Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Why not add an avatar to your profile ?

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Castle Combe. Track days.  (Read 2763 times)

Online Fossil

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: 2018 B-Mer
  • City / Town: Newbury
Re: Castle Combe. Track days.
« Reply #50 on: 31 July, 2020, 08:54:34 PM »
*Originally Posted by Paul2bikes [+]
Yes, GSXR600 maybe. Doubt I'd do it justice.

Doesn't matter mate, it's all about having fun! I'm not quick but I have a ball and when I can set up a pass on someone safely it's a big buzz.   So, if you want to try it ? Go do it I say, I'm here for a good time not a long time!
Too old to die young!

Offline Timbox

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Helga
  • City / Town: Newport
« Reply #51 on: 31 July, 2020, 11:09:03 PM »
*Originally Posted by Fossil [+]
Didn't you like it Tim?  I went to the ring for my 50th present to me,  :008:  did 5 laps on my Honda Firestorm and was the second time I got my left knee down :046:  but yeah!  No place to get it wrong that's for sure.  That was 20 yrs ago in Oct. and a month later  I had to go to Barnstaple in Devon for my pressie from the government!   A 6 week driving ban and 250 fine   For doing 107 on the 361!   Ah, memories eh?  :007:

No mate, having 200MPH Porsches up me chuff was a fairly nerve racking experience, that and the fact that I had been warned that if you bin it there your probably looking at financial ruin :008:
Ex Sport owner now on KTM 1290 SAS

Online Fossil

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: 2018 B-Mer
  • City / Town: Newbury
« Reply #52 on: 01 August, 2020, 08:31:29 AM »
*Originally Posted by Timbox [+]
No mate, having 200MPH Porsches up me chuff was a fairly nerve racking experience, that and the fact that I had been warned that if you bin it there your probably looking at financial ruin :008:

I know what you mean!  My first couple of laps were strange, there was a Lorry and a coach plus lots of  family saloons  amongst race prepped looking machines plus a very quick M3 which I let by into the left right blind entry chicane,  found later it was the ring "taxi"  driven by Sabine Schmitz(sp?)   She drifted it in and out of those bends which was something to see!
Too old to die young!

Offline Yellow Dog

• Tiger Supporter
  • Supreme Tiger
  • Bike/Model: 2018 Tiger 1050 Sport
  • City / Town: Quainton
« Reply #53 on: 01 August, 2020, 09:24:09 AM »
You boys had a great day. I've never done a track day, never had a bike I thought suitable. Was the TS ok on track?

Yes Paul, she handled and kept up pretty well. Pulling through the gears (2-3-4) to max revs, no one was pulling away on the straights (except the track bikes). The bends were another story. The suspension guy at the track knew his stuff. There were quite a few road bikes there too. Best value activity ever. 7 track sessions for 130-ish  :152:

2018 TIGER 1050 SPORT - 40,000Km with zero tyre wear & zero engine or chain wear (c8

Offline Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
« Reply #54 on: 01 August, 2020, 10:27:24 AM »
The TS do well powering out of the bends. Got rid of any chicken strips you might have had.
The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions.
Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Yellow Dog

• Tiger Supporter
  • Supreme Tiger
« Reply #55 on: 01 August, 2020, 08:08:57 PM »
The TS do well powering out of the bends. Got rid of any chicken strips you might have had.

Tyres roughed up nicely thanks :031:

Just realised that I have a Mercedes highroof Sprinter van at my disposal. Will be fitting a wheel chock and strap links to the Unwin Tracks when I get back from Spain.

2018 TIGER 1050 SPORT - 40,000Km with zero tyre wear & zero engine or chain wear (c8

Offline Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
« Reply #56 on: 01 August, 2020, 08:20:12 PM »
*Originally Posted by Yellow Dog [+]
Tyres roughed up nicely thanks :031:

Just realised that I have a Mercedes highroof Sprinter van at my disposal. Will be fitting a wheel chock and strap links to the Unwin Tracks when I get back from Spain.

Spain? Boris has put it on the naughty step. Work or hols, whereabouts you headed? Our ferry to Santander is now only a few weeks off.
Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Yellow Dog

• Tiger Supporter
  • Supreme Tiger
« Reply #57 on: 01 August, 2020, 09:59:40 PM »
Spain? Boris has put it on the naughty step. Work or hols, whereabouts you headed? Our ferry to Santander is now only a few weeks off.

Arrive in Santander on Wednesday evening and will be heading South with the family to see the in-laws. They're a bout 30 miles up the coast from Malaga.

Might just drive through the night. The father-in-law says that Madrid is in lockdown and to pass on the South side.

Offline Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
« Reply #58 on: 02 August, 2020, 10:07:07 AM »
*Originally Posted by Yellow Dog [+]
Arrive in Santander on Wednesday evening and will be heading South with the family to see the in-laws. They're a bout 30 miles up the coast from Malaga.

Might just drive through the night. The father-in-law says that Madrid is in lockdown and to pass on the South side.

Malaga area looks no too bad, wasn't aware Madrid had locked down, guess he means the route through Salamanca & Seville, likely take not much longer, both a long drive in one go, take care.

We could stay up the north west for relative safety or head down to Murcia region (low'ish CV cases) on a slow route east of Madrid see: https://goo.gl/maps/BFuQhvpGjcuGePGC8

Please let us know the situation with restrictions, when you see it for real.
Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Yellow Dog

• Tiger Supporter
  • Supreme Tiger
« Reply #59 on: 02 August, 2020, 01:30:42 PM »
Yes Paul, will report back on the route as it might be useful for some.

Fossil buddy, found this photo of some cool 'Track Day King' dude on my phone  :062: