Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: throttle free play  (Read 487 times)

Offline seangee

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2016 Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Bracknell
Re: throttle free play
« Reply #10 on: 30 November, 2019, 09:18:11 PM »
Do you really mean free play or do you mean its either laggy or super sensitive. I always ride in sports mode because I don't like the delay in the other modes. But it does mean its very sensitive. I happen to like that but it may take a bit of time to get used to, or cause problems if you are gicen to sneezing fits on the bike  :001:
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Offline rookie64

• Tiger Newbie
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050Sport 2019 m
  • City / Town: Launceston
« Reply #11 on: 01 December, 2019, 12:03:47 AM »
Hi Guys
Just a little more detail for you if I can put it across so all understand it hope so here we go, in and around town say second or third gear holding on say 20, 30 klm 40 klm s speed limit in some areas here, it's not smooth it splutters it's like you are blipping the throttle ever so slightly mind, jerky motions very small but it's there, also playing in twisters chainging down to 4Th or 3rd  I always blip throttle when changing down old school,  sometimes there's no engine rev sound at all, thats a free play issue to me I could be very wrong but thats what I feel through the throttle or lack of feel I should say it's like your pumping air if this makes sense at all guys again not all the time but also depends on how aggressive I am with the throttle blip as it doesn't seem to happen the more aggressive which is obvious . all in all it could be me not quite used to the bike and the way she is but with time maybe who knows but apart from this I love the bike
Cheers
Rookie64
Rookie64

Online Yellow Dog

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2018 Tiger 1050 Sport
  • City / Town: Quainton
« Reply #12 on: 01 December, 2019, 10:16:45 AM »
*Originally Posted by rookie64 [+]
Hi Guys
Just a little more detail for you if I can put it across so all understand it hope so here we go, in and around town say second or third gear holding on say 20, 30 klm 40 klm s speed limit in some areas here, it's not smooth it splutters it's like you are blipping the throttle ever so slightly mind, jerky motions very small but it's there, also playing in twisters chainging down to 4Th or 3rd  I always blip throttle when changing down old school,  sometimes there's no engine rev sound at all, thats a free play issue to me I could be very wrong but thats what I feel through the throttle or lack of feel I should say it's like your pumping air if this makes sense at all guys again not all the time but also depends on how aggressive I am with the throttle blip as it doesn't seem to happen the more aggressive which is obvious . all in all it could be me not quite used to the bike and the way she is but with time maybe who knows but apart from this I love the bike
Cheers
Rookie64

This sounds more like a malfunction with the RBW setup, than a physical problem. No other TS riders have experienced this.

You really do need to throw this issue back at the garage. Any changes you make are likely to invalidate the warrantee.

Does this problem perform any differently when you change the rider modes?
2018 TIGER 1050 SPORT - 40,000Km with zero tyre wear & zero engine or chain wear (c8

Online Tigermike

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2010 Bk/Grey 1050SE
  • City / Town: Banbury
« Reply #13 on: 01 December, 2019, 05:05:13 PM »
 :401: rookie64,
 :0461: with Yellow dog, take her back to the dealer's and get them to fix it  :169:
Yam RD125 DX, Kwak GPZ305, Honda CB400T, 1983 Kwak GT550, Suzuki GSF650 Bandit, Tiger 1050SE .... got there in the end.

Online Timbox

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Helga
  • City / Town: Newport
« Reply #14 on: 01 December, 2019, 06:26:08 PM »
Definitely not normal, and I also dont think anything to do with throttle free play per se. As other have said, take to Dealers. I would probably stick it on Tune ECU myself and just check that the Throttle Bodies are in balance, and also that the Twistgrip is adapted.
Ex Sport owner now on KTM 1290 SAS