Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Why not add an avatar to your profile ?

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Windshield  (Read 490 times)

Online af1-windy

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike/Model: Tiger sport
  • City / Town: Leeds
Re: Windshield
« Reply #10 on: 11 September, 2019, 09:13:12 AM »
*Originally Posted by Timbox [+]
Hmmm, sometimes depends on :
a) Whether you like your neighbours
b) How loud it is, can be a bit much on long M-way trips even with ear-plugs.

In fairness it's not too loud unless you're giving it some berries..  :015: lovely burble on the overrun..  :001:

I had a firestorm with race moriwaki full system some years back. When it was on tick-over in the garage you could see the pulses on the kitchen window, it would also set many car alarms off as I rode off through the estate..  :005:

It had to go, that one was a tad loud..  :164:

Offline Fourbears

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: Norwich
« Reply #11 on: 11 September, 2019, 05:12:43 PM »
*Originally Posted by af1-windy [+]
Check out this site, take a look at the screen adjustable bracket and maybe their taller screen.

I'm 5'-7" and it works great for me 90mph with visor up. I have OE sport screen.

Click on products then select your bike..

http://www.palmerproducts.co.uk/

:031: windy
Windy I have the Palmer set up too although with the standard screen.  I also have a MRA Vario but wasn't sure if it would work or strain the fairing too much.  I'm 5' 8 3/4" and have tried it in different settings but still get turbulence around my head shaking it.  Should I change the screen or put the Palmer bracket into the lowest setting?

Offline seangee

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2016 Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Bracknell
« Reply #12 on: 11 September, 2019, 06:54:04 PM »
Word of caution guys - three posters on this thread (about screens) have 3 different models  :164:
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Online leew

• Tiger Newbie
  • Bike/Model: 1050 Sport 2015
  • City / Town: Gravesend
« Reply #13 on: 11 September, 2019, 07:40:29 PM »
I tried the palmer, wasn't for me, felt a bit wobbly, didn't like the look & got too much air under the screen(I'm 5'10'') look up The Givi D225st or Kappa KD225ST(same screen, Kappa is cheaper & they are all the same regardless of model if you check the part numbers). If you get one be a bit careful fitting it, they are Perspex as opposed to Lexan & I managed to put a small crack in mine :107: (drilled a small hole to stop crack going any further, filled it with resin & sprayed the bottom black, still shows but not too bad).

Offline Magnetman

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport 2014
  • City / Town: Runcorn
« Reply #14 on: 11 September, 2019, 09:43:21 PM »
*Originally Posted by af1-windy [+]
Out   :001: is there any other way?  :164:  :001:
Good man! Running my Remus with baffle out and sounds great especially on the overrun.  :152:

Online af1-windy

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #15 on: 12 September, 2019, 08:23:52 AM »
*Originally Posted by Fourbears [+]
Windy I have the Palmer set up too although with the standard screen.  I also have a MRA Vario but wasn't sure if it would work or strain the fairing too much.  I'm 5' 8 3/4" and have tried it in different settings but still get turbulence around my head shaking it.  Should I change the screen or put the Palmer bracket into the lowest setting?

OE Screen; Initially I had the bracket set on the lowest position with it furthest away (at the top) with a puig deflector in the lowest, closest to the screen position and it worked fine for me. After 3k miles like this I have decided to try with the screen at it's highest position, furthest away and with the puig deflector as it is, I'll be riding this weekend so will report back. :300: :300: :300:

Bear in mind, in recent years, I have done 40k miles on a Tuono and 10k miles on a ZRX1200r so I'm used to a bit of wind blast.. wind blast I can live with  :001: juddering and buffeting I can not..  :232:

We should organise a meet, have a look at various set ups and maybe on a straight quiet road, swap rides and have a quick blast...  :152: while keeping an eye out for  :121:

Online af1-windy

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #16 on: 12 September, 2019, 08:36:34 AM »
*Originally Posted by leew [+]
I tried the palmer, wasn't for me, felt a bit wobbly, didn't like the look & got too much air under the screen(I'm 5'10'') look up The Givi D225st or Kappa KD225ST(same screen, Kappa is cheaper & they are all the same regardless of model if you check the part numbers). If you get one be a bit careful fitting it, they are Perspex as opposed to Lexan & I managed to put a small crack in mine :107: (drilled a small hole to stop crack going any further, filled it with resin & sprayed the bottom black, still shows but not too bad).

I noticed the wobble but after buying and fitting their accessory bar it has stabilised it..

They sent it with alan head bolts and steel washers, which looked like a bodge, I contacted them and they kindly sent some cup washers and countersunk bolts.. see photo... :152:

Offline kali68

• Tiger Newbie
  • Bike/Model: 1050 Sport 2015
  • City / Town: TUNGELSTA
« Reply #17 on: 13 September, 2019, 01:42:25 PM »
I have a GPR slipon and the baffle out, and Im lucky that I dont have any next door neighbours  :123: