Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tiger 800 XCx to Tiger Sport?  (Read 1568 times)

Online gavuk

• Tiger Master
  • Ride when you can... Love life.. it's short....
  • Bike/Model: Z1000sx now!!
  • City / Town: cornwall
Re: Tiger 800 XCx to Tiger Sport?
« Reply #20 on: 08 February, 2020, 06:29:43 PM »
Just to add my personal 5p's worth of opinion.

I ride a mark 1 1050 not a sport and it's a fine beast with enough poke for me. It will cruse all day and get there in comfort albeit with ringing ears due to wind noise. It's also a fine looking beast. My mates Tex 1200 scares the bejesus out of me as tall, heavy and ugly. My mate is 4 stone bigger than me and refers to his Tex as a "sport bike"!!

I tried the tracer 900 and was light, flighty, flimsy and felt underpowered. I have test ridden the z1000sx on three different occasions. It's revvy but a fine beast. I just can't quite pull the trigger on buying on. Some niggle that I can't place stops me.

Happy decision making

Gav

Offline Devon Tiger

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: 2016 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: North Devon
« Reply #21 on: 30 March, 2020, 05:38:08 PM »
McTipple, I had the Z1000 from new, done about 3,000 miles on it.
Great bike, did everything very well. Looked great too.
Only problem was, it was soulless, almost to the extent it was boring. (like a Honda)
Went to an Aprilia Tuono V-twin 1000, man was that so good.
That almost proved too good. A license looser in the making. Everywhere I rode was... fast, it was so addictive, & with the twin Akrapovic  exhausts it was awesome.
I got the Tiger Sport in 2016, & loved the bike.
To date it has 2300 miles on it, as circumstances changed, but it is my 2nd best bike ever.
Enjoy your ride.

Offline Ukwes

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: 2016 Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Hastings
« Reply #22 on: 31 March, 2020, 12:56:10 PM »
I had a gen 2 Tuono, and it was a great bike....downside? It only started feeling really good at licence losing speeds.
To ride it slow was a pain, even with gearing it down, I found micro throttle management was just hard work.

I bought a Speed Triple as a more flexible alternative, but then during a service was lent a Tiger Sport, and love it so much I bought one.

Now thinking of selling the Speed, as it hardly gets any use, as the TS does everything so well.
Other bikes: 2017 Speed Triple R, 2010 Street Triple R,  ZXR 400 race bike for track days and Fantic 250 Casa for green lanes, and a Yamaha TDR250 for investment fun

Offline Magnetman

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport 2014
  • City / Town: Runcorn
« Reply #23 on: 31 March, 2020, 09:46:21 PM »
Still got my Tuono after 12 years ownership. Awesome machine but very difficult not to ride it like you stole it at all times. :001: