Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Why not add an avatar to your profile ?

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Screen possibly fixed  (Read 1367 times)

Offline Cobb04

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: Tiger sport
  • City / Town: Harrogate
Re: Screen possibly fixed
« Reply #10 on: 24 September, 2019, 09:27:18 AM »
c
*Originally Posted by Devon Tiger [+]
Quote " I can now do motorway speeds without having to constantly lift my visor and scratch my nose. "

I thought it was just me. No sooner on the bike & my nose starts itching....I have to lift the visor & start de-coking. :003:

"Off to Wales for a long weekend in a couple of weeks for full test".  Rather you than me,,,, :004:

I'm back from Wales and why is it when you leave England the roads are amazing condition. Its the same if you head north to Scotland. The roads are smooth as silk and perfect to push the Tiger. Amazing selection from fast sweeping A roads to tight 1st gear hairpins. I did a back road towards Bala from Snowdon and was amazed how well the Tiger did. Even on those few blind bends that tighten it behaved extremely gentlemanly and just said "lean over a little more and I'll see you round it" :001:

Get back into England and the surface immediately become pot marked and full of holes never mine Farmer Giles leaving all his sh#t on the bends  :157: :157:

Anyway back to the Screen.

The new Puig worked well but its still not perfect. At speeds up to 55-60 clean air and you can even ride visor up. Motorway speeds 70-80 again very fine buffering causing itchy nose and after an hour a bad head.

Due to bad weather we came back motorway and after ride I was sat on couch and my head was buzzing. Felt like my eyes were still shaking. Can't be good to rattle the old brain.

One thing I did discover though is I stood on the pegs travelling at about 75 and everything was smooth and quiet.  :152:

So it got me thinking of going short on the screen.  :006:

Has anyone gone the short route with a small flyscreen and if so where did you get it from and any feedback?

Wales has made me fall in love with the performance of the Tiger and the shear fun of it but I can't live with the buffering. I so much want to keep the Tiger but I don't think it is designed for the taller rider.

Any help will be appreciated

:440:

Offline Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
« Reply #11 on: 24 September, 2019, 09:57:58 AM »
The Tiger sport was same, I fitted a short screen, it worked well but I got very wet in rain. See pic.

There's a short one here in this link.

https://www.powerbronze.co.uk/products/adventure-sports-screen/triumph-tiger-800-11-17-tiger-800-xc-11-17-tiger-800-xcx-15-17-tiger-800-xrx-15-17-tiger-800-xrt-16-17-tiger-800-xr-18-200mm-long-460-t102.html

The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions.
Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Cobb04

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: Tiger sport
  • City / Town: Harrogate
« Reply #12 on: 24 September, 2019, 10:14:19 AM »
*Originally Posted by Paul2bikes [+]
The Tiger sport was same, I fitted a short screen, it worked well but I got very wet in rain. See pic.

There's a short one here in this link.

https://www.powerbronze.co.uk/products/adventure-sports-screen/triumph-tiger-800-11-17-tiger-800-xc-11-17-tiger-800-xcx-15-17-tiger-800-xrx-15-17-tiger-800-xrt-16-17-tiger-800-xr-18-200mm-long-460-t102.html
Awesome. Thanks.

My TS is a 2019 but just checked and they do them for it.

I suppose getting wet will be an issue but I never go out in the rain unless I'm obviously already out there. Anything will be better than a buzzing head :157: :157:

Thanks again. This will be the final chance the TS. It will be a shame as the bike is amazing at everything else.

Cheers

Offline leew

• Tiger Newbie
  • Bike/Model: 1050 Sport 2015
  • City / Town: Gravesend
« Reply #13 on: 24 September, 2019, 10:31:02 AM »
I'm not that tall (5'10''), I fitted a Kappa KD225ST (a couple of pics on my photo's account), it made it better for me, but hasn't fully cured it, but I have put 30mm bar risers on as I slump when riding & end up with back ache(on any bike). I had an MRA before(came with the bike) so I've also fitted the flip to my Kappa. I think I sit too far away from the screens as I'm trying to be bolt upright due to my old back :005:

Offline Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
« Reply #14 on: 24 September, 2019, 10:39:46 AM »
The link I posted was for a screen my T800, thinking of trying one on that. The shorty on the TS is also Powerbronze.

I gave up on getting so wet & fitted another screen, a MRA T screen which I've settled with, it's a tad flimsy but works for me as it curves over more & towards me, bit like me old sprint did. Not sure if they still sell it. See pic.

The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions.
Leonardo da Vinci