Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Front footrest rubbers lost again - now CURED.  (Read 1043 times)

Offline rayjay

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: TS
  • City / Town: Haywards Heath
Re: Front footrest rubbers lost again - now CURED.
« Reply #20 on: 11 December, 2019, 05:29:03 PM »
My rubbers(footpeg) were wearing down ,so I took them out and swopped them side to side to even out the wear. Used a pair of needle nose pliers to pull the down from below rather than trying to force them from the top. That was about 3 or 4 thousand miles ago, no sign of them moving.

Offline Timbox

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Helga
  • City / Town: Newport
« Reply #21 on: 11 December, 2019, 05:45:11 PM »
*Originally Posted by rayjay [+]
My rubbers(footpeg) were wearing down ,so I took them out and swopped them side to side to even out the wear. Used a pair of needle nose pliers to pull the down from below rather than trying to force them from the top. That was about 3 or 4 thousand miles ago, no sign of them moving.

Good shout, I recently tried the same on my KTM, but they are in fact handed on this bike :023:
Ex Sport owner now on KTM 1290 SAS

Offline Grumpy old man

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: 2019 Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Te Awamutu
« Reply #22 on: 12 December, 2019, 10:37:13 PM »
I would try and avoid standing on the pegs to get on the bike if it is sitting on the side stand as it is only mounted to the side of the engine case

Not entirely sure it was ever designed with that amount of load to be put through it with a full load of luggage on board and a monkey climbing on it as well

I have seen a Tiger sport  with a cracked mounting for the side stand but that guy was a fat git and used to sit on the bike all the time when parked up on the  side stand and the stand was a bit curved as well

Yes to the silicone under the rubber works well to keep the beggars on also makes the rubbers slip on a  bit easier when the silicone is first applied and not cured

Offline Timbox

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Helga
  • City / Town: Newport
« Reply #23 on: 13 December, 2019, 06:03:32 AM »
*Originally Posted by Grumpy old man [+]
I would try and avoid standing on the pegs to get on the bike if it is sitting on the side stand as it is only mounted to the side of the engine case

Not entirely sure it was ever designed with that amount of load to be put through it with a full load of luggage on board and a monkey climbing on it as well

I have seen a Tiger sport  with a cracked mounting for the side stand but that guy was a fat git and used to sit on the bike all the time when parked up on the  side stand and the stand was a bit curved as well

Yes to the silicone under the rubber works well to keep the beggars on also makes the rubbers slip on a  bit easier when the silicone is first applied and not cured

Nice to see someone else has been on the PC course :008:
Ex Sport owner now on KTM 1290 SAS

Offline Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
« Reply #24 on: 13 December, 2019, 10:58:57 AM »

The alternative for us old farts with full luggage in place is?  :084:

Don't give us that strange hopping run up & kick the seat method.  :745:

The side stand mounts broke on many of the early 900's, I would think they were made considerably stronger after all the claims that went in for bikes that toppled over when parked up.  :005:
The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions.
Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Yellow Dog

• Tiger Supporter
  • Supreme Tiger
  • Bike/Model: 2018 Tiger 1050 Sport
  • City / Town: Quainton
« Reply #25 on: 13 December, 2019, 02:43:29 PM »
a fat git

AND an outstanding contributor to this fabulous forum  :008:
2018 TIGER 1050 SPORT - 40,000Km with zero tyre wear & zero engine or chain wear (c8