Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Why not add an avatar to your profile ?

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Roly Poly Donut Bikers Ignoring Lockdown  (Read 2304 times)

Offline Timbox

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Helga
  • City / Town: Newport
Re: Roly Poly Donut Bikers Ignoring Lockdown
« Reply #30 on: 05 April, 2020, 10:35:59 AM »
Well, I thought the  Gov was talking to some deaf ears, and they are, a group of 5 Off-road bikes has just gone hairing up the road outside my place, and fu.. they were loud. C...!!., C..!!., C...!!, I'd shoot em :013:
Ex Sport owner now on KTM 1290 SAS

Offline Tigermike

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2010 Bk/Grey 1050SE
  • City / Town: Banbury
« Reply #31 on: 05 April, 2020, 11:15:59 AM »
 Yes, there's a lot of deaf ears out there, mate who lives in West Wycombe village text me to say a group of 5 or 6 bikes went past his house about 10 am  :232:
The  :725: will be out looking for knobhids like these on a lovely day like today, just hope none of the ignorant fekkas have an accident and have to be carted off by the overstretched NHS :184:
Yam RD125 DX, Kwak GPZ305, Honda CB400T, 1983 Kwak GT550, Suzuki GSF650 Bandit, Tiger 1050SE .... got there in the end.

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport (2014)
« Reply #32 on: 05 April, 2020, 11:52:07 AM »
They were probably going out to sunbathe, which has also been banned apparently!  :087:

Offline Tigermike

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2010 Bk/Grey 1050SE
  • City / Town: Banbury
« Reply #33 on: 05 April, 2020, 12:16:48 PM »
*Originally Posted by Paullie [+]
They were probably going out to sunbathe, which has also been banned apparently!  :087:
Hmmm... maybe.
Im in the garage fitting some new aux lights and just seen 4 bikers go past on the oxford road .. but cop car going the other way has just done a u turn and headed off after them .. i feel some fines coming on... bluddy ejits..
Have only seen 1 or 2 other bikes this morning, road outside is normally buzzing with bikers on a Sunday so at least most are being sensible 👍
Yam RD125 DX, Kwak GPZ305, Honda CB400T, 1983 Kwak GT550, Suzuki GSF650 Bandit, Tiger 1050SE .... got there in the end.

Offline Kevmax

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: Triumph Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: Nenagh
« Reply #34 on: 05 April, 2020, 04:29:51 PM »
It has been said to me on numerous occasions. When you go to do anything anywhere, dont bring a fool with you. There will always be one there already. There everywhere. 🤣

Offline Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
« Reply #35 on: 05 April, 2020, 04:57:42 PM »
Me, bit of painting in me garage toilet to spruce it up & pass the time. Missus doing the garden. We're coping quite well, up to now. Noseying out the window at whatever's going on. Spinning all the jobs out best we can. Anything to stop me tinkering with me bike, nowt wrong with it, leave it alone or make a fecka of it.  :008:

Usually a lot of bikes pass my house on a Sunday. Today there was two, one boy with a rucksack on, the other a knob on an off-roader came past 6 or 7 times. No horse riders out today, usually up & down all day. Not too many cars, couple full out for the day.

Never seen as many people out walking & cycling past here, likely folk who'd go out in cars normally.

Northerners behaving mostly eh.  :047: :047: :047:

The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions.
Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport (2014)
« Reply #36 on: 05 April, 2020, 05:27:56 PM »
Got a bit of exercise on me (push)bike today - necessary, as I'm starting to get fat. Saw a dead deer by the side of the road on Oxford's northern bypass, road kill I guess. The pidgeons also noticeably slower to get out of your way. Wildlife is getting bolder with the lack of traffic, sometimes fatally so.

Clearly a lot of people out on bicycles who aren't used to it. Most not wearing helmets or gloves - that's usually how you tell. Anyone who's had even a minor off on a pushbike knows these things are essential, gloves perhaps the most of all.

Later on met a woman carting her shopping home on a mule - now that's the way to go to the supermarket. Never seen that before - before you know it we'll be back in the middle ages! Can you run our bikes on chicken manure .... ?

« Last Edit: 05 April, 2020, 05:30:36 PM by Paullie »

Offline seangee

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2016 Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Bracknell
« Reply #37 on: 05 April, 2020, 05:37:27 PM »
*Originally Posted by Paullie [+]
Got a bit of exercise on me (push)bike today - necessary, as I'm starting to get fat. Saw a dead deer by the side of the road on Oxford's northern bypass, road kill I guess. The pidgeons also noticeably slower to get out of your way. Wildlife is getting bolder with the lack of traffic, sometimes fatally so.

Clearly a lot of people out on bicycles who aren't used to it. Most not wearing helmets or gloves - that's usually how you tell. Anyone who's had even a minor off on a pushbike knows these things are essential, gloves perhaps the most of all.

Later on met a woman carting her shopping home on a mule - now that's the way to go to the supermarket. Never seen that before - before you know it we'll be back in the middle ages! Can you run our bikes on chicken manure .... ?
Agree on the gloves. I don't always wear a helmet, especially if its hot. Never ever carry a helmet though. Reckon you'd feel a right twit if you did fall off and had an unused helmet in your bag.

Saw an interesting study a few years ago that cagers get closer to cyclists if they have all the cycling gear, which includes lycra and garish shirts. Apparantly they assume you know what you are doing if you look like a proper cyclist and go much closer. So I try to avoid looking like one  :008:
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Offline Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
« Reply #38 on: 05 April, 2020, 07:01:41 PM »
Couldn't be more locked down than being in Stoke Mandeville paralysed could ya.

Just had word from a mate who visited our chum in there who crashed last August on our Sweden/Denmark trip, he said two boys got moved out of his ward with Corona virus. He didn't say in a box. Probably the boys in this link.

https://www.bucksherald.co.uk/health/coronavirus/two-patients-die-coronavirus-stoke-mandeville-hospital-aylesbury-2501531
Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
« Reply #39 on: 05 April, 2020, 10:19:27 PM »
*Originally Posted by Paul2bikes [+]
Couldn't be more locked down than being in Stoke Mandeville paralysed could ya.

Just had word from a mate who visited Phoned our chum in there who crashed last August on our Sweden/Denmark trip, he said two boys got moved out of his ward with Corona virus. He didn't say in a box. Probably the boys in this link.

https://www.bucksherald.co.uk/health/coronavirus/two-patients-die-coronavirus-stoke-mandeville-hospital-aylesbury-2501531

Just spotted the deliberate mistake, he phoned not visited, had no visiting for 3 weeks, poor boy must be proper pissed off. Wife & son have to phone to talk to him.
Leonardo da Vinci