticing the cable rubbing. Over 180k miles in total. Still dont have to add any oil between changes. If I didnt have family health issues, it would be over 230k.  :031:

Offline Timbox

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Helga
  • City / Town: Newport
« Reply #16 on: 01 April, 2020, 06:18:20 PM »
170k miles since noticing the cable rubbing. Over 180k miles in total. Still dont have to add any oil between changes. If I didnt have family health issues, it would be over 230k.  :031:

Good job, brilliant
Ex Sport owner now on KTM 1290 SAS

Offline sax_000

• Tiger Pro
  • City / Town: Sydney
« Reply #17 on: 01 April, 2020, 10:31:04 PM »
G'day all,

I had this problem on my '07 which came with the original "long" clutch cable and it was a real problem when I replaced the godawfull chrome apehanger bars with something lower, straighter, and narrower.  I ended-up replacing the original clutch cable with a 1050 Speed Triple cable which worked perfectly.  On my current '12 SE I've replaced the original ridiculously wide bars with the same bars I used on my '07 (they are Yamaha XJ1200 bars with about 20mm chopped off each end) and fitted a new SlinkyGlide (from Wemoto) 1050 S3 cable. Perfect fit!

Seeya

Saxo