Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Back in the game after 30 years  (Read 511 times)

Offline seangee

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2016 Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Bracknell
Re: Back in the game after 30 years
« Reply #10 on: 09 July, 2019, 10:32:32 AM »
 :401:, good find.

Chain guard is easy enough but it is part of the hugger. I removed and replaced mine with the wheel on - but IIIRC I said if I ever do it again the wheel comes off first  :001:

You need to undo everything numbered 2

Removing and replacing wheel is a doddle with the SSA. The caliper however can be a PITA and it a proper muck magnet. No need to remove the caliper to get the wheel off but if you are going to be in that area  :164:
Errr on second thought get a decent spray on rinse off chain cleaner and get out and ride. Plenty of time for the caliper over winter (as long as the brakes work ok).
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport (2014)
« Reply #11 on: 09 July, 2019, 11:00:55 AM »
+1 with SG. This is the weather to be riding. Save the difficult maintenance jobs for winter! For chain cleaning, paraffin and an old dishwash brush the first time - after that you'll keep it cleaner with a scottoiler or regular spraying .....  :001: If you want to take that wheel off, be aware that it's a torque level of something like 150 Nm, so you'll need good spanners and a strong back (I give it to the dealer).

I see you have a late 14 model - blue pinstripe rather than red. Best overall colour of course!  :401:

Offline Parky1962

• Tiger Newbie
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Co Durham
« Reply #12 on: 11 July, 2019, 11:28:25 AM »
Yeah it's those two screws high up behind the wheel I can't get to. I've ordered a centre stand, one of those Constands ones I read about on here so once that's fitted this weekend the wheel will come off which will give me chance to have a good inspection and clean of everything at that end of the bike.

New oil and filter are sitting ready to join in the fun, and I'm thinking about a gear position indicator (I keep going for 7th gear) and maybe some LED spotlights to fit to the engine bars. It's got a Puig Touring Screen but I've got the original and I'm going to try that for a few days to see if the buffeting around my head decreases.

Thanks again for the welcome, that and being waved/nodded at by fellow bikers again is really nice. Now I have a bike again I realise how much I've missed it.

Neil