Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: New Euro 5 Tiger Sport  (Read 7526 times)

Offline tiggersteve

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: now bikeless
  • City / Town: doddington cambs
Re: New Euro 5 Tiger Sport
« Reply #100 on: 10 July, 2020, 04:33:25 PM »
doesn't mean there will be a new Sport.

Offline Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
« Reply #101 on: 10 July, 2020, 04:34:48 PM »
*Originally Posted by Winger [+]
Doesnt take much working out with current spy shots of the new 2021 1160 Street Triple being shown on the net.

An 1160 Street Triple, now that will be something.  :745:
The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions.
Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Winger

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 955
  • City / Town: Birmingham
« Reply #102 on: 10 July, 2020, 04:42:28 PM »
Interesting article on Visor Down about about the 765 getting the updated treatment but big brother didnt their talking 170hp maybe more now thats an interesting triple  :001:

Offline Winger

• Tiger Master
« Reply #103 on: 11 July, 2020, 07:42:27 AM »
Unfortunately Triumph like so many other manufactures look to be all falling into the same trap of building smaller bikes bikes for midgets...at 6ft and 11stone the prospect of being nigh on bent double whilst riding on some of the latest offerings doesnt appeal, never mind some of the fat B++++++s I see riding bikes,but at least they appear to have woken up to how far they have dropped behind HP wise.

Offline tiggersteve

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: now bikeless
  • City / Town: doddington cambs
« Reply #104 on: 11 July, 2020, 11:11:18 AM »
Unfortunately Triumph like so many other manufactures look to be all falling into the same trap of building smaller bikes bikes for midgets...at 6ft and 11stone the prospect of being nigh on bent double whilst riding on some of the latest offerings doesnt appeal, never mind some of the fat B++++++s I see riding bikes,but at least they appear to have woken up to how far they have dropped behind HP wise.

At 6ft and 11st you are as they say a "bean pole"  :164: (I'm guessing you have long legs) i am 5'7" and 11st and no way over weight so you are not the norm imo but having said that you will fit on more bikes than me i struggle to reach the floor with short legs
« Last Edit: 11 July, 2020, 11:25:04 AM by tiggersteve »

Offline seangee

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2016 Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Bracknell
« Reply #105 on: 11 July, 2020, 02:27:32 PM »
And that is a really big deal - especially as the average age of "grown up" riders seems to be increasing. At 6'4" there are far more very nice bikes that I can't/won't ride than those I can  :004:
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Offline Mike_B

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Tonbridge
« Reply #106 on: 11 July, 2020, 03:10:06 PM »
People who are several inches over 6 tall are pretty rare, compared to the mass of us who are under.   Remember that the growth areas are in Asia, where most people are about 5 8 tops.

We have a bunch of Indians working in our office, without exception they all ride motorbikes back home (its the standard mode of transport there) and at 5 10 Im taller than almost all of them.   So its understandable that manufacturers have to cater for it.

Offline seangee

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2016 Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Bracknell
« Reply #107 on: 11 July, 2020, 03:57:03 PM »
*Originally Posted by Mike_B [+]
People who are several inches over 6 tall are pretty rare, compared to the mass of us who are under.   Remember that the growth areas are in Asia, where most people are about 5 8 tops.

We have a bunch of Indians working in our office, without exception they all ride motorbikes back home (its the standard mode of transport there) and at 5 10 Im taller than almost all of them.   So its understandable that manufacturers have to cater for it.
But that standard mode of transport is not in the 150hp+ or even 100hp+ range, or with a 10k+ price tag. Its the luxury and recreational markets that are suffering. Once upon a time I had a 125 and later a 400 as my only modes of transport. In those days I did not have the anatomical limitations I have now. I regularly did 500 mile days on a CB400N and was happy to do so. Today I have no interest in a 170hp bike if riding it is going to cause me pain. I would dearly love a 765 Street as a second bike, but I am simply incapable of riding it for more than a few miles without requiring physio  :019:
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Offline Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
« Reply #108 on: 11 July, 2020, 04:25:38 PM »
Forums & FB have taken over from the pub as the place to air BS, be it about height, riding ability, bike size, BHP, etc. general bragging rights, who really gives a monkeys. On the good side, that type doesn't come in the pub anymore.

Most bikes would appear to be too tall for most riders, why's that, designed by Netherlanders?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Average_human_height_by_country
The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions.
Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Winger

• Tiger Master
« Reply #109 on: 11 July, 2020, 07:19:42 PM »
Ill be intrigued to see what Triumph turn up with if anything!!!,with the Steamer in the early 90s,the 885i in the late 90s(I had two) the 955 which I fitted 17 wheels on mine 7 years before Triumph did,and then the 1050 model and Triumph have been completely AWOL ever since.

The problem Triumph have the game has moved on by some margin,yea sure my old 955 with Dymags/Ohlins/Full Floating Beringers and a 5 gallon tank!!!can still do a turn,but compared the X/R and 1290GT parked next too it from another era.