Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Castle Combe. Track days.  (Read 1846 times)

Offline Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
Re: Castle Combe. Track days.
« Reply #20 on: 18 April, 2020, 10:10:19 AM »
*Originally Posted by Fossil [+]
It's such a shame P2B!  All the efforts by so many people just in the pleasure and leisure events are going down the pan, not to mention businesses and people's livelihoods!   I actually do feel guilty that being retired I don't have some of their worries.

Yes, we feel for the people who are badly affected like my chum paralysed in hospital since August, now the whole ward down with CV, and his family coping without him. Then we see our neighbours WFH, out hiking, cycling, running & horse riding. I get a tad envious 'cos a lot of that stuff I can't do with a bad knee & I'm not allowed on my mechanical horse 'cos social biking types congregate at chippies.  :187: Hopefully in two or three years this will all be over. We could be living a different life then.
The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions.
Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Fossil

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: 2018 B-Mer
  • City / Town: Newbury
« Reply #21 on: 18 April, 2020, 10:36:46 AM »
*Originally Posted by Paul2bikes [+]
Yes, we feel for the people who are badly affected like my chum paralysed in hospital since August, now the whole ward down with CV, and his family coping without him. Then we see our neighbours WFH, out hiking, cycling, running & horse riding. I get a tad envious 'cos a lot of that stuff I can't do with a bad knee & I'm not allowed on my mechanical horse 'cos social biking types congregate at chippies.  :187: Hopefully in two or three years this will all be over. We could be living a different life then.
w

I feel for your mate and his family. My son was in Stoke for 1 yr after we got him back from his bike accident in Thialand where he lived for 4 yrs.  At least we could visit him and being paralysed is difficult enough to deal with without the threat of a deadly virus too!  I sincerely hope it doesn't add to his complications.

Best wishes, Rob.
Too old to die young!

Offline indytiger1050

• Tiger Supporter
  • Supreme Tiger
  • Bike/Model: 79 Honda 750L
  • City / Town: Indianapolis
« Reply #22 on: 18 April, 2020, 11:28:40 PM »
*Originally Posted by ZuluTiger [+]
Luckily we know and love you Indy 'cos your spelling and punctuation is starting to suck too.... :745:
  SO I've been called out. 

OK so Psychics, some Calculus, computers no problem..  They have rules. 
English, rules kiss my A%$. Rules that have so many exceptions that you need a photographic memory to remember them all.  Worse yet the rules SUCK and aren't true. 
I before E except after C.  BullSh1t.     
Needless to say, I failed English as it's NOT a science
A couple other examples.   Weird,forfeit,albeit,seize,weight 

Support the forum.   :031:

Online Timbox

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Helga
  • City / Town: Newport
« Reply #23 on: 19 April, 2020, 06:37:45 AM »
*Originally Posted by indytiger1050 [+]
  SO I've been called out. 

OK so Psychics, some Calculus, computers no problem..  They have rules. 
English, rules kiss my A%$. Rules that have so many exceptions that you need a photographic memory to remember them all.  Worse yet the rules SUCK and aren't true. 
I before E except after C.  BullSh1t.     
Needless to say, I failed English as it's NOT a science
A couple other examples.   Weird,forfeit,albeit,seize,weight

Apostrophe placement is much more fun :008:
Ex Sport owner now on KTM 1290 SAS

Offline Winger

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 955
  • City / Town: Birmingham
« Reply #24 on: 19 April, 2020, 11:33:40 AM »
It's such a shame P2B!  All the efforts by so many people just in the pleasure and leisure events are going down the pan, not to mention businesses and people's livelihoods!   I actually do feel guilty that being retired I don't have some of their worries.

Glad im Not the only one feeling that way,but I will take some of the credit because I never had a job with a pension and did my own thing with the Pru and too this day the tax man still loves me.

Offline Fossil

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Master
« Reply #25 on: 01 July, 2020, 09:44:50 AM »
Well, finally back on track last Wed,!  Really hot day and I struggled a bit to be honest.  First time on the 6R with new tyres and brake pads to bed in as well  as never having ridden the bike.  Tyres didnt take long to heat up as you can imagine!  Started to feel more fluent by the end of the day so a good positive to take away for the next one. My kids have bought me a gazebo for future days so youll be able to share if youre riding down Yellow Dog?  and my van to put stuff in if you want!  Hope youre looking forward to August!

Too old to die young!

Offline indytiger1050

• Tiger Supporter
  • Supreme Tiger
  • Bike/Model: 79 Honda 750L
  • City / Town: Indianapolis
« Reply #26 on: 02 July, 2020, 04:06:38 AM »
Well, finally back on track last Wed,!  Really hot day and I struggled a bit to be honest.  First time on the 6R with new tyres and brake pads to bed in as well  as never having ridden the bike.  Tyres didnt take long to heat up as you can imagine!  Started to feel more fluent by the end of the day so a good positive to take away for the next one. My kids have bought me a gazebo for future days so youll be able to share if youre riding down Yellow Dog?  and my van to put stuff in if you want!  Hope youre looking forward to August!

Look good.
Enjoy it while you can. I started too late, glad I had several years before needing to give it up.

Water, water and more water when it's hot. Ended up with a 4 foot garage fan to help between sessions.
Many made fun first AM when it was unloaded. By noon just about all would buy or rent one.
Support the forum.   :031:

Online Yellow Dog

• Tiger Supporter
  • Supreme Tiger
  • Bike/Model: 2018 Tiger 1050 Sport
  • City / Town: Quainton
« Reply #27 on: 02 July, 2020, 03:56:27 PM »

Looking good that man!

Yes please for a safe place to leave my gear. My daughter and her fella might be coming over to see if they can get any Youtube 'faux pas' shots of me making a fool of myself  :008:
2018 TIGER 1050 SPORT - 40,000Km with zero tyre wear & zero engine or chain wear (c8

Offline Fossil

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Master
« Reply #28 on: 02 July, 2020, 09:19:36 PM »
*Originally Posted by indytiger1050 [+]
Look good.
Enjoy it while you can. I started too late, glad I had several years before needing to give it up.

Water, water and more water when it's hot. Ended up with a 4 foot garage fan to help between sessions.
Many made fun first AM when it was unloaded. By noon just about all would buy or rent one.

You and me both Indy starting late! I'm 70 this Oct. so trying to make this year count as I know it's not for ever! My own fault for doing other stuff. Anyway, I got through 4ltrs. Of water plus a wet flannel on my head in between sessions which helped.  I don't have a genny so no fan sadly! To be fair it was exceptionall hot for the UK that day, 34C I think!  I saw one team with tyre warmers and fans going tho.

*Originally Posted by Yellow Dog [+]
Looking good that man!

Yes please for a safe place to leave my gear. My daughter and her fella might be coming over to see if they can get any Youtube 'faux pas' shots of me making a fool of myself  :008:

No worries mate!  Haha! You just delete the dodgy pics and pretend there weren't any!  See you soon :031:
Too old to die young!

Online Yellow Dog

• Tiger Supporter
  • Supreme Tiger
  • Bike/Model: 2018 Tiger 1050 Sport
  • City / Town: Quainton
« Reply #29 on: 03 July, 2020, 08:57:20 PM »
No worries mate!  Haha! You just delete the dodgy pics and pretend there weren't any!  See you soon :031:

Great photos  :062:

I just didn't want to use up the page space :114:
2018 TIGER 1050 SPORT - 40,000Km with zero tyre wear & zero engine or chain wear (c8