Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Advice needed - speeding - Germany  (Read 858 times)

Offline Yellow Dog

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2018 Tiger 1050 Sport
  • City / Town: Quainton
Re: Advice needed - speeding - Germany
« Reply #10 on: 13 August, 2019, 03:55:38 PM »
*Originally Posted by af1-windy [+]
Thank you. It was my Son that rang and said Germany, it wasn't until he sent photos of the letter that I realised it was Austria..

Guess I'll just have to pay up and shut up..  :023: :001:

Possibly far less expensive than selling your bike to avoid paying :169:

A former colleague got debt collected from Germany 4 years after the fine date. He never disclosed what the ramp up was, however I suspect it wasn't cheap  :164:
2018 TIGER 1050 SPORT - 40,000Km with zero tyre wear & zero engine or chain wear (c8

Offline TCC

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: St Ives, Sydney
« Reply #11 on: 14 August, 2019, 12:48:26 AM »
 How would they have got your home address? Does the EU have access to vehicle owners details via the registration (number) plate across the whole of Europe?

Offline toopytiger

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: '08 Blue
  • City / Town: Perth
« Reply #12 on: 14 August, 2019, 04:22:09 AM »
This an interesting one - I've also apparently got a speeding fine from Austria, from 2017.  The only reason I know is because Avis billed me their admin fee a couple of weeks later, though I'm guessing they didn't give the Austrians my home address because the fine itself has never turned up, so I've never paid it.  If I had got it, I would've just gone ahead and paid it

I've been back to the EU since (though only UK & Ireland) but nobody said anything at the border, so I'm wondering if they'll ever front me with the bill.  I'm guessing that unless I make entry to the EU next time at an Austrian airport, or happen to get pulled over by the cops within Austria, I may not hear anything more about it? Anybody have any idea?

Triumph Centrestand & 3 box panniers.  TOR, dogbone out, Arrow race tune.  MRA screen + spoiler.  GIPro gear indicator.  SWMotech light mount with 3500 Komys.  SWMotech chainguard. Nitron R1.  Hand me down pointy indicators off son's Street Triple.  Would like to respring forks but would need to get divorced first.

Offline Yellow Dog

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2018 Tiger 1050 Sport
  • City / Town: Quainton
« Reply #13 on: 14 August, 2019, 07:10:13 AM »
*Originally Posted by TCC [+]
How would they have got your home address? Does the EU have access to vehicle owners details via the registration (number) plate across the whole of Europe?

I asked this very question back in the 1980s. In those days, they would send the fine to the UK DVLA who would in turn, forward it on.

I'd image they do now have shared access to such data.
2018 TIGER 1050 SPORT - 40,000Km with zero tyre wear & zero engine or chain wear (c8

Offline af1-windy

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike/Model: Tiger sport
  • City / Town: Leeds
« Reply #14 on: 14 August, 2019, 07:30:53 AM »
We (UK) signed a deal in May 2017 giving them (Europe) access to our details through DVLA

It seems there are companies that have set them selves up as collection agents and it can get messy and expensive.

Anywho.. I've paid, time, date and place are all correct and it wouldn't be out of the question that we were doing 112kph in a 100kph zone.

Bank details checked out when I was setting up the payment online.. Including costs for the IBAN and exchange rate it was 52.42  :015: cheap considering the fun we had over there, about the price for a day ticket to Alton Towers but no great long lines of people waiting for a fun ride..  :007: :164: :001:

Online seangee

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2016 Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Bracknell
« Reply #15 on: 14 August, 2019, 12:13:28 PM »
But more importantly no points on your license  :007:
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Offline af1-windy

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike/Model: Tiger sport
  • City / Town: Leeds
« Reply #16 on: 14 August, 2019, 12:46:21 PM »
*Originally Posted by seangee [+]
But more importantly no points on your license  :007:

:001:

Offline JohnnyWheels

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: 2012 Tiger SE (red)
  • City / Town: Jackson, Mississippi
« Reply #17 on: 16 August, 2019, 03:01:04 PM »
Yep, pay it an be happy it was not more. Speeding tickets in my neck of the woods are in the rage of $250 and up
-----------------------------------------------------
2012 Tiger 1050 SE

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport (2014)
« Reply #18 on: 24 August, 2019, 10:40:41 AM »
In future they'll simply send a collection drone to fly in, knock at your door and threaten dire penalities (in Sylvester Stallone's voice) unless you pay up ......  :001:

Online Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
« Reply #19 on: 24 August, 2019, 10:59:37 AM »
Austrian fines are a tad pricey eh.

I got a speeding fine from Germany last year for 69 in a 60 fined 10euro's, paid it by bank transfer thro my Barclays account, cost to me 9. Not worth fannying about with. I believe if you don't pay, they can sell it to a debt collection agency, then it could end up at silly cost.

Just home from a Euro tour myself, nowt come thro' yet but time yet, only been home 4 days. Loads of sneaky scameras not big & yellow like ours. And the fuel, by 'eck 1.77euro/L in Nederland's, like 1.70/L in real money! And we moan at 1.25/L in good ol' blighty. This is the best country in the world.
The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions.
Leonardo da Vinci