Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Why not add an avatar to your profile ?

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Shocked and surprised  (Read 565 times)

Offline Winger

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 955
  • City / Town: Birmingham
Re: Shocked and surprised
« Reply #10 on: 12 November, 2019, 07:23:00 AM »
Timbox will be reading this and wondering how much im Going to say........ have done 5 WSB and 10 MotoGPs there including the first in 99 when we queued at 5.30am as punters and while still dark at 7am not an empty seat in the house.

When it comes to clothing be prepared for anything it can be freezing cold and blowing a gale,the complete opposite spent the weekend getting cooked and been glad we took shorts and tee shirts.

If you have transport to the track that will make life much easier we usually have a paddock 1 or 2 for parking which truly is a luxury but still need an early start on Sunday.

The Spanish dont do practice so dont expect a big crowd fri/sat and on Friday you can sit anywhere you like not so sat/Sunday.

If you walk out of the paddock past the tall commentary building there is also a grandstand just for paddock pass holders but make sure you go out of the other end of the paddock behind the grandstands(yellow) that connect corners 1/2 for other show stands selling the been there tee shirts.

If you have the time and your hotel is close spend some time in Valencia city its great.

Offline af1-windy

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike/Model: Tiger sport
  • City / Town: Leeds
« Reply #11 on: 12 November, 2019, 10:18:56 AM »
Thank you all for your replies..

As for the heart attack, can 3 minutes of exercise cause a heart attack..  :008:

Winger,, that's great info, just what I need having never visited this circuit.. thank you.

I will post photos on my return..

:031:  windy
« Last Edit: 12 November, 2019, 10:24:03 AM by af1-windy »

Offline af1-windy

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #12 on: 12 November, 2019, 10:23:11 AM »
*Originally Posted by Winger [+]
If you have the time and your hotel is close spend some time in Valencia city its great.

We have most of Friday and all of Monday to visit the city, Christine spent 18 years in Spain and talks the lingo like a local so getting around and finding places is easy.  :152:

windy

Offline Winger

• Tiger Master
« Reply #13 on: 12 November, 2019, 12:53:36 PM »
Blimey dont talk about Spanish connections we had a national come to stay with us for 2 weeks and stayed two years!!! As luck would have came from Alzira just down the road from Valencia and will be going to the GP no matter what next year.

As for the things to look at the Harbour area and the old part of Valencia city but as I said in the post take clothes for full blown winter and summer and sometimes on the same day because its wide open across the circuit there are few places to hide apart from hospitality.....

Who you going with Pole Position?

Offline af1-windy

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #14 on: 12 November, 2019, 01:13:00 PM »

Who you going with Pole Position?

One of the top three is my guess but if I was pushed I'd have to say Vinales, he was on pole there last year, I think, and Marquez doesn't need to be there and has nothing to prove, having said that, these guys just love to win anything and everything that's going.

I'm more into bikes and biking than I am the racing, I follow it but not a fanatic.. my brother lives and breaths motogp, you should have seen his face on Sunday.. ha ha  :008:  :164:

Offline Winger

• Tiger Master
« Reply #15 on: 12 November, 2019, 01:28:59 PM »
Sorry for laughing my wife and I are still rolling around on the floor :001: :001: :001: Pole Position is a MotoGP hospitality company

Offline af1-windy

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #16 on: 12 November, 2019, 02:11:57 PM »
Sorry for laughing my wife and I are still rolling around on the floor :001: :001: :001: Pole Position is a MotoGP hospitality company

Oh, I see..  :008: :008: :008: I have no idea, you have to remember, until Sunday afternoon I thought I was going on a cruise.. Christine has organised the whole trip and has all the paperwork.

She did a great job of matching a med cruise with the same dates and flying from Heathrow, The only thing that didn't match was, the med trip was 5 days and the Velencia trip is 4 so I paid for 5 days parking..

Pleased you both got a chuckle out of that..  :152: :008: :008: :008:

Offline Winger

• Tiger Master
« Reply #17 on: 12 November, 2019, 03:21:10 PM »
Youll love it the amount of money involved frankly boarders on the obscene and if you ever go to a WSB round you will feel like you are at a club race at Mallory park the contrast is that big.

But certainly will be an experience for you we are currently decorating and found our box of paddock passes they we have acquired reminded us of the miles and trips we done.

To be honest to would be great fun to go into our racing connection but that just doesnt work on the net better to stick to talking Tigers.

Enjoy and thank your wife  :001:

Offline af1-windy

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #18 on: 12 November, 2019, 03:23:24 PM »
Youll love it the amount of money involved frankly boarders on the obscene and if you ever go to a WSB round you will feel like you are at a club race at Mallory park the contrast is that big.

But certainly will be an experience for you we are currently decorating and found our box of paddock passes they we have acquired reminded us of the miles and trips we done.

To be honest to would be great fun to go into our racing connection but that just doesnt work on the net better to stick to talking Tigers.

Enjoy and thank your wife  :001:

Thank you, maybe catch up at a Tiger meet..  :031: windy

Offline JohnnyWheels

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: 2012 Tiger SE (red)
  • City / Town: Jackson, Mississippi
« Reply #19 on: 17 November, 2019, 01:56:29 PM »
Now that is a thoughtful lady!  :062:

Enjoy Valencia and start planning a cruise for when she really needs a break form the cold!
-----------------------------------------------------
2012 Tiger 1050 SE