Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: O2 and Closed/Open Loop maps  (Read 282 times)

Offline fjrod

• Tiger Master
  • Gettin' Old Sucks
  • Bike/Model: 1050 SE ABS 2010
  • City / Town: Chesnee
O2 and Closed/Open Loop maps
« on: 14 February, 2020, 03:13:11 PM »
Been trying to research maps for my 2011 1050 SE. Way to many posts on this subject and lots of the info conflicts.   No SAI, no cat, air box mod and Delkevic can.  Did the same mapping exercise on a 2007 back around 2008.  Also did a lot of map stuff with a PCIII on an FJR.   

Prior to losing a court case in California the PCIII required you to remove the O2 sensor.  In essence it ran in Open Loop all the time.  With an O2 sensor in a portion of the map was blanked out and the ECU map ran in Closed Loop.  With the PCIII, it remapped that Closed Loop section.

What my question is, if you remove the O2 sensor and use TuneECU to turn off Closed Loop (I'm assuming and not sure TuneECU will actually do that, but have seen it mentioned) are there any maps that anyone will recommend that has the Closed Loop portion of the map programmed?

Thanks.

Offline indytiger1050

• Tiger Supporter
  • Supreme Tiger
  • Bike/Model: 79 Honda 750L
  • City / Town: Indianapolis
Re: O2 and Closed/Open Loop maps
« Reply #1 on: 15 February, 2020, 02:47:24 PM »
Hi fjrod.     
Please be patient with me on this.   The whole power commander thing confuses me on your bike, yours I think allows TuneEcu to run with no issues.  Making the PC something else to cause issues and offers nothing except maybe a quickshifter option.

The best tune for your bike would be one that had similar exhaust, cat or no cat etc.  All tunes can allow you to turn off the O2 sensor and do what  you want, reason I left mine in was I saw no downside.
going  Closed Loop take the ability of the ECU to tweak a tune  not really dialed in for YOUR bike. 
The best scenario would be if going  Closed Loop would be to take a tune closest to your setup and  then have dyno runs to dial it in for YOUR bike thus making that tune one perfect for your bike.

If your running NO cat and NO baffle in the can try my tune, before downloading deselect the O2 sensor. 
Support the forum.   :031:

Offline fjrod

• Tiger Master
  • Gettin' Old Sucks
« Reply #2 on: 15 February, 2020, 06:03:58 PM »
I fully understand what you are saying. What I was trying to convey is an example of how Closed/Open Loop is implemented on one system, the FJR.  The primary reason since governments started messing with pollution controls for using an O2 sensor was to automatically go into a closed loop portion of the ECU's map.  If you turn off the O2 sensor you "should" be running open loop.   What made the PC work so well initially was problems with closed loop portions of the map were eliminated by the PC.   

What I am trying to find out is by whatever method you use if you turn off the O2 sensor / Closed Loop, are there maps that replace the closed loop portion of the map.  In essence you run open loop across the entire map. 

Offline fjrod

• Tiger Master
  • Gettin' Old Sucks
« Reply #3 on: 18 February, 2020, 10:14:02 PM »
I've got my answers, thanks.  There are several good threads on the Triumphrat.net forums Under ECM and FI tuning.  Also on some other forums.