Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Why not add an avatar to your profile ?

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Roly Poly Donut Bikers Ignoring Lockdown  (Read 2384 times)

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport (2014)
Re: Roly Poly Donut Bikers Ignoring Lockdown
« Reply #10 on: 31 March, 2020, 12:29:53 AM »
So Winger, I reckon an apology to P2B is in order. I can guarantee he looks nothing like your 90 year old mother ... (or my 99 year old father for that matter). He was making a valid point about the uselessness of that crap Murdoch rag the Sun (which has a great reputation for picking on people and ignoring the inconvenient truth).

Offline Winger

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 955
  • City / Town: Birmingham
« Reply #11 on: 31 March, 2020, 08:22:03 AM »
*Originally Posted by Paullie [+]
So Winger, I reckon an apology to P2B is in order. I can guarantee he looks nothing like your 90 year old mother ... (or my 99 year old father for that matter). He was making a valid point about the uselessness of that crap Murdoch rag the Sun (which has a great reputation for picking on people and ignoring the inconvenient truth).

Oh really!!! You might think it may think to hi light the stupidity that weekend by the Sun was useless but I most certainly did/do not people in the country clearly do not know the difference between right and wrong,and because their were lots of them doesnt make it right.

Having just had a phone call saying a close relative has died in the early hours of Corona and the caller was family who is also a nurse gave me a quote that is way too controversial too post but all those idiots rubbing shoulders a week ago hopefully will live to regret it.

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
« Reply #12 on: 31 March, 2020, 01:47:12 PM »
*Originally Posted by Winger [+]
Oh really!!! You might think it may think to hi light the stupidity that weekend by the Sun was useless but I most certainly did/do not people in the country clearly do not know the difference between right and wrong,and because their were lots of them doesnt make it right.

Having just had a phone call saying a close relative has died in the early hours of Corona and the caller was family who is also a nurse gave me a quote that is way too controversial too post but all those idiots rubbing shoulders a week ago hopefully will live to regret it.
I think you're missing the point. You're not the only one with elderly relatives. And no-one is saying what these guys did was right. But Paul's original point was that this happened when the lockdown was just starting, and that a group of bikers in Wales were an easy target for the Sun's readers, when there were as many if not more people out in cars in the Peak district, also totally thoughtless about other people's welfare.

So climb off your high horse, and don't try and make excuses by defending the Sun. Of all the UK press that you could try and defend, that rag has to be the least deserving.

Offline Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
« Reply #13 on: 31 March, 2020, 02:17:08 PM »
People are scared, some more scared than others, it's making them angry, abusive & some quite vindictive towards others. Venting their anger from fear of the unknown. Human nature I suppose, some suffer fear worse than others.

My wife & I are more worried about our children & grandchildren than for ourselves. Our daughter who works in the NHS was sent home after losing sense of taste & smell. Then all the family had to isolate for 7 days, luckily it got no worse & she's back at work today. She wasn't tested.

Boris came down harsh on unnecessary travel, not because of a few bikers stopping for a brew in Llandovery, thousands of townies flocked to the Peak District from South Manchester & the midlands like a metallic snake of cars from 10am heading in & the same heading out at 4pm like homing pigeons. Now they've spoilt it for everybody.
The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions.
Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Ukwes

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: 2016 Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Hastings
« Reply #14 on: 31 March, 2020, 04:00:35 PM »
Unfortunately, even the current lockdown doesn't appear to apply to everyone.

I walk most lunchtimes from my house, and there are cars driving past with:
more than one occupant
bicycles on racks
rotavators in trailers
dogs in cars

People do not understand or flaunt the instruction that says your allowed to exercise for up to an hour ... by walking or cycling from your front door.  Not driving to a nice location or meeting mates to go for a walk etc.

As usual there are a number of people that think laws, and government directives can be ignored.
Other bikes: 2017 Speed Triple R, 2010 Street Triple R,  ZXR 400 race bike for track days and Fantic 250 Casa for green lanes, and a Yamaha TDR250 for investment fun

Offline Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
« Reply #15 on: 31 March, 2020, 04:19:37 PM »
Yes, ^^^^ same here + a lot out horse riding at w/e.
The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions.
Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Sam Platt

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport 2018
  • City / Town: Morecambe
« Reply #16 on: 31 March, 2020, 04:30:56 PM »
I had a ride out to take supplies to my 84 year old dad today, he lives in a village very near Devil's Bridge. I didn't see another motorbike but passed lots of push bikes, some in pairs. The farmers are very active spreading mud all over the roads as well

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
« Reply #17 on: 31 March, 2020, 04:38:10 PM »
It's true that there are people who don't seem to follow the recommendations, I see them locally where i am in the SE. But it's difficult to know what to do about them - they'll usually have an excuse of some kind. And the police don't want to come down hard because they know they enjoy widespread support, and the longer this goes on then the more important that may be.

And that's because we live in a country where personal freedoms are still considered important (despite the disadvantages that brings at a time like this). It's simpler in Belgium, where the police can just stop you and ask to see your ID for no reason. Now they can ask where you're going, and if not satisfied with your answer can fine you 250 euros on the spot, and double that for a second offence. But even then, in my experience, they can usually be reasoned with if you have a genuine need.

But it should be getting clearer for everyone now. The recommendations have become police emergency powers, and the saturation advertising from the gov on TV, radio and the internet mean no-one can claim ignorance of the requirements.

It's very tough i know, more so if you live in a tiny flat compared to a house with a garden. Never has there been a better reason for planners to force developers to build with more green space around. I just hope that if we all behave and stay low, we'll reach the peak sooner than expected, and so be able to return to something like normality as soon as possible.

With all the damage being done to the economy though, I wonder if we'll ever return to the same world that existed before. I'm really afraid that we won't!

Offline Ukwes

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: 2016 Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Hastings
« Reply #18 on: 31 March, 2020, 05:12:10 PM »
I wonder if we'll ever return to the same world that existed before. I'm really afraid that we won't!

This could be good as it could bad
The good is that businesses wake up that remote working works,
saves money on office space,
saves travel hotel expenses,
saves carbon footprint,
more work can get done,
more efficient,
better work/life balance

Our company was looking (still is hopefully...) implementing a 4 day week in the near future.  This has been working for some years in companies in NZ and Aus and has been proven to be effective.
Other bikes: 2017 Speed Triple R, 2010 Street Triple R,  ZXR 400 race bike for track days and Fantic 250 Casa for green lanes, and a Yamaha TDR250 for investment fun

Offline Winger

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 955
  • City / Town: Birmingham
« Reply #19 on: 01 April, 2020, 04:57:04 PM »
May as well put it up here for anyone else in the same situation.

Had a relative die yesterday of Carona,funeral details 5 persons max to attend,no Hearse or funeral car or flowers or anything else turned up in your own car at the crematorium hell be there already so you can say goodbye no service thats it.