Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Ludicrous Panniers & Luggage Systems  (Read 824 times)

Offline Timbox

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Helga
  • City / Town: Newport
Re: Ludicrous Panniers & Luggage Systems
« Reply #20 on: 11 September, 2019, 08:51:32 AM »
*Originally Posted by Paul2bikes [+]
Aye m8, that's a bit tiny innit. I have several tents. I currently take a Vango Tempest 300 when I go light for Euro touring and a Eureka Bighorn for Scotland. The Galaxy 300 I've had for 3,1/2 years, it did 2 weeks of rain & wind on IOM up on Peel campsite & maybe 20 rallies since, still good.

Most important thing, for me, is that I can at least kneel up to take a pee in me container when I wake in the night, without me head in the roof. And, if weather is bad, to be able to make breakfast & a brew indoors safely, sitting on a seat.

I'll be honest, I still lean towards an Ibis :008:
Ex Sport owner now on KTM 1290 SAS

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport (2014)
« Reply #21 on: 11 September, 2019, 02:33:18 PM »
I use a Vango 350 something, tall enough to kneel upright in for the important stuff (as P2B notes), but also with an enclosed porch area to entertain during the wet intervals. Not quite as tall as Paul's, but also a bit lighter at 4 Kg. It was the shorter-section aluminium poles that made the difference in packing, compared to the previous tent's longer (but stronger) fibreglass ones.

So, how many know how to cross-lash-down a tent for stormy weather? (must admit, I've only ever had to do it once).

Offline Sam Platt

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport 2018
  • City / Town: Morecambe
« Reply #22 on: 11 September, 2019, 04:02:39 PM »
Years ago I travelled to the Arctic circle with my Mrs on a VFR800, I borrowed some Givi panniers and we were heavily loaded up. Getting off the ferry in Southern Norway I was unsure of the way out of the port so I pulled over to ask a group of English bikers if they could help, unfortunately I had forgotten about the panniers and almost ended up with me and a guy on a pan European on the floor.
 Several days and hundreds of miles later and not seeing another British vehicle I was parked in the Arctic circle visitors centre car park when two bikes pulled up I got talking to them and they said they were waiting for a mate to arrive, yes, the guy on the Pan!. I kept my distance this time and apologised to him.

Offline Timbox

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Helga
  • City / Town: Newport
« Reply #23 on: 17 September, 2019, 06:07:31 PM »
*Originally Posted by Paul2bikes [+]
We have to have some little luxuries at the bike rallies. I travel a tad lighter on tour. That tent fits in the bottom of my smaller (exhaust side) pannier. Lovely to stand up to pull yer pants up.

So partly on your recommendation mate, and I liked the look of it,  Ive bought a Galaxy too, but the 200 version as it will only ever be me and although not quite as tall as yours I can almost stand up in it, came with the footprint too. Not brand new but hardly used it appears.  Also got an Exped Syn7 air mattress coming
Ex Sport owner now on KTM 1290 SAS

Online Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
« Reply #24 on: 17 September, 2019, 06:35:07 PM »
You'll not regret that bit of comfort Tim. The Exped 70 down/air mat is brill. Just don't blow it up by gob, it ruins it. I use an electric pump 'cos I can't be arsed with doing it by hand.
The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions.
Leonardo da Vinci