Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Flat battery  (Read 916 times)

Offline Hamilton

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050 se
  • City / Town: BRISTOL
Re: Flat battery
« Reply #10 on: 29 March, 2020, 08:10:38 PM »
It's a great price , but I will wait till this is over , I might catch it and die , or this cough I have had for the last 3 weeks might have been it.

Offline tiggersteve

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 1050 now KTM 1290SAS
  • City / Town: doddington cambs
« Reply #11 on: 29 March, 2020, 08:57:40 PM »
 :0461:
Wait, could be sitting around for 6 months !

Offline varnerju

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: 2008 1050 ABS
  • City / Town: Holland, MI
« Reply #12 on: 31 March, 2020, 02:20:01 PM »
*Originally Posted by indytiger1050 [+]
Go big... Nothing less than a 14  series... My last was a 19.  Nice CCA to spin over like a champ.
I haven't gotten the bike out of the cold mothballs yet, but I was preparing myself to buy yet another battery. It has only been two years, but ran it fully flat when the rectifier fried itself on a long trip, so I'm not too upset that it only lasted this long, though honestly I haven't fully made the decision yet, it was just hard to start those last couple of cold days before putting it away. But a 19 series? That is the first I've heard of that (sure, my fault for not following here closely) but I went and checked the stickies and don't see it mentioned there. Coincidentally did find the starter relay in that rabbit hole, might proactively just do that too, but what 19 series will work? What other considerations are there? Seems there must be more to it than just the physical dimensions, like recharge rate and all of that.

Offline indytiger1050

• Tiger Supporter
  • Supreme Tiger
  • Bike/Model: 79 Honda 750L
  • City / Town: Indianapolis
« Reply #13 on: 31 March, 2020, 04:24:53 PM »
*Originally Posted by varnerju [+]
I haven't gotten the bike out of the cold mothballs yet, but I was preparing myself to buy yet another battery. It has only been two years, but ran it fully flat when the rectifier fried itself on a long trip, so I'm not too upset that it only lasted this long, though honestly I haven't fully made the decision yet, it was just hard to start those last couple of cold days before putting it away. But a 19 series? That is the first I've heard of that (sure, my fault for not following here closely) but I went and checked the stickies and don't see it mentioned there. Coincidentally did find the starter relay in that rabbit hole, might proactively just do that too, but what 19 series will work? What other considerations are there? Seems there must be more to it than just the physical dimensions, like recharge rate and all of that.
   When I bought my first Shorai they said a 12 series, considering how much smaller they were from stoock went with a 18.. 
7 years later it gave up.. talked with Shorai and they said this..   https://shoraipower.com/battery?type=175&make=382089&model=382094&year=382094

Note the pic's of my old and new and close look at the CCA ratings.

Support the forum.   :031:

Offline Hamilton

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050 se
  • City / Town: BRISTOL
« Reply #14 on: 14 April, 2020, 07:48:00 PM »
*Originally Posted by Paul2bikes [+]
This is the favoured battery for your model.

https://www.tayna.co.uk/motorcycle-batteries/yuasa/ytz14s/
Ordered and fitted new battery , thanks for the recommendation.

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport (2014)
« Reply #15 on: 15 April, 2020, 11:14:40 AM »
BTW, I see that for the Sport the Tayna offering is a Lithium Ion battery. I'd be a bit wary of these - from experience with mobile phones, etc, these batteries seem to suffer unless they're kept at or close to fully charged throughout their life!