Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Why not add an avatar to your profile ?

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Typical Summer Ride on the Blue Ridge Parkway South of Asheville, NC  (Read 190 times)

Offline fjrod

• Tiger Master
  • Gettin' Old Sucks
  • Bike/Model: 1050 SE ABS 2010
  • City / Town: Chesnee

Depending on the year the Blue Ridge Parkway from Virginia across  North Carolina is the birthplace of thunder storms almost every afternoon.  It's sizzling hot in the valleys and the rain can be welcomed on the ridges. Most of this area was at or near 4000 feet but it climbs to over 5000 feet within a few miles south of where these pics were taken.  Speed limit is 45mph and the Feds enforce the fines that can, but don't usually go to as much as several thousand dollars.  I ride at aroung 60 mph and usually don't have a problem.  Passing slow pokes can get you into trouble though.

Offline Tigermike

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2010 Bk/Grey 1050SE
  • City / Town: Banbury
Re: Typical Summer Ride on the Blue Ridge Parkway South of Asheville,
« Reply #1 on: 13 July, 2019, 07:31:27 PM »
Great scenery  :028: why the high fines for speeding ? Not as if you are in a town with lots of pedestrians  :112:
The Chinese looks nice but what's with the little dishes of raw veg  :187:
Yam RD125 DX, Kwak GPZ305, Honda CB400T, 1983 Kwak GT550, Suzuki GSF650 Bandit, Tiger 1050SE .... got there in the end.

Offline fjrod

• Tiger Master
  • Gettin' Old Sucks
« Reply #2 on: 13 July, 2019, 08:13:29 PM »
Food is Korean and the little side dishes are typical of Korean restaurants.  Maybe traditional, don't know????

It's a Federal Park and cases are handled by Federal Magistrates or Judges.  AIN'T NO rhyme or reason in our Federal Government.  The Commonwealth of Virginia had something like that.  You could have a minor speeding ticket but they looked up anything in your history which could amount to thousands of dollars.

Offline Grouchybastard

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Pro
  • Bike/Model: 2010 Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: Buckheaven Orygun
« Reply #3 on: 14 July, 2019, 03:14:51 AM »
Beautiful scenery.  Would definitely need to be in a leisurely mood though, with such high prices for speed citations.   :005:
Thanks for sharing.  :031:

Offline fjrod

• Tiger Master
  • Gettin' Old Sucks
« Reply #4 on: 14 July, 2019, 02:38:37 PM »
Hey guys, the BRP is NOT a massive speed trap.  You rarely see a Ranger during the week and they are non-existent on weekdays before noon.  Why? Because the road is so lightly traveled.  It's for tourists. Weekends, during the fall colors months, and at various events traffic can get a bit heavy.  There are some special places where there are spotty high travel areas AND reduced speed limits.  Those pics were near the Mt Pisgah area which is one of those.  It has a convenience store, a restaurant, camping and picnic areas.  Like I said I run at 60 mph and have never been stopped in almost 40 years of running the BRP.  You just have to be aware and if you want to run at 80 and pass cars like a mad man, the fines "CAN BE" brutal.  You can and I have run areas of the BRP at 70+ to cover some ground but you need to know where and when.

Offline Tigermike

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2010 Bk/Grey 1050SE
  • City / Town: Banbury
« Reply #5 on: 14 July, 2019, 03:17:23 PM »
*Originally Posted by fjrod [+]
Food is Korean and the little side dishes are typical of Korean restaurants.  Maybe traditional, don't know????
Ah ok, never had Korean food before, sounds as if it's quite popular in the US. I think there are a couple of restaurants in London.
Yam RD125 DX, Kwak GPZ305, Honda CB400T, 1983 Kwak GT550, Suzuki GSF650 Bandit, Tiger 1050SE .... got there in the end.

Offline fjrod

• Tiger Master
  • Gettin' Old Sucks
« Reply #6 on: 14 July, 2019, 11:25:31 PM »
*Originally Posted by Tigermike [+]
Ah ok, never had Korean food before, sounds as if it's quite popular in the US. I think there are a couple of restaurants in London.
It's not all that popular, just different.  My son spent two years in Korea and one of my best riding buddy's wife is Korean which is why I developed a teste for it.  Just seems like finding new and different food is a gppd excuse for a riding event.  :008: