Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tiger 1050 2010: What's the consensus of opinion about low silencers?  (Read 1778 times)

Offline Blackvisor

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050 (2010 model
  • City / Town: SE Scotland
Re: Tiger 1050 2010: What's the consensus of opinion about low silence
« Reply #10 on: 12 January, 2020, 08:51:02 PM »
*Originally Posted by tiggersteve [+]
I would say they're all pretty similar,
Remus are on the expensive side but definitely a quality item, as a by the way early Powercones did not have a ctr stand stop i bought mine in '08 which had one (if you were looking at second hand)
The Remus is quite loud but not obnoxious with the baffle in and has quite a deep tone.
Just as a reference any low can shouldn't extend above the heal guard on the rear footrest.

I've been on the Remus site, they only list new silencers for the Tiger Sport post 2013 or post 2017. Mine's a 2010 tiger 1050, would a Tiger Sport silencer work on that? or am I better waiting until a 2nd hand one turns up. There's still a risk of salt on the roads so I can wait until March as the bike's off the road getting other work done.

By contrast the MiVV suono is listed as for my model and year of Tiger. But even the "low" version of the suono comes up fairly high, its a bit higher than the rear footpeg mount.

THanks for all the useful info

Online tiggersteve

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: now bikeless
  • City / Town: doddington cambs
« Reply #11 on: 13 January, 2020, 08:56:21 PM »
 Don't think a Sport low Remus will fit, I think link pipe is tucked under the sump a little more as there is space where  old twin s'arm sat,
The Mivv has a low "standard" can and a low "low" can if that makes sense, have a look on the official website, the part numbers are slightly different,
I definitely sold a frame to a guy (in Spain I think) who ran a low Suono, think it works as the can is well back and not as tight to the footrest as the Remus
and the stock boxes are swept up at an angle.

Online tiggersteve

• Tiger God
« Reply #12 on: 13 January, 2020, 09:11:19 PM »

Offline Blackvisor

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050 (2010 model
  • City / Town: SE Scotland
« Reply #13 on: 13 January, 2020, 11:15:07 PM »
Thanks, the Bogdanr post shows the silencer I was looking at, it is higher than the pillion footpeg, but as his post says he got a standard pannier on it, that's what I need to go ahead with it.

At 400 shekels I just need to wait til payday (maybe 2 paydays)

Online tiggersteve

• Tiger God
« Reply #14 on: 14 January, 2020, 09:20:28 PM »
MIVV Suono low mount. Saved 4.5kg, been able to mount two full size panniers (thanx to Steve).
Not to mention that the OEM pipe looks like a stove chimneyIMO

He said two full size panniers.