Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Why not add an avatar to your profile ?

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: TuneECU and Alsheimers  (Read 844 times)

Offline fjrod

• Tiger Master
  • Gettin' Old Sucks
  • Bike/Model: 1050 SE ABS 2010
  • City / Town: Chesnee
TuneECU and Alsheimers
« on: 09 July, 2019, 07:20:20 AM »
I've been using TuneBoy and TuneECU on Sprints and a 2007 Tiger using a laptop and cable since around 2003???   TuneECU is a GREAT piece of software.  Got a 2010 Tiger last April and am trying to get it run like my 2007 did.  Reading posts in the ECU Remapping gets a bit tough at times.  As long as I use my cable and laptop things seem to be OK.  Got a 20551 loaded and ready for some on road testing.  Now when I get to the Android version things I get confused quick.   
NUMBER ONE - The TuneECU website says there is a "FULL VERSION" and a "Lite Version."  How do you know whether you have a full version or a lite version?   I only saw one version in the Play Store.
NUMBER TWO - What does FULL VERSION mean?  It is pretty clear that the Android full version and the laptop cable TuneECU do NOT have the same features available.   Is there any comparison table that shows the features of each version?

Just a comment, I just bought an ODBC2 Bluetooth connector and the Android app.  Very simple to connect.  Not simple to operate.  What buttons do what on which screen is NOT intuitive and not knowing what functions are actually available sure doesn't help.  What makes matters worse is when I try to follow YouTube videos they don't always work like mine.

Online Gooza

• Tiger Member
  • Slow Poke
  • Bike/Model: White 2010 1050 ABS
  • City / Town: Melbourne
Re: TuneECU and Alsheimers
« Reply #1 on: 09 July, 2019, 07:57:49 AM »
Mate, If you have a laptop then use it.  The Android Version is tough to get used to.  My full version of Android simply says TuneECU, would assume the lite version has the word lite in it somewhere.

Pretty sure you need the full version to upload maps in Android.  Its about $20 vs about $7 for the lite version from memory.

Offline fjrod

• Tiger Master
  • Gettin' Old Sucks
« Reply #2 on: 09 July, 2019, 09:06:40 AM »
*Originally Posted by Gooza [+]
Mate, If you have a laptop then use it.  The Android Version is tough to get used to.  My full version of Android simply says TuneECU, would assume the lite version has the word lite in it somewhere.

Pretty sure you need the full version to upload maps in Android.  Its about $20 vs about $7 for the lite version from memory.
Play Store is the only official TuneECU repository of the Android version.  There is only ONE version and it doesn't say Full or Lite.
Depending on which TuneECU site you hit there are statements saying that the full version allows you load maps and other statements that say it is only for maintenance and won't load maps.
Everything about the  Android version operation is confusing. 
I'm way ahead of you on the laptop version.   I trust it.  I don't trust the Android version.

PS Just started looking over on tuneecu.boards.net   Much easier to search and navigate.   Gonna keep my laptop version.  BT doesn't do load functions.  Need a cable.
« Last Edit: 09 July, 2019, 09:26:05 AM by fjrod »

Online Gooza

• Tiger Member
  • Slow Poke
« Reply #3 on: 09 July, 2019, 10:32:47 AM »
There was 2 versions maybe a year or more ago.  I initially purchased the Lite version (which ONLY worked with Bluetooth), then I shelled out for the full version and did my dough on the Lite version.

Just looked again on Google Play, and yep, only 1 version now.

The Full Version has all the features that Windows has plus more like bleeding ABS on the Tiger.  Having said that, I only use Android for the ABS, everything else I use the Laptop (Windoze)

Once connected with Android, you swipe to the left to get to the maps, right to get to diagnostics/sensors.

Offline Yellow Dog

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2018 Tiger 1050 Sport
  • City / Town: Quainton
« Reply #4 on: 09 July, 2019, 11:57:46 AM »
*Originally Posted by Gooza [+]
There was 2 versions maybe a year or more ago.  I initially purchased the Lite version (which ONLY worked with Bluetooth), then I shelled out for the full version and did my dough on the Lite version.

Just looked again on Google Play, and yep, only 1 version now.

The Full Version has all the features that Windows has plus more like bleeding ABS on the Tiger.  Having said that, I only use Android for the ABS, everything else I use the Laptop (Windoze)

Once connected with Android, you swipe to the left to get to the maps, right to get to diagnostics/sensors.

You guys are lucky. The >2016 TS version, gives you bugga-all.

'Swipe right' - isn't that for the dating sites ? ..  :007:
2018 TIGER 1050 SPORT - 40,000Km with zero tyre wear & zero engine or chain wear (c8

Offline fjrod

• Tiger Master
  • Gettin' Old Sucks
« Reply #5 on: 09 July, 2019, 02:32:48 PM »
Worked computers for 30 plus years.  TuneECU has great code but their website design is not intuitive and confusing.  Not unusual, even the big software developers leave documentation as a low priority.  Also there are too many links here, other sites that use TuneECU AND worst of all in whichever site TuenECU is using at the moment.  Too many languages and too many bikes make their job doggone near impossible too. That tuneecu.border.net is IMO a vast improvement of the older sites.

Online Gooza

• Tiger Member
  • Slow Poke
« Reply #6 on: 10 July, 2019, 12:11:07 AM »

Offline fjrod

• Tiger Master
  • Gettin' Old Sucks
« Reply #7 on: 11 July, 2019, 04:10:10 AM »
Took the 20551 map and made a couple very minor parameter tweeks and she's running like a champ.  With a little luck it's riding time and TuneECU has entered into retirement except for trouble shooting.

Online toopytiger

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: '08 Blue
  • City / Town: Perth
« Reply #8 on: 17 July, 2019, 07:22:34 AM »
Sorry to tell you this but I was running 20551 for a while on my '08 & I didn't like it.  It sucked the juice & had an annoying stumble just off idle.  Personally I think it is over-fuelling, even though it is supposed to be for the TOR pipe, which I have.

On advice from TCC I loaded 20618, which is actually for a later version of the Tiger, not sure late 1050 or first version of Sport, but it runs the best - smooth fuelling, better economy, no difference in performance, possibly better if anything.  That was three years ago & it's still going strong.  Counting the one that was in the bike when I bought it eight years ago, this is the sixth tune I've tried, my favourite & I haven't bothered changing since.

Hope 20551 works better for you than it did for me!
Triumph Centrestand & 3 box panniers.  TOR, dogbone out, Arrow race tune.  MRA screen + spoiler.  GIPro gear indicator.  SWMotech light mount with 3500 Komys.  SWMotech chainguard. Nitron R1.  Hand me down pointy indicators off son's Street Triple.  Would like to respring forks but would need to get divorced first.

Offline fjrod

• Tiger Master
  • Gettin' Old Sucks
« Reply #9 on: 17 July, 2019, 12:05:12 PM »
*Originally Posted by toopytiger [+]
Sorry to tell you this but I was running 20551 for a while on my '08 & I didn't like it.  It sucked the juice & had an annoying stumble just off idle.  Personally I think it is over-fuelling, even though it is supposed to be for the TOR pipe, which I have.

On advice from TCC I loaded 20618, which is actually for a later version of the Tiger, not sure late 1050 or first version of Sport, but it runs the best - smooth fuelling, better economy, no difference in performance, possibly better if anything.  That was three years ago & it's still going strong.  Counting the one that was in the bike when I bought it eight years ago, this is the sixth tune I've tried, my favourite & I haven't bothered changing since.

Nothing to be sorry about mate, that's the kind of info I need to know.  I thought that 20551 was a bit hungry,   I reloaded the tune but the only thing I changed was taking the speedo from a -2.5 to -2.9.   Indicated average MPG changed from 39 to 44.  Measured MPG was about 39.8.  Couldn't measure last tank. Put her in the weeds and am waiting for insurance adjuster.  Damage is mostly cosmetic.  Should be fixable and I will try 20618.