Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Why not add an avatar to your profile ?

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tomtom rider mounting  (Read 427 times)

Offline af1-windy

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike/Model: Tiger sport
  • City / Town: Leeds
Tomtom rider mounting
« on: 09 September, 2019, 07:31:25 AM »
Wasn't sure where to post this one.. :084: It's not wiring or lighting etc. but it is tiger related.  :006:

I've had the tomtom rider in a couple of different places so far, to the side of me, in front on a home made bracket but for one or more reasons I didn't like them. So, my solution is as follows.

A while back I  bought the Palmer Products screen Bracket and last week I purchased the accessory bar, 18mm, Black to match the bracket. :152:

Then I bought some 18mm Stainless steel P clamps and did this; see photos. Last photo is taken through the screen so you can see how it looks from the back, err front..

It's rock solid, I can grab it and shake the bike, nothing on the screen or bracket moves..

Also fitted a gel tank protector, the black triumph one that came with the bike did a good job but was a bit dull..  :180:

« Last Edit: 09 September, 2019, 07:39:55 AM by af1-windy »

Online Timbox

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Helga
  • City / Town: Newport
Re: Tomtom rider mounting
« Reply #1 on: 09 September, 2019, 07:44:00 AM »
Good job mate,  :028:
Ex Sport owner now on KTM 1290 SAS

Offline Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
« Reply #2 on: 09 September, 2019, 09:56:50 AM »
Tidy, I like that.
The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions.
Leonardo da Vinci

Offline af1-windy

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike/Model: Tiger sport
  • City / Town: Leeds
« Reply #3 on: 09 September, 2019, 10:47:48 AM »
Thank you for your comments. I was looking for "tidy"

Initially I used the bits that came with it, the U bolt with the ball and the plate and ball on the back of the docking station joined with one of those, err, things that join them but it was cumbersome and cause the whole screen to bounce when going over bumps etc..

This way it's permanently fixed and wired to power up when ignition is turned on. Only thing I would like now is some sort of security bolt to replace the alan head bolts holding the bar.

:002:  :031: windy

Offline Parky1962

• Tiger Newbie
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Co Durham
« Reply #4 on: 10 September, 2019, 06:28:18 PM »
Very nice

Offline leew

• Tiger Newbie
  • Bike/Model: 1050 Sport 2015
  • City / Town: Gravesend
« Reply #5 on: 10 September, 2019, 09:52:54 PM »
Nice job! :047:
I tried the Palmer brackets but didn't get on with them(didn't like the look very much & wobbled about), ended up with a Givi screen(comes out round the sides a bit ,is taller & has a flip), made my own sat nav bracket out of a bit of tube flattened & shaped at both ends. I'll try to take some photos & post at the weekend. Cocked the screen up a bit as I wanted a tinted & they don't do one in that design :006: (doesn't look particularly nice 3/4 sprayed black :034:)
Lee.