Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Suspension Upgrade for The Tiger Sport  (Read 3011 times)

Offline Foxes

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike/Model: Tiger sport 17
  • City / Town: Auckland
Re: Suspension Upgrade for The Tiger Sport
« Reply #20 on: 25 September, 2019, 03:26:21 AM »
Hi JKD102, Did you ever do the suspension with the Nitron

Offline jkd102

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: 2017 Tiger Sport 1050
« Reply #21 on: 25 September, 2019, 05:54:39 AM »
*Originally Posted by Foxes [+]
Hi JKD102, Did you ever do the suspension with the Nitron

yes I did - only been out a couple of times since the ride back from New Plymouth and have not tried adjusting any settings yet.
Mainly due to weather and other commitments as I'm renovating my house at the moment.
So its as KSS set it up for me.
It definitely feels more planted on the road and the suspension works better the faster I go.
In fact it would be spot-on if I rode everywhere balls to the wall  :005:
Under hard acceleration I can really feel the rear tire bite in which is a novelty but as it should be.....
I still feel the bumps when cruising but they are not as harsh.
Pretty happy for the initial setup but I am sure I'll be able to get it even better once I try some adjustments.
Matt Black 17 Tiger Sport - Nitron R2 Shock, Revalved forks with Ohlins spings/Oil,  SC-Project Carbon, Radguard, Re-Trimmed seat, Fenda Extenda, 30mm Bar Risers, Puig screen deflector, Heavy bar ends, JBQ Shifter, Vario Pegs, SW Motech City Evo Tank Bag, Triumph Tankpad & Centerstand,  Ventura rear rack.

Offline Foxes

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #22 on: 25 September, 2019, 07:49:20 AM »
What Nitron did you use R1 or R2, as the R1 is mainly for road. Also, can you confirm that the 13/15 Sport Shock Fits the 17 models as Nitron only list the 13/15 Models?

Looking at doing the same as the wife is complaining about the harsh ride, and am now thinking the OEM shock is not up to it when I have a pillion on the back. and also its a pain adjusting the preload every other ride out.

Online Timbox

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Helga
  • City / Town: Newport
« Reply #23 on: 25 September, 2019, 08:06:35 AM »
What Nitron did you use R1 or R2, as the R1 is mainly for road. Also, can you confirm that the 13/15 Sport Shock Fits the 17 models as Nitron only list the 13/15 Models?

Looking at doing the same as the wife is complaining about the harsh ride, and am now thinking the OEM shock is not up to it when I have a pillion on the back. and also its a pain adjusting the preload every other ride out.

When I fitted my Wilbers they only list one shock for all Sports 13 onwards. Triumph do list a different part no, but maybe thats just because the spring colour changed although some have thought Triumph maybe played with the Damping rates?  Bottom line, they all physically fit/interchange
Ex Sport owner now on KTM 1290 SAS

Offline jkd102

• Tiger Master
« Reply #24 on: 25 September, 2019, 08:14:05 AM »
I went for the R2 with remote compression adjuster.
The shock part # is NTBKT23T which according to Google is for a 13-15 Sport.
So 13-15 & 17 is the same.
Make sure you specify what colour spring you want as the default is a (IMO) hideous teal,greeny blue .
I went for the titanium spring option
Matt Black 17 Tiger Sport - Nitron R2 Shock, Revalved forks with Ohlins spings/Oil,  SC-Project Carbon, Radguard, Re-Trimmed seat, Fenda Extenda, 30mm Bar Risers, Puig screen deflector, Heavy bar ends, JBQ Shifter, Vario Pegs, SW Motech City Evo Tank Bag, Triumph Tankpad & Centerstand,  Ventura rear rack.

Online Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
« Reply #25 on: 25 September, 2019, 10:11:47 AM »
Just been looking at them on DemonTweeks site, they have 3 Nitron shocks that fit, for sport, track & race.

https://www.demon-tweeks.com/uk/nitron-sport-shock-nrsntbkt23s/
The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions.
Leonardo da Vinci

Offline orange99

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport 2018
  • City / Town: Edenbridge, Kent
« Reply #26 on: 25 September, 2019, 11:59:16 AM »
I've used Nitrons on a couple of bikes now and have been really pleased with them - in each case the Sport model with a remote preload.

FYI - for the last 2 years Nitron have had a winter offer for the remote preload at half price so if you can hang on you could save best part of a 100.
TDM 900 (Commuting duties) and a 2018 Tiger Sport.  Orange Tiger 1050  - gone but not forgotten.........also in the past a 900 Sprint and 955 Tiger.

Offline jkd102

• Tiger Master
« Reply #27 on: 25 September, 2019, 12:47:41 PM »

Hey Foxes, I have a Paul VFR preload adjuster for sale ($40) that attaches to the Sport OEM shock and makes adjusting preload easy as.
PM me if interested

Offline Foxes

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #28 on: 25 September, 2019, 08:13:05 PM »
Thanks, JKD102 for the offer, but don't think to do that is going to solve the problem with the ride comfort for the pillion, need to try and keep her happy.

Thanks for the heads up on the winter sale, for the preload adjuster I am holding off as I'm in Finland and the UK over Xmas, so was planning on having it posted to the parents and then bring back to NZ, cheaper than buy it over here. so hopefully they will still do the winter sale, will be nice to save $200.

Offline iowtiger

• Tiger Newbie
  • Bike/Model: tiger sport
  • City / Town: Ventnor
« Reply #29 on: 29 March, 2020, 12:28:11 PM »
I'm in the UK I fitted a nitron R2 with hpa and Maxton do a full fork kit not cheap but bike just feels so much more planted and handles  superbly