Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Charging troubles again...  (Read 903 times)

Offline Mike_B

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Tonbridge
Re: Charging troubles again...
« Reply #20 on: 06 December, 2019, 07:49:13 AM »
*Originally Posted by Paul2bikes [+]
You got a link to that voltmeter?

Mine is almost identical to this one here:     http://tiny.cc/azrbhz  although mine has green LEDs rather than red.  I didn't want to get too used to seeing a red light in my peripheral vision, in case I then didn't notice a proper warning light.

You can get them off eBay too, although the stated delivery time from AliExpress was way longer than it actually took.    Not the prettiest model available but dirt cheap, clear to read, and so far been reliable.   I chopped the ring terminal off the positive lead, fitted a male spade connector, and then plugged it into a spare port on the relay panel so it only comes on with the ignition.   Then just cable tied the leads along the frame and up with the rest of the cables to the bars.   I have a sat-nav cradle on the left, and the voltmeter on the right side of the bars.

Offline Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
« Reply #21 on: 06 December, 2019, 09:26:58 AM »
Thanks Mike, I prefer that idea for going back to stock.  :062:
The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions.
Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport (2014)
« Reply #22 on: 06 December, 2019, 09:29:43 AM »
But looks much nicer if you do this though - IMHO ...

« Last Edit: 06 December, 2019, 09:33:11 AM by Paullie »

Offline Mike_B

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Tonbridge
« Reply #23 on: 06 December, 2019, 09:40:16 AM »
True, it does look tidy there.   The meter looks the same - did you just lose the longer back part with a saw?   Guess it doesnt need the waterproofing that part provides, if its mounted like that.

What else do you have on there?  Whats that rocker switch for?

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport (2014)
« Reply #24 on: 06 December, 2019, 09:48:52 AM »
Observant fettlers may have noticed that that pic is from my old 1050 Tiger (the panel is slightly different to the Sport one) - but I've done the same on the Sport. The rocker switch there is for the spot lights, so I could choose to have them on or not (there's also a relay behind the headlamp).

The voltmeter itself is quite shallow and has spade terminals on the back. So I had to make a whole mini-wiring loom for that panel. But it is a tight fit in that position, you cannot use a full-depth instrument in there or it'll catch on the cockpit fairing.

I should say that the Sport version now has the rocker switch where that socket was on the version shown - so now the rocker switch position is a mirror image of the heated grips switch on the left side. I've done away with the BMW-style socket on the Sport, as more options are available.

« Last Edit: 06 December, 2019, 09:54:07 AM by Paullie »