Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Why not add an avatar to your profile ?

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Castrol Power 1 oil  (Read 685 times)

Offline Yellow Dog

• Tiger Supporter
  • Supreme Tiger
  • Bike/Model: 2018 Tiger 1050 Sport
  • City / Town: Quainton
Re: Castrol Power 1 oil
« Reply #20 on: 15 February, 2020, 07:56:44 AM »
*Originally Posted by Paul2bikes [+]
You boys over the pond get paid big money yet get everything so cheap. Is there any downside to living in the US?

The USA is a H U G E country and the living standard and conditions can vary vastly from state to state.

I hope it is not the same all over the USA however, in my experience, getting stopped by Police for a minor traffic infringement is best avoided  :005:
2018 TIGER 1050 SPORT - 40,000Km with zero tyre wear & zero engine or chain wear (c8

Offline Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
« Reply #21 on: 15 February, 2020, 09:35:55 AM »
*Originally Posted by Mike_B [+]
Course there are.   They are just different things to the UK.   My Houston colleagues gripe about stuff like their much lower job security and also they get only 10-12 days paid leave per year.   Health insurance comes with the job as part of your salary package, so if youre out of work for any reason, better hope you dont get sick.

On the flip side, salaries are higher, houses are huge and much cheaper (comparing SE England to Houston, so not necessarily true if you were comparing other areas), petrol costs about half as much, and income and sales taxes are very low (although property taxes are much, much more than UK council tax).   Stuff in general is often cheaper.

Upsides and downsides to living in any one of the first-world countries.   Both US and UK offer an excellent standard of living to a large majority of their populations.

There's no obligation to pay holiday pay in the US but most employers pay 10 days after the first year, workers can take more holidays without pay. I went 30 years without holiday pay being self employed, didn't stop me taking holidays.

Job security in UK? I was made redundant 3 times then disillusioned went freelance.

NHS, we pay dearly for our NHS from NI & taxes, they pay insurance, same outcome.

We have relatives who've lived & worked very ordinary lives here, yet have a large detached holiday home with pool in Florida they bought for the cost of a terraced house here.

Off road riding in vast expanses sounds heaven, able to ride most anywhere off track away from the congestion & heavy traffic of the UK. I'm on a mostly US forum for Serow/XT225/250, very envious of the riding those boys have.

So, I don't see any downside to the US, the land of dreams if you have their required skills.

The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions.
Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Yellow Dog

• Tiger Supporter
  • Supreme Tiger
  • Bike/Model: 2018 Tiger 1050 Sport
  • City / Town: Quainton
« Reply #22 on: 16 February, 2020, 11:21:40 AM »
*Originally Posted by Paul2bikes [+]
So, I don't see any downside to the US, the land of dreams if you have their required skills.

ShudovGon2Specasavers  :125:

BUT yes, lots of great / spectacular places to chose to live in the USA  :169:

2018 TIGER 1050 SPORT - 40,000Km with zero tyre wear & zero engine or chain wear (c8

Online Dusty ST

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: 2017 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: Brighton, Sussex
« Reply #23 on: 16 February, 2020, 04:34:31 PM »
It was the 10 days annual holiday that made my mind up not to take up an offer to work in the US.
17 Tiger Sport 1050
08 Sprint 1050ST
01 GSX1400 K2