Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Why not add an avatar to your profile ?

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Which crash bars.  (Read 1413 times)

Offline Man_on_Edge

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050 SE
  • City / Town: WSM
Re: Which crash bars.
« Reply #10 on: 17 January, 2020, 01:06:46 PM »
*Originally Posted by Kevmax [+]
but it will change the look of the bike significantly so be 100% before you buy.
Happy shopping

For the better though?
Being on the short side I just know sooner than later I'm gonna topple over, happened 3 times on my old TDM once outside my own house. If it saves the shiny bits I'll be happy

Offline Kevmax

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: Triumph Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: Nenagh
« Reply #11 on: 17 January, 2020, 06:19:24 PM »
Im well happy with mine. Thats the same reason I put them on mine. Also give good space to mount the Aux lights.

Offline Man_on_Edge

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050 SE
  • City / Town: WSM
« Reply #12 on: 30 January, 2020, 10:07:48 PM »
Heed bars now fitted.
Bit of a bugger to fit mind.
Quality & price is very good & chuffed with how they look

:152:

Offline Kevmax

• Tiger Member
« Reply #13 on: 30 January, 2020, 10:18:36 PM »
Happy days man.  Its great that you like the look of them. Have many miles of happy riding and at least the uncomfortable feeling of drop damage is no longer. 🥳

Offline TimboLeMatelot

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: 2019 Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Worthing
« Reply #14 on: 31 January, 2020, 10:36:44 AM »
*Originally Posted by Kevmax [+]
Im well happy with mine. Thats the same reason I put them on mine. Also give good space to mount the Aux lights.

No ..... not more auxiliary lights on the road :232:

Offline Kevmax

• Tiger Member
« Reply #15 on: 31 January, 2020, 11:00:11 AM »
I understand where you are come from pal.
But making you unhappy or me dead by some fool driving a car with their elbows while eating their breakfast or doing their makeup on a dark wet morning on the Irish M7. I know which one Im choosing.
To many close calls care what people think and two kids to get home to after 3 hrs commuting.   
I do take into consideration that they may blind oncoming traffic so I have a fog light with a horizontal beam and they are angled down. Below the level of the driving light.

Offline TimboLeMatelot

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Master
« Reply #16 on: 31 January, 2020, 11:16:23 AM »
Kev,

Fair point, but you are one of the few who have applied some common sense in how you have them mounted. Even when I pointed it out to a mate that his were blinding me in my mirrors he just shrugged his shoulders and said b*******ks to everyone else. A nice attitude don't you think?

I had two on-coming bikes this morning LED lights and auxiliaries on and all I could see was a wall of light. Some people are very inconsiderate.

As it is the LED lamps have too much blue light in them, they are the wrong colour temperature, (the French, I believe have started to investigate them) so badly fitted additional lights are adding to the issue. Note as well, they are not beamed like a headlight so they really need to be mounted facing down toward the road and not perpendicular to it.

There is no legislation so anyone can have as many and as bright as they like regardless of their impact on oncoming traffic.

Rant over ..... but it would be nice if you can help by trying to spread that bit of a common sense approach  :002:

Bw and safe riding

P.s for my own part and after 40 years of riding I still don't feel that I need them.

« Last Edit: 31 January, 2020, 11:36:13 AM by TimboLeMatelot »

Offline Kevmax

• Tiger Member
« Reply #17 on: 31 January, 2020, 11:57:58 AM »
It's a rant that is justified Tembo.
I have been on the receiving end of poorly fitted aux lights also. Frustrating!!
I have to say, the Aux lights have helped other road users spot me in their rear view mirrors.  Far less pulling into my lane when Im there.
The one good thing about this forum and its a reflection of the subscriber and the admin , is that we can have a civil exchange of options without getting offended.
Good chat pal and safe riding to you also. 

Offline TimboLeMatelot

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Master
« Reply #18 on: 31 January, 2020, 12:41:02 PM »
 Shame we not near enough to each other to have discussed the merits over a pint or two of the black stuff  :001:

Offline Timbox

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Helga
  • City / Town: Newport
« Reply #19 on: 31 January, 2020, 03:17:41 PM »
First night I went out with my Denalis got flashed quite a bit, so have now fitted a special relay that cuts them to half power via a toggle switch on the bars and have also had them properly aligned and pointed down more, out last night and nobody flashed me :028:
Ex Sport owner now on KTM 1290 SAS