Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Quieter Exhaust  (Read 281 times)

Offline Kevmax

• Tiger Newbie
  • Bike/Model: Triumph Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: Nenagh
Quieter Exhaust
« on: 11 October, 2019, 05:33:55 PM »
Hi all,
First post. So hope this is the correct way of doing this.
I have a 2009 1050 se with a Beowulf exhaust. It has a great sound ( loads of bangs and pops). My issue is I do about 3hrs/day riding round trip at motorway speeds during the week and personally the noise level can get a little tiring. Im looking for a slightly quieter smoother exhaust note. With a budget of up to 500 ish. I still plan on putting the Beowulf back on for the weekend sprints around the lake. What would the general consensus on this be.

Many thanks in advance
Kev
« Last Edit: 11 October, 2019, 05:35:26 PM by Kevmax »

Offline orange99

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport 2018
  • City / Town: Edenbridge, Kent
Re: Quieter Exhaust
« Reply #1 on: 11 October, 2019, 05:42:05 PM »
I fitted a second hand Beowulf on my 955 Tiger and found it quite tiring so I contacted Beowulf and they sold me a longer baffle which quietened it down just enough.

They are a great company to deal with so maybe get a picture of the baffle you have in now and give them a call.
TDM 900 (Commuting duties),  Orange Tiger - gone but not forgotten.........2018 Tiger Sport & for a while a 1996 Sprint 900

Offline Kevmax

• Tiger Newbie
« Reply #2 on: 11 October, 2019, 05:55:40 PM »
Cheers Orange99.
That sounds like a plan. No harm in getting solution and testing it for a while. Cheaper than a new exhaust also. Whats the rough price that baffle ( if you can remember)?
Thanks again.

Offline orange99

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport 2018
  • City / Town: Edenbridge, Kent
« Reply #3 on: 11 October, 2019, 06:56:41 PM »
Mine was 26 posted - I guess it depends on what model you have but give them a call
TDM 900 (Commuting duties),  Orange Tiger - gone but not forgotten.........2018 Tiger Sport & for a while a 1996 Sprint 900

Offline Kevmax

• Tiger Newbie
« Reply #4 on: 11 October, 2019, 08:53:50 PM »
I can live with that price. I just dropped them a mail. Thanks a mill for the quick reply. Enjoy the weekend.