Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Why not add an avatar to your profile ?

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Why is nothing straight forward?  (Read 989 times)

Offline DaveH

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050 Sport
  • City / Town: Belper
Re: Why is nothing straight forward?
« Reply #20 on: 14 September, 2019, 07:56:50 AM »
*Originally Posted by nuntius [+]
  One last thing, is there any way of clearing the (spanner) service light? :031:

Three Heat cycles, Tuneecu or Dealertool.
Tiger 1050 Sport :001:
Honda VFR800 VTEC :152:
Moto Morini Corsaro 1200 :037:

Offline Timbox

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Helga
  • City / Town: Newport
« Reply #21 on: 14 September, 2019, 08:01:34 AM »
*Originally Posted by nuntius [+]
Just back from a quick ride to Route 59 Cafe near Skipton (great butties, staff and customers) good roads and scenery, well worth a visit.  The tiger is running very well and the combination of new iridium plugs and a K&N air filter has her performing better than ever (smoother) right through the rev range but most noticeably at higher revs.  I do have an engine management light on but believe this should reser after three heat cycles?  Please note that when fitting a K&N filter you need to use the seal from your original air filter as it doesn't come with its own.  I didn't realise this and had to go searching through my bin to find my old filter.  Thanks again for the help and offers of assistance.  One last thing, is there any way of clearing the (spanner) service light? :031:

Which seal are you talking about? The one that goes round the edge of the airbox?  No filters, including the genuine come with that, seperate part.
Ex Sport owner now on KTM 1290 SAS

Offline Mike_B

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Tonbridge
« Reply #22 on: 14 September, 2019, 08:40:59 AM »
The filter itself has a rubber strip that ensures a airtight fit onto the airbox.    Its easy to miss because it really is quite thin (kinda like rubbery string).  I had seen it mentioned on here so was looking for it when I did mine, but Im genuinely not sure I would have noticed it otherwise.   Be very easy to miss that step out.

Offline nuntius

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: tiger sport
  • City / Town: Leeds
« Reply #23 on: 14 September, 2019, 11:13:50 AM »
*Originally Posted by Mike_B [+]
The filter itself has a rubber strip that ensures a airtight fit onto the airbox.    Its easy to miss because it really is quite thin (kinda like rubbery string).  I had seen it mentioned on here so was looking for it when I did mine, but Im genuinely not sure I would have noticed it otherwise.   Be very easy to miss that step out.

Indeed, I assumed that I just had to pull the old one out and bung the new one in.  It wasn't until I was throwing away the packaging that I saw the instructions about fitting the gasket.  Never too old to learn I guess.   :062:

Offline nuntius

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Member
« Reply #24 on: 14 September, 2019, 11:18:58 AM »
*Originally Posted by Timbox [+]
Which seal are you talking about? The one that goes round the edge of the airbox?  No filters, including the genuine come with that, seperate part.

It may well be a part of the air box but came off with the old filter and I didn't realise it was even there and had to be removed from it and refitted.   :002:

Offline Ukwes

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: 2016 Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Hastings
« Reply #25 on: 14 September, 2019, 11:38:20 AM »
Three Heat cycles, Tuneecu or Dealertool

Does the service spanner clear on its own after 3 heat cycles?
Other bikes: 2017 Speed Triple R,  ZXR 400 race bike for track days and Fantic 250 Casa for green lanes

Offline nuntius

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Member
« Reply #26 on: 14 September, 2019, 11:41:07 AM »
*Originally Posted by Ukwes [+]
Does the service spanner clear on its own after 3 heat cycles?

Mine hasn't after 3 or 4 weeks.

Offline Mike_B

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Tonbridge
« Reply #27 on: 14 September, 2019, 11:41:56 AM »
No the service spanner remains until it is manually reset.

The check engine light will clear itself though, as long as it doesnt detect the same error condition for three cycles.