Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Why not add an avatar to your profile ?

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: New Triumph 900 on the way  (Read 1425 times)

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport (2014)
Re: New Triumph 900 on the way
« Reply #30 on: 06 December, 2019, 10:14:40 AM »
Must say I'm pretty disappointed with the looks. It still looks to me like a lot of Mechano pieces bolted together, especially around that top end of the headlight and screen. Clean it, how long will that take?

I'd like to have seen some design there, with screen, cockpit and light that flowed together a bit - some work there would have compensated for the obvious bolt-on bits of plastic lower down. I know design and new tooling costs, but if the 800-900 is to have a future, they could learn lessons from the design put into the original Tiger 1050.

Offline Woodie

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Pro
  • MBD (Multiple Bike Disorder) is a thing innit?
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050 2008
  • City / Town: Upper Bucklebury
« Reply #31 on: 16 December, 2019, 10:37:46 AM »
maybe it's just me but I am still NOT sold on the styling. I loved the shape of the old Tiger 1050 and the Tiger Sport but this is too blocky, too angular.

i'd like to think the bike would win me over but we all by bikes with our heart not our head and this just does not win me over.
I never touched it, you can't blame me, it went off when I was cleaning it.

Offline pcarnut

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: 2011 Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: Carlsbad
« Reply #32 on: 16 December, 2019, 04:49:14 PM »
I like the looks a lot, I think they did a great job updating the styling of the 800 which never quite grew on me.  But, disappointed about it being the same hp, and I love the triple sound and feel, so getting rid of that to make it more like a twin, on first blush doesn't sound good to me.  Since I can't get the 1050 Sport, was hoping this might be the next closest thing.  Very curious to hear what the reviews say.
2018 Tiger 1200
2014 TEx
2011 1050 SE
1984 R100S Last Edition