Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Why not add an avatar to your profile ?

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Gwerniago Camp site (Machynlleth)  (Read 467 times)

Offline Timbox

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Helga
  • City / Town: Newport
Gwerniago Camp site (Machynlleth)
« on: 08 October, 2019, 02:25:51 PM »
Just a couple of pics from the weekend,  pretty good campsite, nice location, ground seems well draining, had lots of rain but pitch remained pretty good, showers etc nice and clean, not much else there, you need to go back to Machynlleth for any eats etc  ( 2 mile away).  At least Friday night was ok for a few hours to get the tent set-up.

Oh, and one other bit of advice, dont come up here the same weekend as the WRC as we managed to do :125:

Ex Sport owner now on KTM 1290 SAS

Offline Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
Re: Gwerniago Camp site (Machynlleth)
« Reply #1 on: 08 October, 2019, 06:27:08 PM »
Looks a good campsite with the bench sets, they're brill for us bikers. Any pub within a walk?
The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions.
Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Timbox

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
« Reply #2 on: 08 October, 2019, 08:55:50 PM »
*Originally Posted by Paul2bikes [+]
Looks a good campsite with the bench sets, they're brill for us bikers. Any pub within a walk?

Not that I saw mate Im afraid, lads next to me brought there own and sat round an open fire which the site can provide all the stuff for, being Tea Total its not something I worry about

Offline Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
« Reply #3 on: 09 October, 2019, 07:00:55 AM »
*Originally Posted by Timbox [+]
Not that I saw mate Im afraid, lads next to me brought there own and sat round an open fire which the site can provide all the stuff for, being Tea Total its not something I worry about

I don't drink a lot these days but the pub is a handy place for a scran & chin wobble in the warm & dry, then I find it hard not to indulge.

Did you have a bad experience that turned you tea total or always been that way? One of my chums turned after waking proper poorly one morning, likely sumert he ate but he blamed the beer. Wish I had all the dosh I spent on it over me early years.
Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Timbox

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
« Reply #4 on: 09 October, 2019, 08:02:35 AM »
*Originally Posted by Paul2bikes [+]
I don't drink a lot these days but the pub is a handy place for a scran & chin wobble in the warm & dry, then I find it hard not to indulge.

Did you have a bad experience that turned you tea total or always been that way? One of my chums turned after waking proper poorly one morning, likely sumert he ate but he blamed the beer. Wish I had all the dosh I spent on it over me early years.

Wasnt me so much who had a bad experience but everyone around me,  :431: think Incredible Hulk. Took me a few years to realise but as a mate said, " You were a right horrible C... on the piss". The planet is a safer place with a sober Timbox :001:

Offline Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
« Reply #5 on: 09 October, 2019, 08:17:20 AM »
*Originally Posted by Timbox [+]
Wasnt me so much who had a bad experience but everyone around me,  :431: think Incredible Hulk. Took me a few years to realise but as a mate said, " You were a right horrible C... on the piss". The planet is a safer place with a sober Timbox :001:

Ok m8, understandable. I know a boy that booze affects similar, lovely fella do owt for ya when sober. He had a 10 year bar from all the pubs in the area, sentence served aged 65 but then got barred from most of the pubs again within 12 months. After a triple bypass & age 70, he appears to have given up scrapping. he's only 5'-6" & 4ft wide.
Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport (2014)
« Reply #6 on: 09 October, 2019, 01:54:36 PM »
Funny how booze affects people. Some get really agressive, some turn maudlin, and some (like me) just kind of doze off  ......  :180:

Offline Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
« Reply #7 on: 09 October, 2019, 08:04:28 PM »
It makes me thirsty  :031:
Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Timbox

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
« Reply #8 on: 13 October, 2019, 09:10:09 AM »
Ban me if you like, but thought id post a little vid of part of the weekend, the bike in Front is a Triumph (800XC), bike behind was a 1200,  and it was a Triumph group ride :010:

« Last Edit: 13 October, 2019, 09:12:43 AM by Timbox »

Offline Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
« Reply #9 on: 13 October, 2019, 09:32:03 AM »
Brilliant countryside. Needs a better position for the camera, screen spoils the vid. Some of those roads get a tad nadgery eh m8, all ya needs is a crazy local coming tutha way. I was in Bala one day & put shortest route home in an old Tom-Tom, it took me down the steepest nadgeriest gravelly track to a stream with a tree int middle. I had to get off bike & do a twenty point turn to go back. I'll not put shortest or windy in again when in Wales.
Leonardo da Vinci