Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Why not add an avatar to your profile ?

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: New Euro 5 Tiger Sport  (Read 7525 times)

Offline tiggersteve

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: now bikeless
  • City / Town: doddington cambs
Re: New Euro 5 Tiger Sport
« Reply #110 on: 11 July, 2020, 08:16:02 PM »
*Originally Posted by Winger [+]
Ill be intrigued to see what Triumph turn up with if anything!!!,with the Steamer in the early 90s,the 885i in the late 90s(I had two) the 955 which I fitted 17 wheels on mine 7 years before Triumph did,and then the 1050 model and Triumph have been completely AWOL ever since.

The problem Triumph have the game has moved on by some margin,yea sure my old 955 with Dymags/Ohlins/Full Floating Beringers and a 5 gallon tank!!!can still do a turn,but compared the X/R and 1290GT parked next too it from another era.

Funny how you mention the XR and 1290 GT and not the 1290S which would be a closer comparo altho the same outcome  :008:

I do wonder if the Sport is just going to die a quiet death ??? sales must be fairly average for them to have forgotten it which seems to be the case,
we have to remember Triumph is a relatively small manufacture and can't afford to get things wrong which they generally don't do anyway,
however with Sport bike sales dropping and the older rider not able to bend as well as they used to the adv Sport market is growing (the multi being Ducati's biggest seller)
the XR can't be far behind the  :180: GS's

Offline Winger

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 955
  • City / Town: Birmingham
« Reply #111 on: 11 July, 2020, 08:33:46 PM »
Didnt mention the 1290s because I dont own one I do the other two hence why they are parked next to my Tiger  :002:

Honestly I think Triumph have tried too be All things to All People, instead of sticking to what they were good at,but yes their a relative new small company and its a learning process, its why the like of Timbox and myself waited for Triumph to come up with something,and when they didnt bought other stuff,

Offline tiggersteve

• Tiger God
« Reply #112 on: 11 July, 2020, 09:16:08 PM »
*Originally Posted by Winger [+]
Didnt mention the 1290s because I dont own one I do the other two hence why they are parked next to my Tiger  :002:

Honestly I think Triumph have tried too be All things to All People, instead of sticking to what they were good at,but yes their a relative new small company and its a learning process, its why the like of Timbox and myself waited for Triumph to come up with something,and when they didnt bought other stuff,

three similar bikes, when and why do you ride each one???

Offline Luddfooter

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike/Model: 2016 Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Halifax
« Reply #113 on: 12 July, 2020, 05:59:49 AM »
It will be a shame and an opportunity missed if they don't develop a new 1160 TS IMHO. I personally don't fancy the 900/1200 Tigers, but would jump straight at an 1160 TS. I don't fancy/can't afford the XR/Multistrada route, so unfortunately if the current TS gets discontinued and not updated  I may start considering maybe the new NInja 1000 SX as my next 2 year old bargain purchase in a couple of years...

Offline Winger

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 955
  • City / Town: Birmingham
« Reply #114 on: 12 July, 2020, 07:35:22 AM »
*Originally Posted by tiggersteve [+]
three similar bikes, when and why do you ride each one???

Well I bought the 955 in 2001 within 2 years put 17 Dymags on it currently has 40 odd thousand miles,with a 5 gallon tank always felt it was a better option than the 1050, but waited years(I do have other bikes) for Triumph to come up with another option,they didnt so bought the X/R new in 16, and the GT secondhand in 19.

Given the option ill Take a triple every time but the HP game has moved on,of course folks have this idea of using all that HP all the time when in reality just makes life easier/ enjoyable.

Where it gets complicated the 4 cylinder X/R just does its job totally different from the GT, you may as well include the Adventure that Timbox has,and in reality just down to what floats your boat,although I will say the KTM is just as good two up as one up,the X/R by comparison has Akra Headers and a Power Commander and will go down to 25mph in top gear and pulls well when you open the throttle it can literally can be ridden like a twist and go scooter.

Just found it frustrating that Triumph have been producing all sorts of bikes and the left the Tiger out on a limb when there was no need because I have always believed their was a market for a modern sport Tiger.

Offline tiggersteve

• Tiger God
« Reply #115 on: 12 July, 2020, 11:11:50 AM »
*Originally Posted by Luddfooter [+]
It will be a shame and an opportunity missed if they don't develop a new 1160 TS IMHO. I personally don't fancy the 900/1200 Tigers, but would jump straight at an 1160 TS. I don't fancy/can't afford the XR/Multistrada route, so unfortunately if the current TS gets discontinued and not updated  I may start considering maybe the new NInja 1000 SX as my next 2 year old bargain purchase in a couple of years...

A ground up new (1160) Sport which is what is needed (imo) will not be just shy of 11k like the current model  it will be nearer 12.5-13k so nearer XR money,
Going to give a Ninja 1000SX a go myself but not going to buy anything till next year now, feel sure there are going to be few new spy shots before the year is out

Offline Luddfooter

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike/Model: 2016 Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Halifax
« Reply #116 on: 12 July, 2020, 12:40:43 PM »
A ground up new (1160) Sport which is what is needed (imo) will not be just shy of 11k like the current model  it will be nearer 12.5-13k so nearer XR money,
Going to give a Ninja 1000SX a go myself but not going to buy anything till next year now, feel sure there are going to be few new spy shots before the year is out

I agree if they do it will be nearer the price of an XR, however I would simply have to get myself one by any means if they do! Let me know what you think of the Ninja 1000 SX if you have a test ride. Got to admit I am tempted to have a go on one too.

Offline Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
« Reply #117 on: 12 July, 2020, 03:13:31 PM »
*Originally Posted by tiggersteve [+]

The Tiger 900 is 12,600 - 13,100 for the higher spec. + accessories. of course.
The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions.
Leonardo da Vinci