Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Why not add an avatar to your profile ?

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: scottoiler x system  (Read 831 times)

Offline Grumpy old man

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: 2019 Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Te Awamutu
scottoiler x system
« on: 18 June, 2019, 09:09:18 PM »
Morning all

Back on a Tiger Sport again and am trying to fit a Scottoiler x system but I am struggling with where to mount the reservoir being a bit bulkier than my previously installed v systems

Would any one have a picture they could share of their installs to help me out

Cheers
James

Offline MrMoon

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050SE
Re: scottoiler x system
« Reply #1 on: 18 June, 2019, 09:34:58 PM »
Hi James,

I have mine under the seat. It's the e-system, but the size of your x-system should be about the same. I drilled four holes in the side of the plastic to feed tie-wraps through.

As for the tube, I've fed it through the same channel as the wire that unlocks the seat, then down and under the frame at the back.

I've fitted the Scottoiler Scorpion at the end as the chain at the inside was still dry while outside was oiled allright.

« Last Edit: 18 June, 2019, 09:37:03 PM by MrMoon »

Offline Grumpy old man

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: 2019 Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Te Awamutu
« Reply #2 on: 18 June, 2019, 10:03:48 PM »
Many thanks for the treply and pics

Unfortunately Triumph has filled up that area on the later bikes with electronics ,relays and fuses etc

The Scottoiler X System has buttons that means the body of the reservoir is slightly limited in it's rotation ability and the mount is a sliding carriage arrangement

Looks like it is bracket making time as it does not play well with the exposed frame rails near the front of the seat where I had my last V System mounted on my previous  2017 sport

Online Tigermike

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2010 Bk/Grey 1050SE
  • City / Town: Banbury
« Reply #3 on: 18 June, 2019, 11:55:29 PM »
*Originally Posted by Grumpy old man [+]
Many thanks for the treply and pics

Unfortunately Triumph has filled up that area on the later bikes with electronics ,relays and fuses etc

The Scottoiler X System has buttons that means the body of the reservoir is slightly limited in it's rotation ability and the mount is a sliding carriage arrangement

Looks like it is bracket making time as it does not play well with the exposed frame rails near the front of the seat where I had my last V System mounted on my previous  2017 sport
Is it possible to fit it where I have fitted my v system reservoir  :187:
See the photos in this topic
https://www.tiger1050.com/index.php/topic,40509.0.html
 :031:
Yam RD125 DX, Kwak GPZ305, Honda CB400T, 1983 Kwak GT550, Suzuki GSF650 Bandit, Tiger 1050SE .... got there in the end.

Online Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
« Reply #4 on: 19 June, 2019, 08:56:34 AM »
Or, will it fit where my V system is fitted, easy to re-fill and adjust. Scottoil usually produce fitting guides for each model.

The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions.
Leonardo da Vinci

Offline seangee

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2016 Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Bracknell
« Reply #5 on: 19 June, 2019, 10:18:17 AM »
*Originally Posted by Paul2bikes [+]
Or, will it fit where my V system is fitted, easy to re-fill and adjust. Scottoil usually produce fitting guides for each model.

Not sure if you need access to it. If not I have my reservoir (different brand) attached the same way but further back - so its behind the rear cowling. Plenty of space to feed the filler tube up under the seat so to fill it all I need is to take the seat off. I have mounted the controller directly behind the battery.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport (2014)
« Reply #6 on: 19 June, 2019, 11:52:07 AM »
No pics I'm afraid, but I made a special bracket that screws onto the underside of the toolbox (on a TS1), that mounts the reservoir vertically underneath near where P2B has his on the frame rail, but slightly lower down. It's still accessible for refills (easier with seat off) but more hidden and more vertical (important for V systems). So it's just in front of the shock adjuster.

However, important to know that because it's in the line of flow of hot air from the back of the motor, it's best to use the Scottoiler red oil. Blue will work, but more fussy to set up.

Eh, found a photo:

« Last Edit: 19 June, 2019, 12:09:23 PM by Paullie »

Online Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
« Reply #7 on: 19 June, 2019, 01:01:19 PM »
I like easy access to fill & also to tweak feed on rare occasions according to weather, if raining need more oil, gets washed off quick. Off to hot climes can need less, unless it's dusty.

I have the e system on my T8, that's easy with it's electronic gadget on the bars to up or down the feed & give a minute of continuous if needed in a downpour.
The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions.
Leonardo da Vinci

Offline TimboLeMatelot

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050 Sport
  • City / Town: Worthing
« Reply #8 on: 23 June, 2019, 10:02:50 AM »
*Originally Posted by seangee [+]
Not sure if you need access to it. If not I have my reservoir (different brand) attached the same way but further back - so its behind the rear cowling. Plenty of space to feed the filler tube up under the seat so to fill it all I need is to take the seat off. I have mounted the controller directly behind the battery.

Sean,

Do you have the PD Oiler system?  Any good, would you recommend it?

Bw

Offline seangee

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2016 Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Bracknell
« Reply #9 on: 23 June, 2019, 10:16:42 AM »
*Originally Posted by TimboLeMatelot [+]
Sean,

Do you have the PD Oiler system?  Any good, would you recommend it?

Bw
Yes I have. I think its brill. Some people have swapped the wick for a scottoiler type nozzle but I kept it. Wick is quite tatty now after 2 years of continuous use but since it still does the job and you have to get down on your hands and knees to see it ...  :164:
Where I mounted it I can't see the reservoir but when I was doing 500 miles per week I squirted 10ml of chainsaw oil into it every 2 weeks and never ran out. Now I'm not doing the mileage once a month is plenty.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.