Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Pillion Comfort  (Read 555 times)

Offline pudder

• Tiger Newbie
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050 Sport
  • City / Town: Weston-S-Mare
Re: Pillion Comfort
« Reply #10 on: 17 September, 2019, 10:25:21 AM »
*Originally Posted by Paul2bikes [+]
Who said that?

*Originally Posted by TCC [+]
Rule No. 1. Stop your pillion from leaning in corners. This is a major error.

However reading more thoroughly I now realise it goes on to say lean with the bike.
I read the bold headline and misunderstood the implication.

Offline gosling 1

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: '08 Orange Tiger
  • City / Town: Connecticut
« Reply #11 on: 17 September, 2019, 12:26:37 PM »
Passenger comfort is very subjective, the size of your passenger is a large part of the equation. When I purchased my Tiger, my significant other was 5'-11" with very long legs. She did not get on with the Tiger's high step up passenger seat. She said it was like trying to hold on to a bar stool at 80 mph! I was looking for a sport touring bike with a flatter rider/passenger seat but the relationship ended before I found one. :019: My next passenger, (now Mrs. Gosling :001:), is just under 5'-3" and loves the Tiger's stepped seat. It gives her a view other than the back of my shoulders. The stock seat's passenger section did have her sliding into me so I installed a Seat Concepts cover and foam that has a level passenger section with anti slip vinyl on that part of the seat. Also, using a topbox with a back pad gives her a more secure feeling, she does not lean against it but likes to know it's there when I get a bit throttle happy. :164:
Larger than life and twice as ugly!

Offline ZuluTiger

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 1050, KTM 1190 Adv.
  • City / Town: Suwanee
« Reply #12 on: 17 September, 2019, 03:47:51 PM »
My wife is tall and long legged so has no use for the Tiger which she also finds difficult to mount. I've given up trying to get her aboard....