Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Clutch actuator switch  (Read 1378 times)

Offline moodytico

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: Washington
  • City / Town: East Wenatchee
Re: Clutch actuator switch
« Reply #20 on: 25 June, 2019, 02:51:21 PM »
I agree....I believe the switch is working the way it should (it's brand new).  The only thing it can be is the lever.  The thing that boogles my mind is that the previous switch and lever were functioning fine for a whole year.  For some reason after replacing my clutch and I reassembled it quit working.   Filing down the pin sounds interesting but I want play with it more before I do that.

Offline moodytico

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: Washington
  • City / Town: East Wenatchee
« Reply #21 on: 30 June, 2019, 11:59:58 PM »
I thought I would give everyone an update since this problem has been such a PITA maybe someone else won't have to go through the frustration.  It was pretty obvious the plunger was too long or the lever was pressing on it too much.  I finally decided to take my dremel and start grinding on the plunger.  I took off about 1/8 inch and tried it.  Bike starts with clutch in like it's supposed too and fuel gauge is reading.  Since the new switch was for earlier Tigers I don't know if it was slightly longer than factory or if my aftermarket lever was the culprit.  Either way it works.

Offline Sidewinder

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: 2007 Tiger 1050 Yellow
  • City / Town: Sheffield
« Reply #22 on: 01 July, 2019, 02:04:44 PM »
Nice one.

Offline pcarnut

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: 2011 Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: Carlsbad
« Reply #23 on: 31 July, 2019, 12:42:46 AM »
Sorry for all the headache, but thanks for following up in the thread.  Will save this page for future reference.   :152:
2018 Tiger 1200
2014 TEx
2011 1050 SE
1984 R100S Last Edition