Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: New Euro 5 Tiger Sport  (Read 6606 times)

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport (2014)
Re: New Euro 5 Tiger Sport
« Reply #60 on: 28 May, 2020, 11:24:57 AM »
*Originally Posted by Dusty ST [+]
Me too, I think it's just bike reviewers it's like something they have to say about any bike that hasn't been launched this year.
Take a look at a TS and point out what looks dated, what would need to change to make it up to date... I think all I'd change to the TS styling is the '1050' side graphic and drop the black or grey paint jobs for some colour options.
:0461:

Offline Puccio

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport 2016
  • City / Town: Cingoli
« Reply #61 on: 28 May, 2020, 11:45:10 AM »
*Originally Posted by toopytiger [+]
What bugs me is when people say the Tiger Sport is 'dated' or 'dated design'.  Still looks good to me now even though its 13 or 14 years old, must've been ahead of its time.  It's got modern good quality brakes and suspension, an alloy frame, and a great, sporty, fun, reliable motor.  What bugs it did have are mostly worked out.  What more could you want?

It's a really amusing thing, how the current Tiger Sport get more and more valuable every year, as more and more ghastly and poor built motorcycles are being introduced to the market  :745:

Online Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
« Reply #62 on: 29 May, 2020, 08:39:05 AM »
Does this indicate the end of the line for the TS or the beginning of a new model?

https://www.triumphmotorcycles.co.uk/offers/uk/latest-offers/tigersport-1050v
The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions.
Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Mike_B

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Tonbridge
« Reply #63 on: 29 May, 2020, 09:14:51 AM »
Not necessarily - they seem to have offers on most bikes at the moment, including big sellers.   Trying to recover some sales probably, after a couple of months of near zero.

Offline Ukwes

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: 2016 Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Hastings
« Reply #64 on: 29 May, 2020, 09:31:49 AM »
Seems odd that they haven't leveraged the updates from the Speed into the Tiger Sport.
Updated engine, LCD dash, keyless ignition.  This would tick a few boxes when comparing spec sheets, with little new development required.

I guess the question is if they did develop a new Tiger Sport with a performance hike, better suspension, and all the modern computer wizardry.  How many of us would upgrade, or how many new riders would it attract from other brands.
At the moment, it is a good solid performer, looking a little left behind because of lack of trinketry, but at the same time the price tag is also way lower than other offerings.

Seems to me it is just a cash cow now, selling in enough numbers to keep it in the range but not enough to spend on new development.

Other bikes: 2017 Speed Triple R, 2010 Street Triple R,  ZXR 400 race bike for track days and Fantic 250 Casa for green lanes, and a Yamaha TDR250 for investment fun

Online Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
« Reply #65 on: 29 May, 2020, 09:47:51 AM »
It has to be competitive in the market place, giving it all the goodies could price it out. It's up against the Versys 1000 at 11,300 & the V-Strom 1000 at 10,400. Both good bikes. The current offers from Triumph make TS still a good buy.
The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions.
Leonardo da Vinci

Online Tigermike

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2010 Bk/Grey 1050SE
  • City / Town: Banbury
« Reply #66 on: 29 May, 2020, 10:15:26 AM »
*Originally Posted by Ukwes [+]
Seems odd that they haven't leveraged the updates from the Speed into the Tiger Sport.
Updated engine, LCD dash, keyless ignition.  This would tick a few boxes when comparing spec sheets, with little new development required.

I guess the question is if they did develop a new Tiger Sport with a performance hike, better suspension, and all the modern computer wizardry.  How many of us would upgrade, or how many new riders would it attract from other brands.
At the moment, it is a good solid performer, looking a little left behind because of lack of trinketry, but at the same time the price tag is also way lower than other offerings.

Seems to me it is just a cash cow now, selling in enough numbers to keep it in the range but not enough to spend on new development.
:0461: Wes, its a great bike but the only way its going to attract new riders away from the BMW S100XR, Multistrada etc. is by adding the Speed Triple updates & the other things you mention - also LED lights all round & some different colours  :440:
obviously this would mean a price hike which i guess Triumph are very wary of in the current climate .. maybe when sales start improving  :084:
if they did what you are suggesting i would seriously look at trading mine in for a new one.. not that i would get much for it with 75000 miles on the clock..  :019:
Yam RD125 DX, Kwak GPZ305, Honda CB400T, 1983 Kwak GT550, Suzuki GSF650 Bandit, Tiger 1050SE .... got there in the end.

Online Tigermike

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2010 Bk/Grey 1050SE
  • City / Town: Banbury
« Reply #67 on: 29 May, 2020, 10:22:06 AM »
*Originally Posted by Paul2bikes [+]
It has to be competitive in the market place, giving it all the goodies could price it out. It's up against the Versys 1000 at 11,300 & the V-Strom 1000 at 10,400. Both good bikes. The current offers from Triumph make TS still a good buy.
could always do a base model like the new 900 to keep the price down & make you pay on top for the better suspension, etc.
Yam RD125 DX, Kwak GPZ305, Honda CB400T, 1983 Kwak GT550, Suzuki GSF650 Bandit, Tiger 1050SE .... got there in the end.

Offline SomeOldMan50

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: MK
« Reply #68 on: 29 May, 2020, 12:34:19 PM »

Not necessarily - they seem to have offers on most bikes at the moment, including big sellers.   Trying to recover some sales probably, after a couple of months of near zero.

All manufactures are running deals at the moment to shift stock. there are probably quite a few 2019 model bikes gathering dust in showrooms that dealers are desperate to shift right now  , Triumph are doing nothing different

https://www.honda.co.uk/motorcycles/range/street/offers.html
https://www.bmw-motorrad.co.uk/en/offers/highlight-offers.html
https://www.kawasaki.co.uk/en/offers/
https://www.ducati.com/gb/en/current-offers

Yep - which makes me think it just be dropped, especially with the move of final production offshore  - the TS was one of the few models still make in Hinkley, so that might just kill it off, with the costs of moving the tooling, production lines etc to Thailand

as a 2nd /hand purchase mine was good value @7.5 k for 2yr old bike with 2 dealer stamps, full luggage and loads of other bits and <5k miles.
but if i was in the market for new bike i would spend a few quid more on PCP and get something much more modern, but that's just what I would do

Offline tiggersteve

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: now bikeless
  • City / Town: doddington cambs
« Reply #69 on: 29 May, 2020, 02:21:18 PM »
I would be first in the Q for a new and i mean NEW Tiger Sport had my '08 for 9 yrs,
but I want TFT dash, LED cornering lights, more power and torque, lighter weight to name a few and I am prepared to pay for it,
You ol stalwarts it's old I mean OLD it has barely changed (on the outside) since '08,
Triumph will do little to change it and as said probably doesn't sell in big numbers, enough to keep it worth while for now???
I think it's direct competitor is the Yamaha Tracer 900 GT as well as the Versys 1000, are they better bikes?
no probably not but they are sharp modern looking, colours are vibrant and up to date, they just have more kerb appeal,
Journalists are not interested because it's non of the above, It's becoming one of those good but forgotten bikes just plugging away doing it's best