Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 2nd gear tapping noise  (Read 1297 times)

Online Yellow Dog

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2018 Tiger 1050 Sport
  • City / Town: Quainton
Re: 2nd gear tapping noise
« Reply #10 on: 15 November, 2019, 10:14:58 PM »
This thread has put me right off attempting a wheelie  :008:
2018 TIGER 1050 SPORT - 40,000Km with zero tyre wear & zero engine or chain wear (c8

Offline ZuluTiger

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 1050, KTM 1190 Adv.
  • City / Town: Suwanee
« Reply #11 on: 15 November, 2019, 10:50:53 PM »
 :0461:

Offline Grumpy old man

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: 2019 Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Te Awamutu
« Reply #12 on: 17 November, 2019, 06:09:34 PM »
Clutching up a wheelie has to be the most abusive way ever especially as the tiger will do it on torque alone easily in 1st gear and with a small road bump or over the lip of a rise in second  with traction control turned off

They will also leave black limes out of round a bouts and slow corners depending in rider skill levels

I learnt all these sort of things riding moto x bikes when I was 5-6-years old and still have to tell myself to pull my head in

A wheelie in NZ will get you a dangerous driving charge and an instant roadside license suspension if caught

That is why I love bikes with Traction control as they stop me doing this kind of thing automatically

MY ZX14-R  went through 7 rear tyres in 13,400 km's and only 2 fronts as I had the ecu flashed and could leave the Traction control off with no auto reset

Offline TCC

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: St Ives, Sydney
« Reply #13 on: 17 November, 2019, 10:59:43 PM »
Having to get the dealer identify the cause of a MIL (CEL) wouldn't be necessary if a basic OBDII diagnostic scanner was part of every riders tool box. At about 15 bucks it's a no brainer. And of course for pre-RbW bikes TuneECU makes it even easier.

Whilst it won't help identify a mechanical failure or fix the fault you get an idea of what's wrong instantly.

Offline Puccio

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport 2016
  • City / Town: Cingoli
« Reply #14 on: 18 November, 2019, 06:47:42 AM »
With a Sport model it's even simpler and cheaper than that: switching the ignition on while pressing both "up" and "info" buttons will display all stored codes on the dashboard.

Online Yellow Dog

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2018 Tiger 1050 Sport
  • City / Town: Quainton
« Reply #15 on: 18 November, 2019, 03:15:43 PM »
*Originally Posted by Puccio [+]
With a Sport model it's even simpler and cheaper than that: switching the ignition on while pressing both "up" and "info" buttons will display all stored codes on the dashboard.

Great information. Thanks  :062:

I find TuneECU for my Sport pretty useless, other than for the most basic stuff.
2018 TIGER 1050 SPORT - 40,000Km with zero tyre wear & zero engine or chain wear (c8

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport (2014)
« Reply #16 on: 19 November, 2019, 09:46:54 AM »
Very useful indeed!  :460:  Is that info in the handbook?

And does anybody actually read the handbook ... ?    :002:

Offline Puccio

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport 2016
  • City / Town: Cingoli
« Reply #17 on: 19 November, 2019, 11:50:41 AM »
I found this info some years ago, browsing through the Explorer forum; made a try with my Sport and it worked.
Actually, there's no reference for this videogame buttons combo in Triumph service manuals, I wonder how it was firstly being acknowledged.

Offline Freddy

• Tiger God
« Reply #18 on: 19 November, 2019, 12:42:50 PM »
Meanwhile, back on topic, we're waiting for an update from Ange.................... :028:
The best substitute for brains is ........what?

Offline mustangpilot

• Tiger Master
  • Other bike 2017 Speed Triple S (sold)
  • Bike/Model: 2017 Tiger Sport sold
« Reply #19 on: 21 November, 2019, 07:27:00 PM »
I found this info some years ago, browsing through the Explorer forum; made a try with my Sport and it worked.
Actually, there's no reference for this videogame buttons combo in Triumph service manuals, I wonder how it was firstly being acknowledged.
Maybe me ?? long ago? Mustangpilot aka Tritigex aka Skyrider on other Tiger/Trophy/Bonneville/Speed3 sites
Triumph centerstand and heated grips, Givi V47 and TRK52 topcase, Givi ST603 tanklock tankbag, Evotech radiator and oil cooler guard, Evotech crash bobbins, ExtendaFenda, Pyramid hugger extension, Puig Screen with spoiler, Zumo 396 with Zumolock holder on RAM mount, Remus can, GIVI PLR6404 pannier rack for GIVI Trekker Black 33/46/52ltr panniers, Triumph gel seat, Triumph rear mudguard extender, Osco chain oiler