Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Why not add an avatar to your profile ?

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Winglets on the 2016+ TS  (Read 801 times)

Online Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
Re: Winglets on the 2016+ TS
« Reply #10 on: 11 October, 2019, 05:40:26 PM »
*Originally Posted by orange99 [+]
My mate fitted them to his 2014 sport - his main complaint when fitting was that the retaining lugs  kept pushing through into the fairing - maybe slightly longer screws would have helped. I've just noticed how many stickers he's fitted!

Thanks for the pics, so he fitted them under the screen if I'm seeing right? I can understand why he pushed the well nuts through, pushing the screen out that few mm put's them out of line. I had it when fitting some 5mm spacers, dunno how anybody fitted bigger spacers but some have, mebbe by elongating the screen holes.

Looks a good job, does it work? What's the mate say?

Did he put spacers under the lower part of the screen to keep it level in that plane.
« Last Edit: 11 October, 2019, 05:47:51 PM by Paul2bikes »
The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions.
Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport (2014)
« Reply #11 on: 11 October, 2019, 11:45:29 PM »
My mate fitted them to his 2014 sport - his main complaint when fitting was that the retaining lugs  kept pushing through into the fairing - maybe slightly longer screws would have helped. I've just noticed how many stickers he's fitted!
Does he find it an improvement? I tried spacers on my old T1050, and interestingly what it did was to lift the noticeable wind turbulence into a higher speed range - more air getting behind the screen I guess. But I took them off because the screen flapped about so much in crosswinds it was a bit unnerving.
« Last Edit: 11 October, 2019, 11:49:58 PM by Paullie »

Offline orange99

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport 2018
  • City / Town: Edenbridge, Kent
« Reply #12 on: 14 October, 2019, 03:19:06 PM »
He didn't use any additional spacers and kept the original screws - he said it made some difference but not a massive amount.

He still wasn't happy though so has now fitted a Palmer products screen bracket and a touring screen and that has made all of the difference. We just rode about 3000 miles around Europe and he was very happy with it, one noticeable difference was that he had a lot more dead flies on his screen than mine! I'm not sure exactly what that proves but he's happy.
« Last Edit: 14 October, 2019, 03:24:15 PM by orange99 »
TDM 900 (Commuting duties),  Orange Tiger - gone but not forgotten.........2018 Tiger Sport & for a while a 1996 Sprint 900

Online af1-windy

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike/Model: Tiger sport
  • City / Town: Leeds
« Reply #13 on: 14 October, 2019, 04:00:58 PM »
one noticeable difference was that he had a lot more dead flies on his screen than mine! I'm not sure exactly what that proves but he's happy.

It proves you're slower than your mate so the flies see you coming and have time to get out of the way...  :001:   :038:

On a more serious note and keeping it on topic, I have the Palmer Bracket, OE screen and puig thingy.. works well..  :028:

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport (2014)
« Reply #14 on: 15 October, 2019, 10:37:29 AM »
*Originally Posted by af1-windy [+]
On a more serious note and keeping it on topic, I have the Palmer Bracket, OE screen and puig thingy.. works well..  :028:

You don't notice too much air, or more specifically rain, coming up behind the screen?

Online af1-windy

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike/Model: Tiger sport
  • City / Town: Leeds
« Reply #15 on: 15 October, 2019, 11:46:35 AM »
*Originally Posted by Paullie [+]

You don't notice too much air, or more specifically rain, coming up behind the screen?

No, I haven't but riding to Wales weekend of 27th/27th and I'm pretty sure we'll see some rain so I'll make a point of checking it out. :028:

I do have the baffle thing fitted which fills the gap so that'll help I suppose. :084:

Before the TS I had a ZRX1200r for 4 years so I'm not a stranger to wind and rain in me face so I probably wouldn't really notice and less it was particularly bad  :005: :001:
« Last Edit: 15 October, 2019, 11:49:13 AM by af1-windy »