Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Resetting service spanner?  (Read 239 times)

Offline nuntius

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: tiger sport
  • City / Town: Leeds
Resetting service spanner?
« on: 13 September, 2019, 06:14:10 PM »
Has anyone bought an ECU bluetooth interface recently to use in order to reset the service spanner?  I have searched but the last post I found was from 2015 and I am hoping for someone with knowledge of a more up to date unit or is it possible to reset it using another method these days?

Offline seangee

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2016 Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Bracknell
Re: Resetting service spanner?
« Reply #1 on: 13 September, 2019, 06:36:45 PM »
I use TuneECU and their recommended dongle (lonelec).
Does what it says on the tin.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Offline Mike_B

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Tonbridge
« Reply #2 on: 13 September, 2019, 10:46:39 PM »
Your other main option is DealerTool, which costs more, but does give you the option of opening the ABS valves when changing the brake fluid.   You need a laptop to run it from too.

I *think* Tune ECU method needs an Android phone to work with a Bluetooth dongle.   Good option if you have one, but could be a problem if youre an iPhone user...   happy to be corrected if thats not the case though.

Offline nuntius

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Member
« Reply #3 on: 13 September, 2019, 10:52:05 PM »
*Originally Posted by Mike_B [+]
Your other main option is DealerTool, which costs more, but does give you the option of opening the ABS valves when changing the brake fluid.   You need a laptop to run it from too.

I *think* Tune ECU method needs an Android phone to work with a Bluetooth dongle.   Good option if you have one, but could be a problem if youre an iPhone user...   happy to be corrected if thats not the case though.

Cheers gents,  I have a Bluetooth dongle ordered and hope to get it in a couple of days.

Offline seangee

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2016 Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Bracknell
« Reply #4 on: 13 September, 2019, 11:00:06 PM »

TuneECU does the ABS bleeding too.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Offline nuntius

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Member
« Reply #5 on: 13 September, 2019, 11:03:29 PM »
*Originally Posted by seangee [+]
TuneECU does the ABS bleeding too.
excellent!

Offline Timbox

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Helga
  • City / Town: Newport
« Reply #6 on: 14 September, 2019, 08:06:18 AM »

Yeah, I bought Dealertool first as at the time I didnt have an Android phone and I actually prefered the fact I could use it with a standard laptop (Bigger screen for my aged eyes :008:) But, for on the road just having your phone and dongle in your pocket is well handy, Tune ECU will also work with anyones bike, Dealertool is locked to your vin number unless you pay extra for the workshop version.
Ex Sport owner now on KTM 1290 SAS