Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Why not add an avatar to your profile ?

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Wiring diagram for LED fog lights  (Read 209 times)

Offline Quique Cabrera

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport 2013
  • City / Town: San Luis Potosi
Wiring diagram for LED fog lights
« on: 02 December, 2019, 01:22:46 AM »
Hello,

i wonder if somebody had installed chinese led headlamps directly to the battery, I have read that Its important to instal a relay, can you share the wiring diagram to be clear and make a decent electric installation?

I had read that Triumph is famous for having electric failures, so Its better to avoid touching the wires and make an independent circuit directly from the battery and  put an ON/OFF interruptor.
Active motorcyclist since 1990 and counting......

Offline gosling 1

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: '08 Orange Tiger
  • City / Town: Connecticut
Re: Wiring diagram for LED fog lights
« Reply #1 on: 02 December, 2019, 12:11:24 PM »
*Originally Posted by Quique Cabrera [+]

I had read that Triumph is famous for having electric failures.

Maybe 60's -70's Triumph's but modern ones are no better or worse than other brands. Since you are in Mexico I'm guessing your Tiger's heated grip connector is not being used. :002:  This heated grip harness in the link fits the '07-'12 Tiger 1050's and gives switched power for accessories if you are not using heated grips, it has a built in relay. I use it to power my radar detector and GPS. I think the early Sport's have the same connector but as they were never sold in the USA, I'm not sure. :019: This harness works with a 3-pin OEM heated grip connector.

(scroll to the bottom of the link page to see the grip harness)
http://www.easternbeaver.com/Main/Bike_Specific/Triumph/triumph.html
Larger than life and twice as ugly!

Offline Quique Cabrera

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport 2013
  • City / Town: San Luis Potosi
Re: Wiring diagram for LED fog lights
« Reply #2 on: 02 December, 2019, 07:04:29 PM »
*Originally Posted by gosling 1 [+]
Maybe 60's -70's Triumph's but modern ones are no better or worse than other brands. Since you are in Mexico I'm guessing your Tiger's heated grip connector is not being used. :002:  This heated grip harness in the link fits the '07-'12 Tiger 1050's and gives switched power for accessories if you are not using heated grips, it has a built in relay. I use it to power my radar detector and GPS. I think the early Sport's have the same connector but as they were never sold in the USA, I'm not sure. :019: This harness works with a 3-pin OEM heated grip connector.

(scroll to the bottom of the link page to see the grip harness)
http://www.easternbeaver.com/Main/Bike_Specific/Triumph/triumph.html

Thank you so much
Active motorcyclist since 1990 and counting......