Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Why not add an avatar to your profile ?

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: I think it's done !! ??  (Read 839 times)

Offline af1-windy

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike/Model: Tiger sport
  • City / Town: Leeds
I think it's done !! ??
« on: 04 October, 2019, 10:22:12 AM »
Well, I decided early on in my ownership that this bike is a keeper so I've spent some time and some 's getting it how I want to to look, ride and perform in all weather conditions and for long trips.  :001:

Some stuff is just for the hell of it, mostly it's functional. Here's the list of what I've done, hopefully I haven't missed anything off.

Palmer Screen Bracket with accessory bar + Puig deflector.
Accessory bar fitted with tomtom rider docking thing, wired to switched power supply.
Auxiliary lights and light bracket.
Innovv K2 camera
Kappa tank ring and 5l bag
Mottografix tank protector
YSS shock with remote reservoir.
Heed crash bars
Tony Archer seat (bought from member on here)  :001:
S W Motech Rack + Givi plate (bought from member on here)  :001:
Remus Ti exhaust (bought from member on here)  :001:
58l Trekker, on offer, couldn't resist. Big but doesn't look as bad as I was expecting it to look.  :164:
Heated Grips (on when I bought the bike)
Screen braces (fitted my self)
Lowering links 25mm (forks through 18mm)
Hand Gaurds

The performance is good enough not to have to spend money in that area. It's now, comfortable, practical, I can see in the dark, it goes round bends like it's on rails, I can find my way around Europe with the satnav.. and it looks great. Very happy!!

Lots of stuff stripped, cleaned or rubbed down and re painted.
Dogbone stripped and fitted with new bearing and bush (it was seized)
Stripped and cleaned all brake calipers
General all over clean in all nooks and crannies

Most of the funds came from selling stuff I had from the ZRX1200r I sold to buy the TS plus the panniers from the TS which went to the Green Isle..

That's it, it's done. Wales in a few weeks and maybe a quick dash to France before the end of the year.  :300:

Start planning trips for next year which will include a week in the alps or Dolomite's or both  :152:

« Last Edit: 04 October, 2019, 10:30:36 AM by af1-windy »

Online Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
Re: I think it's done !! ??
« Reply #1 on: 04 October, 2019, 11:41:58 AM »
That all sounds great, especially the planned trips to the Alps & Dolomites.
The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions.
Leonardo da Vinci

Online Yellow Dog

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2018 Tiger 1050 Sport
  • City / Town: Quainton
« Reply #2 on: 04 October, 2019, 12:52:21 PM »
Well done  :062:

Will be interested to hear how you get on with the YSS Shock. Is it adjustable?

Also, other than lowering, are the front forks still the OEM version, or do you have future plans for this area?
2018 TIGER 1050 SPORT - 40,000Km with zero tyre wear & zero engine or chain wear (c8

Offline af1-windy

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #3 on: 04 October, 2019, 01:11:05 PM »
*Originally Posted by Yellow Dog [+]
Well done  :062:

Will be interested to hear how you get on with the YSS Shock. Is it adjustable?

Also, other than lowering, are the front forks still the OEM version, or do you have future plans for this area?

Yes, fully adjustable, seems OK, done about 500 miles with it, 180 of them 2 up.

It's been tweaked since then but haven't ridden with the changes yet.

Forks are standard, not sure the YSS is good enough to show them up but need a track day to really get a handle on things. Pretty sure my other half has sorted a track day for my 60th ..  :020:

Cheers, windy

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport (2014)
« Reply #4 on: 05 October, 2019, 12:25:29 PM »
Well come on, let's see a pic of the finished article!  :002:  BTW, and no panniers ..?

Offline af1-windy

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #5 on: 06 October, 2019, 06:21:05 PM »
*Originally Posted by Paullie [+]
Well come on, let's see a pic of the finished article!  :002:  BTW, and no panniers ..?

Triumph panniers are heavy and not much space and what storage space there is is an awkward shape..

I have photos on my phone but my lead is at work and this laptop at home is slow as  :172: :232: so I'll post pics tomorrow when I get to work  :001:

Online Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
« Reply #6 on: 06 October, 2019, 06:26:13 PM »
So, what are you using in place of the oe panniers? I know they're shoite, mine are in the loft.
The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions.
Leonardo da Vinci

Offline af1-windy

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #7 on: 06 October, 2019, 07:07:45 PM »
Back box, small tank bag.

I have a tool roll for, err, tools ( :007:) this straps to the very back of the seat up against the bottom of the box and a small bag that fits to the handle bar with puncture repair kit, torch and a multi tool. I try to keep any weight as low as possible.

If I'm 2 up it's just a day out or a few days in France with one of my daughters so I can squeeze in enough stuff for 2 for a few days.

If I wanted to camp there's room on the back seat and I could strap stuff to the top of the top box.

When I had the ZRX1200r I had panniers fitted but the were E36's slim'ish and a good shape. Only down side was, when there's room you fill it and I, more often than not, ended up over heavy..

Not having as much space means I have to put more thought in to packing and also be more innovative.

windy   :031:
« Last Edit: 06 October, 2019, 07:11:16 PM by af1-windy »

Offline af1-windy

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #8 on: 07 October, 2019, 07:50:42 AM »
Photos as promised..

Not brilliant, camera on phone and poor lighting.

The bag on the back box is from the handlebars, it's just there to be out of the way..

Packing cubes are from amazon "available from other quality suppliers"  they're for keeping stuff tidy in suitcases etc, managed to get some the right size to fit in the bottom of the box. They're 75mm or 7.5cm or 3" in English. Tools, plug in tyre pump, first aid kit, waterproofs etc. all easy to get at and I can use stuff without disturbing the other stuff.

I have a sports bag that fits perfectly ontop of them, fills the rest of the box nice and snug. Also have an elastic net in the lid for small stuff and paperwork..

« Last Edit: 07 October, 2019, 08:01:29 AM by af1-windy »

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport (2014)
« Reply #9 on: 07 October, 2019, 11:41:18 AM »
Cleaner than mine, beGod! Puts me to shame ....  :003: Like what you said about being innovative though, I always end up with overloaded panners (though getting better now that I've learnt to fully exploit the throwaway society  :087: ).

Is that the standard screen on the Palmer mount? And can you ride visor up at speed with that?

ps. Wbere did you get the 'Triumph Parking Only' sticker?
« Last Edit: 07 October, 2019, 11:44:04 AM by Paullie »