Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Why not add an avatar to your profile ?

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Crash bars  (Read 292 times)

Offline Joeh

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: 2017 tigersport
  • City / Town: Glasgow
Crash bars
« on: 29 March, 2020, 09:43:32 AM »
Looking for some advice on protection bars for 2017 tiger sport,
Main criteria is preventing damage when tiping over in garage you know usual daft stuff.would prefer some type of bar which doesn't make the bike look like a learners school bike .saw a photo of hepco & becker bar which did look quite tidy and unobtrusive any ideas .
Thanks .

Offline seangee

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2016 Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Bracknell
Re: Crash bars
« Reply #1 on: 29 March, 2020, 10:01:06 AM »
I like the Triumph one (if you have to have one). We have had a few rounds of World of Triumph dumping old stock at bargain prices. The old stock is identical to the new stock but has a different part no  :087:. May be worth hanging on for a couple of months to see if they do it again. Thankfully I cannot confirm from experience that they do the job - but there are a few on here who can  :164:

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Offline Joeh

• Tiger Member
« Reply #2 on: 29 March, 2020, 10:18:54 AM »
Thanks for that seangee was just looking for something which protects tank and casings , sw motec looked substantial but my god some amount of pipework going on .the type you recommend dont look to bulky in comparison and if waiting saves some money well happy days .in the present climate doesn't look as if we're going anywhere soon sadly  :232:

Online Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
« Reply #3 on: 29 March, 2020, 10:26:53 AM »
Yes, agree with Sean, I have the Triumph engine bars fitted from new, I dropped it a standstill once on a bad camber with a short leg, it saved any damage to the rest of the bike.
The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions.
Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Joeh

• Tiger Member
« Reply #4 on: 29 March, 2020, 10:59:39 AM »
Thanks for that will keep an eye on any deals for the triumph bars ,dont think there is giong to be any rush they are saying possibly june  :005:

Offline Tigermike

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2010 Bk/Grey 1050SE
  • City / Town: Banbury
« Reply #5 on: 29 March, 2020, 11:44:11 AM »
 Some of the guys on here have fitted the givI engine bars which protect the engine cases both sides
http://www.modulemoto.co.uk/givi-engine-guards/givi-tn6404-triumph-tiger-sport-1050-13-15-engine-guards.html
Or Heed bars, getting the fairings off around the tank are tricky with these though.
https://heedshop.eu/en_US/p/Crash-bars-for-Triumph-Tiger-Sport-1050/154

Both are for the 13 to 15 sport so should fit the current model  :031:
« Last Edit: 29 March, 2020, 11:54:59 AM by Tigermike »
Yam RD125 DX, Kwak GPZ305, Honda CB400T, 1983 Kwak GT550, Suzuki GSF650 Bandit, Tiger 1050SE .... got there in the end.