Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Why not add an avatar to your profile ?

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Thieves  (Read 476 times)

Offline Magnetman

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport 2014
  • City / Town: Runcorn
Thieves
« on: 13 September, 2019, 11:12:43 PM »
Started a new job in Manchester a couple of weeks ago and yesterday went to work on the Tiger for the first time to the new place. Chained the bike to a bike security bracket, put a disc lock on front wheel and a U-lock through back wheel parked at side of our building. When I got back to bike at end of day I found a note stuck to it with a phone number asking me to call about an incident with the bike.
So gave a call and was told that a group of scrotes on scooters had been all over my bike checking out the locks etc obviously with a view to stealing it. Glad I'd put all the security on that I had but very worrying that there was such a close call within a few hours of parking up on the first day I'd used it to go to Manchester.
Just be careful when you're leaving your bike anywhere and make sure you lock it up well.

Offline ZuluTiger

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 1050, KTM 1190 Adv.
  • City / Town: Suwanee
Re: Thieves
« Reply #1 on: 14 September, 2019, 12:51:45 AM »
Might as well move to South Africa. Same level of scrotes but better weather and you can legally own a firearm. We keep upping our level of defense but surely there comes a time when we can start Darwinning these parasites? The worms who target us are not needy, in fact are highly organized. They're funding drug addiction, not starvation. Or big lifestyles, not desperation. We need laws that embody the idea of 'Stand your ground' and might need to sacrifice a few marginal miscreants until the message gets through. I saw two Korean folks (must be new arrivals since most drive Lexus's) at my local Lowes Store today. Rode in on bicycles. Proceeded to strip their bikes of kit, saddles, etc. before going into the store. I was tempted to tell them that Sergeant Stevens was parked in the lot and they were fine but maybe their caution is what we all need. Maybe a little non-insane gunplay in the parking lot is actually called for. When do regular folks just go militia and take back the community!!!!? 

Offline Timbox

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Helga
  • City / Town: Newport
« Reply #2 on: 14 September, 2019, 07:58:40 AM »
In certain parts of London they dont wait for you to leave it, they just surround you and kick you off the bike. Before you panic dont think its that common but it has happened.
Ex Sport owner now on KTM 1290 SAS

Offline Yellow Dog

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2018 Tiger 1050 Sport
  • City / Town: Quainton
« Reply #3 on: 14 September, 2019, 08:58:58 AM »
IME - Manchester is No.2 to Liverpool.

Never had a problem in London, however I do know London well and there are areas that I would certainly avoid like the plague.

ZT - I doubt your idea would face much resistance, even from the over liberalised Europeans. Stealing someone's bike is a very personal assault and emotions are instantly replaced by instincts  :031:
2018 TIGER 1050 SPORT (c8

Offline Timbox

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
« Reply #4 on: 14 September, 2019, 09:46:00 AM »
True story. In around 1978 I was living in Hayes, Bromley. One of the local pubs was used by a local Chapter of the Hells Angels. An absolute dick head insane person decided to nick one of their bikes, god knows what he was thinking.

They found him quite quickly and retrived the bike then tied him up and then dragged him down the road attached to the back of a Ford Transit, bit extreme maybe?

Offline Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
« Reply #5 on: 14 September, 2019, 09:50:45 AM »
*Originally Posted by Timbox [+]
True story. In around 1978 I was living in Hayes, Bromley. One of the local pubs was used by a local Chapter of the Hells Angels. An absolute dick head insane person decided to nick one of their bikes, god knows what he was thinking.

They found him quite quickly and retrived the bike then tied him up and then dragged him down the road attached to the back of a Ford Transit, bit extreme maybe?

Did they poo & wee on him then?
The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions.
Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Timbox

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
« Reply #6 on: 14 September, 2019, 09:53:41 AM »
*Originally Posted by Paul2bikes [+]
Did they poo & wee on him then?

Probably mate, though my memory does maybe recall that he might have ended up in a box and a few of them going to prison

Offline Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
« Reply #7 on: 14 September, 2019, 10:40:35 AM »
Bike theft is bad in Manchester & Liverpool but way down the list. Huddersfield is worst place for it in the north of England, likely an organised gang operating there. Still nowhere near the southern regions.

https://www.visordown.com/news/general/uks-worst-motorcycle-theft-regions-revealed

Similar all over Europe.

https://www.bikerandbike.co.uk/uk-far-worst-motorcycle-theft/
The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions.
Leonardo da Vinci

Online Winger

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 955
  • City / Town: Birmingham
« Reply #8 on: 15 September, 2019, 08:45:37 PM »
Ive had two bikes stolen and the simple solution to stop such is never leave your bike anywhere not even on your drive as soon as im home it gets put into the garage in seconds.

Offline ZuluTiger

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 1050, KTM 1190 Adv.
  • City / Town: Suwanee
« Reply #9 on: 15 September, 2019, 10:23:39 PM »
I attended my local HOA meeting last week and we had our PACT officer give us an update. His feedback? "Essentially you area has zero crime......!" Howzat! Big difference between north and south Atlanta greater environs. He did not count wives beating their husbands or other domestic incidents which are similarly low occurrence. I'm not condoning anything but my county cops (Gwinnett) make the news regularly because they tend to shoot as soon as the threat is obvious. At the same time they are highly professional and well equipped so every incident is on the record from the time they start the blue lights flashing which triggers their body cams. My 'city' cop now has the same hardware and he says it freaked them out at first but has proven to be a game changer. The camera saves them from the drive-by media (and ambulance chasers) every day. He was also proud to be getting long guns and handguns with integral flashlights as he explained that clearing a scene while trying to hold a Maglite and a weapon got many cops injured before they could retaliate. They're also now having their 30-year old shotguns replaced. Tough world for these guys when you hear about the practical problems they have. I'm dang sure grateful to have them on the beat and doing such a good job.