Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Why not add an avatar to your profile ?

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Hello All from Sanford NC  (Read 578 times)

Offline varnerju

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: 2008 1050 ABS
  • City / Town: Holland, MI
Re: Hello All from Sanford NC
« Reply #20 on: 25 March, 2020, 10:25:45 PM »
*Originally Posted by indytiger1050 [+]
You are GOING to die.  The question becomes, how well you lived. How well you loved and are loved. 

Sobering words in sobering times. For my $0.02, I will always be indebted to you for your kindness and helpfulness during the 2015 motoGP trip. Honestly to drop everything and help a stranger like that. Truly awesome! Thank you!

Online indytiger1050

• Tiger Supporter
  • Supreme Tiger
  • Bike/Model: 79 Honda 750L
  • City / Town: Indianapolis
« Reply #21 on: 26 March, 2020, 02:21:01 AM »
*Originally Posted by varnerju [+]
Sobering words in sobering times. For my $0.02, I will always be indebted to you for your kindness and helpfulness during the 2015 motoGP trip. Honestly to drop everything and help a stranger like that. Truly awesome! Thank you!
  My pleasure Justin, I have always been happy to help when I can to anyone who needs it. 

Do unto others as you would have them do unto YOU.  My home, garage and even oil senders are available to those in need. OH, not to mention my home.

There is always a room open to  ANYONE who needs it.  I may not have much, but I will always be happy to share what I do have. 

Best wishes sir to you, your wife and children who also welcomed me and David into your home. God bless you and your father.
Support the forum.   :031:

Offline toopytiger

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: '08 Blue
  • City / Town: Perth
« Reply #22 on: 26 March, 2020, 03:00:07 AM »
*Originally Posted by Tigermike [+]
All the best indy, hope you feel better soon 🍻

:460: +1 from me

if you ever leave the forum they might as well shut the whole thing down!  Wouldn't be the same without Indytiger

Bike looks beautiful. What's her mileage now?
Triumph Centrestand & 3 box panniers.  TOR, dogbone out, Arrow race tune.  GIPro gear indicator.  SWMotech light mount with 3500 Komys.  SWMotech chainguard. Nitron R1.  Hand me down pointy indicators off son's Street Triple.

Online indytiger1050

• Tiger Supporter
  • Supreme Tiger
  • Bike/Model: 79 Honda 750L
  • City / Town: Indianapolis
« Reply #23 on: 26 March, 2020, 04:22:29 AM »
*Originally Posted by toopytiger [+]
:460: +1 from me

if you ever leave the forum they might as well shut the whole thing down!  Wouldn't be the same without Indytiger

Bike looks beautiful. What's her mileage now?
I'll let Stefan answer but I would guess less than 17k miles. Most being highway.  In the last  4 years I think it was less than 1k.   Once I started track riding street riding without a partner didn't interest me. Believe it or not 150mph on the track bothered me less than 50 mph on the street with nuts playing with their  phones.   
It's not the SPEED it's the SUDDEN stops that hurts. 

Thanks toopytiger, I love the forum and the others who make it great. While I breathing I will be here with or without my bike.  You don't leave family when one moves out, in my case it went to a great home.
I was reminded   You trusted me with  your daughter, you can trust me with your bike.   Amen.
« Last Edit: 26 March, 2020, 04:24:16 AM by indytiger1050 »
Support the forum.   :031:

Offline toopytiger

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: '08 Blue
  • City / Town: Perth
« Reply #24 on: 26 March, 2020, 05:47:52 AM »
 :031:
Triumph Centrestand & 3 box panniers.  TOR, dogbone out, Arrow race tune.  GIPro gear indicator.  SWMotech light mount with 3500 Komys.  SWMotech chainguard. Nitron R1.  Hand me down pointy indicators off son's Street Triple.

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport (2014)
« Reply #25 on: 26 March, 2020, 01:33:03 PM »
*Originally Posted by indytiger1050 [+]
My pleasure Justin, I have always been happy to help when I can to anyone who needs it.  .....
.... Do unto others as you would have them do unto YOU. ....

An old Yorkshire saying also. Good luck to you Indie, i also won't forget your wise words to me when I first joined.  :028:  Keep checking in please.

Offline RoadToaster

• Tiger Newbie
  • Hey Yall!!
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: Sanford NC
« Reply #26 on: 26 March, 2020, 01:38:41 PM »
Bike has 16,7## ish miles will be 17,000 by end of the week.  Man I didn't realize how much I missed riding till the other day on the way home and got caught in a brief shower, laughing the whole time.  Thanks papa Indy for the gear rain never felt so good until I got cold.  pull in the drive way and was greeted by my oldest child with a towel, of course I wipe the bike off first cluster, seat, etc all the important bits, then my self.   :152: :031:
RoadToaster "Smag-a-nator"
Simple living in south, bring on the curves!!

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport (2014)
« Reply #27 on: 26 March, 2020, 01:41:31 PM »
You're lucky. We can't in all honesty go out here. Unless you live riding distance from the nearest supermarket .....

Offline ZuluTiger

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • City / Town: Suwanee
« Reply #28 on: 26 March, 2020, 01:42:56 PM »
Hey Mark, I' sure you know how I feel about you and your contribution to this forum and our lives in general. You're always a logical mind in a storm that bends back and forth and needs a steady (and brilliant) hand to keep the rudder centered. It sucks to grow old as I can attest and your philosophy is well taken in a time when more of us might have to pay attention far sooner than we thought. Let's hope that you can fire off a lot more gems in the years ahead since there is no chance of the cosmos minting another Supremo even close to your stature!

Offline RoadToaster

• Tiger Newbie
  • Hey Yall!!
  • City / Town: Sanford NC
« Reply #29 on: 26 March, 2020, 02:06:45 PM »
*Originally Posted by Paullie [+]
You're lucky. We can't in all honesty go out here. Unless you live riding distance from the nearest supermarket .....

Unfortunately or fortunately my job is consider "essential" so I have to go to work.  My company is a OEM primary supplier to a larger number of food/feed processing companies.  Though we are planning on working from home starting Monday but not sure how well that will work. Limited access to the server is not going to go well transferring and accessing large CAD files.  So I am enjoying the limited traffic and cheap gas prices.   Stay safe everyone.
RoadToaster "Smag-a-nator"
Simple living in south, bring on the curves!!