Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: New Euro 5 Tiger Sport  (Read 9335 times)

Offline Mike_B

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Tonbridge
Re: New Euro 5 Tiger Sport
« Reply #120 on: 09 August, 2020, 04:21:20 PM »
*Originally Posted by Sam Platt [+]
Maybe a sign that the end of the line of the present 1050 TS  is imminent , Youles of Blackburn are selling new ones at 9499. Whether other dealers will follow and what effect this may have on part ex prices obviously remains to be seen.

How does it work with bikes in showrooms?  Do dealers have to actually purchase from Triumph before getting them to the showroom, or are they obtained on a credit facility, with the balance paid when sold?

Just wondering whether it may simply be the dealer shifting what hes already got as fast as possible, having missed the entire spring and early summer peak season.  Bills need paying, after all.

Offline tiggersteve

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: now bikeless
  • City / Town: doddington cambs
« Reply #121 on: 09 August, 2020, 04:57:44 PM »
*Originally Posted by Mike_B [+]
How does it work with bikes in showrooms?  Do dealers have to actually purchase from Triumph before getting them to the showroom, or are they obtained on a credit facility, with the balance paid when sold?

Just wondering whether it may simply be the dealer shifting what hes already got as fast as possible, having missed the entire spring and early summer peak season.  Bills need paying, after all.

I know from years back the dealers have to purchase the bikes up front, in fact a couple of years ago I went to demo an EXP which embarrassingly had an engine issue and was being sorted under warranty as the dealer had purchased the bike which was covered under warranty which was why they wouldn't just put another bike on demo, imo Triumph are not too helpfull to their dealers

Offline Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
« Reply #122 on: 09 August, 2020, 05:28:58 PM »
Some dealers buy stock on credit, others pay cash so when not paying interest on loans, can offer a better deal. There is some old stock kicking about, getting discounted. A chum was in the finance game.
Also: '16 Tiger 800, '95 Yamaha Serow, '58 Ariel FH.

Offline Foxes

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike/Model: Tiger sport 17
  • City / Town: Auckland
« Reply #123 on: 09 August, 2020, 08:02:29 PM »
When i did the factory tour at Xmas, it was mentioned then that all bikes are pre-sold to dealers, so they build bikes to order.

Offline Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
« Reply #124 on: 09 August, 2020, 08:13:27 PM »
*Originally Posted by Foxes [+]
When i did the factory tour at Xmas, it was mentioned then that all bikes are pre-sold to dealers, so they build bikes to order.

That's right, they always have done.

Offline mustangpilot

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: 2020 Tiger Sport
« Reply #125 on: 09 August, 2020, 08:18:53 PM »
Of topic....   :451:  but 2 days back I received a message that all factory tours have been cancelled until end of October. Mine was planned September 9th  :232:
But  :037: made a new reservation for June 2021 hoping to witness the birth of the 1160 Tiger Sport  :169:
« Last Edit: 09 August, 2020, 08:31:09 PM by mustangpilot »
Triumph centerstand, engine guards & heated grips, GIVI PLR6404 side rack, DLM36 panniers, SR6404 topbox rack with M9B plate, V47N/TRK52B topcases, ST603/602 tanklock tankbags, EVOTECH radiator & oil cooler guards, ExtendaFenda, Pyramid hugger extension, Puig touring Screen with spoiler, Zumo 396 with Zumolock holder on RAM mount,  Osco chainoiler, SWMotech sidestand extension, CNC shorty clutch & brake levers, SCPROJECT SC1-R can, Lust Racing 25mm lowering plates, KOSO Mini 3 volt/temp/time

Offline tiggersteve

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: now bikeless
  • City / Town: doddington cambs
« Reply #126 on: 09 August, 2020, 09:02:30 PM »
*Originally Posted by mustangpilot [+]
Of topic....   :451:  but 2 days back I received a message that all factory tours have been cancelled until end of October. Mine was planned September 9th  :232:
But  :037: made a new reservation for June 2021 hoping to witness the birth of the 1160 Tiger Sport  :169:

If they're still building bikes there then  :164:

All production is moving outside the UK to Thailand,
Uk will be design development of new models and will only build "TFC" versions

Offline Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
« Reply #127 on: 09 August, 2020, 09:23:30 PM »
*Originally Posted by tiggersteve [+]
If they're still building bikes there then  :164:

All production is moving outside the UK to Thailand,
Uk will be design development of new models and will only build "TFC" versions

I went on factory tours in Aug '18 & Mar '19, never saw any bikes being built, there was one on the production line. Machinery was running on camshafts & cranks. Wasn't many people to be seen. Saw loads of smashed up Bonnies, road testing by over enthusiastic journo's.
Went back in 2000, it was busy then.