Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !



Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Twinlight driver  (Read 1406 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline ZuluTiger

  • Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • *
  • Posts: 2302
  • Bike/Model: 1050, KTM 1190 Adv.
  • City / Town: Suwanee
  • Country: USA
Re: Twinlight driver
« Reply #20 on: 01 November, 2019, 02:02:18 PM »
Nice one chaps. These are the stories that make this the premium group of guys in the bike world!

Online Tigermike

  • Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • *
  • Posts: 1486
  • Bike/Model: 2010 Bk/Grey 1050SE
  • City / Town: Banbury
  • Country: United Kingdom
Re: Twinlight driver
« Reply #21 on: 10 November, 2019, 12:54:32 PM »
*Originally Posted by Zevk [+]

went to install my Twinlight driver today but fell at the 1st hurdle  :157:
i can see the connector that is in the headlight stem as zevk's photo above but it will not pull out of the cavity, i assume that the cable that runs to the headlights is either zip tied to a fixed point or its not long enough to pull clear of the stem cavity  :187:
has anyone else come across this before  :183:
i dont really want to pull the whole nosecone off if i dont have to...
Yam RD125 DX, Kwak GPZ305, Honda CB400T, 1983 Kwak GT550, Suzuki GSF650 Bandit, Tiger 1050SE .... got there in the end.

Offline philm44

  • Tiger Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 135
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport - 2016
  • City / Town: Gravesend
  • Country: UK
Re: Twinlight driver
« Reply #22 on: 10 November, 2019, 05:54:36 PM »
That connector was tricky to get at on my 09 model.
It turned out not to be cable tied. I had to pull harder than I would have liked on the wiring to get enough slack - nerve wracking but it worked ok 😅

Online Tigermike

  • Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • *
  • Posts: 1486
  • Bike/Model: 2010 Bk/Grey 1050SE
  • City / Town: Banbury
  • Country: United Kingdom
Re: Twinlight driver
« Reply #23 on: 10 November, 2019, 07:38:13 PM »
*Originally Posted by philm44 [+]
That connector was tricky to get at on my 09 model.
It turned out not to be cable tied. I had to pull harder than I would have liked on the wiring to get enough slack - nerve wracking but it worked ok 😅
Thank philm, I will give it another go next weekend hopefully  :031:
I can get a couple of fingers around the connector so will pull it a bit harder next time  :028:
Yam RD125 DX, Kwak GPZ305, Honda CB400T, 1983 Kwak GT550, Suzuki GSF650 Bandit, Tiger 1050SE .... got there in the end.

Offline Yellow Dog

  • Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • *
  • Posts: 9888
  • Bike/Model: 2018 Tiger 1050 Sport
  • City / Town: Quainton
  • Country: United Kingdom
Re: Twinlight driver
« Reply #24 on: 11 November, 2019, 01:16:46 PM »
*Originally Posted by Tigermike [+]
went to install my Twinlight driver today but fell at the 1st hurdle  :157:
i can see the connector that is in the headlight stem as zevk's photo above but it will not pull out of the cavity, i assume that the cable that runs to the headlights is either zip tied to a fixed point or its not long enough to pull clear of the stem cavity  :187:
has anyone else come across this before  :183:
i dont really want to pull the whole nosecone off if i dont have to...

Oops - I may owe you a beer and a burger back  :008:
2018 TIGER 1050 SPORT - 40,000Km with zero tyre wear & zero engine or chain wear (c8

Online Tigermike

  • Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • *
  • Posts: 1486
  • Bike/Model: 2010 Bk/Grey 1050SE
  • City / Town: Banbury
  • Country: United Kingdom
Re: Twinlight driver
« Reply #25 on: 11 November, 2019, 07:50:09 PM »
*Originally Posted by Yellow Dog [+]
Oops - I may owe you a beer and a burger back  :008:
Nah, nothing wrong with it, it's my loom giving me the issue,  :173:
but always up for a beer and a chinwag and putting the world to rights  :152:
Yam RD125 DX, Kwak GPZ305, Honda CB400T, 1983 Kwak GT550, Suzuki GSF650 Bandit, Tiger 1050SE .... got there in the end.

Offline Buzzard

  • Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Master
  • *
  • Posts: 331
  • The older I get the faster I was!
  • Bike/Model: 2012 Tiger 1050SE
  • City / Town: Sydney West
  • Country: Australia
Re: Twinlight driver
« Reply #26 on: 12 November, 2019, 04:17:05 AM »
If by any chance anyone else has one of these available for sale I would be most interested. PM me please. :031:
Graphite Stealth version, Madstad 18" screen, GiPro gear indicator, Komy 3000 LED spotties, Delkevic 350mm noise maker, TOR Tune.

Offline Yellow Dog

  • Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • *
  • Posts: 9888
  • Bike/Model: 2018 Tiger 1050 Sport
  • City / Town: Quainton
  • Country: United Kingdom
Re: Twinlight driver
« Reply #27 on: 12 November, 2019, 08:07:33 AM »
*Originally Posted by Tigermike [+]
Nah, nothing wrong with it, it's my loom giving me the issue,  :173:
but always up for a beer and a chinwag and putting the world to rights  :152:

Once you're up and running, let's park our bikes side by side and load some photos up of the Twinlight Driver 3 illumination next to the Tiger Sport' s light beams.

Might be interesting  :087:
2018 TIGER 1050 SPORT - 40,000Km with zero tyre wear & zero engine or chain wear (c8

Online Tigermike

  • Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • *
  • Posts: 1486
  • Bike/Model: 2010 Bk/Grey 1050SE
  • City / Town: Banbury
  • Country: United Kingdom
Re: Twinlight driver
« Reply #28 on: 12 November, 2019, 12:57:44 PM »
*Originally Posted by Yellow Dog [+]
Once you're up and running, let's park our bikes side by side and load some photos up of the Twinlight Driver 3 illumination next to the Tiger Sport' s light beams.

Might be interesting  :087:
sure - will do, assuming you will be able to see them next to your sport lights  :001:
Yam RD125 DX, Kwak GPZ305, Honda CB400T, 1983 Kwak GT550, Suzuki GSF650 Bandit, Tiger 1050SE .... got there in the end.